wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Nice pic of the fellowship! I easily like Gandalf and Gimli the most! But I have a major preference for copious facial hair, go figure.

Those new beards! I welcome them with arms wide open! Only Gimli's helmet appears just a tiny bit overdecorated but that's most likely personal preference on my part.

The Hobbits are all represented nicely, although Samwise's hair piece doesn't really do the reference material justice, too long and too uniform with the mischief-cousins. Aragorn and Boromir are solidly portrayed, so no complaints here. And Legolas thankfully conveys that "elven"-feeling, yet strays enough from his Mr.Bloom-movie-version to cut it with me, but only by a small margin. He is then also the one character I'd want multiples of, so I could dust off my old paints and brushes, give the hairpieces yellow ears and swap them with some of my CMF-elves. Also a perfect addition to that green princess from the Kingdoms joust set: Instant woman-elf.

Everything else concerning this line is pretty irrelevant to me, unless we got really HUGE numbers of desirable new parts (a Narsil/Anduril-piece would be such a part; undecided on the new horses).

My 2 €-cents...

Be well all!

Cutty

I'd be annoyed we're getting the same hair 4 times for the hobbits, were they not as gorgeous as they are. :laugh:

Legolas - Still a rather long face, but not many other issues. Interested to see how the long hair/quiver will be handled.

Aragorn - His clothes should be black. Oh well.

Gandalf - No sand blue hat? :cry_sad:

Boromir - Really brightly colored. :sadnew: But still a good design.

Gimli - Nice helmet. Not much else to be said. :sweet:

Sam - Grew his hair out, but I don't have any problems with it. :laugh:

Frodo - At last, a good picture of the ring. Looks about as I thought. I assumed his hair was black, though.

Merry - Nailed his face. :thumbup:

Pippin - Same story. :thumbup:

I'd be annoyed we're getting the same hair 4 times for the hobbits, were they not as gorgeous as they are. :laugh:

Legolas - Still a rather long face, but not many other issues. Interested to see how the long hair/quiver will be handled.

Aragorn - His clothes should be black. Oh well.

Gandalf - No sand blue hat? :cry_sad:

Boromir - Really brightly colored. :sadnew: But still a good design.

Gimli - Nice helmet. Not much else to be said. :sweet:

Sam - Grew his hair out, but I don't have any problems with it. :laugh:

Frodo - At last, a good picture of the ring. Looks about as I thought. I assumed his hair was black, though.

Merry - Nailed his face. :thumbup:

Pippin - Same story. :thumbup:

Legolas turned out well, im all for the face now! I like their color for aragorn, in reailty it is really deep green.

The hobbit hair is in 4 diferent colors aswell(unless im seeing wrong) wich makes it even more OK to use it 4 times! :laugh:

I only recently completed my Fellowship out of Bricklinked bits and bobs, and love it as I do... these guys will be a nice compliment.

I'm glad I opted to make mine traditional Yellow and more "book based," which is to say not "movie accurate," thus making the collecting of this new group not a total redundancy.

So yeah... I likes 'em. If I get the full fellowship remains to be seen, but I'm sure I'll have about 13 Frodos by the end of it.

Legolas turned out well, im all for the face now! I like their color for aragorn, in reailty it is really deep green.

The hobbit hair is in 4 diferent colors aswell(unless im seeing wrong) wich makes it even more OK to use it 4 times! :laugh:

Well, yes, and I suppose it does emphasis the 'snobby elf' thing in Lord of the Rings, but I can't see any similarities between Will Turner and him - perhaps I'm being too picky, but a little less of a goofy expression on the former and the removal of facial print would make a decent Legolas.

That said, it's still a good face print. And Merry's hair is probably as close to mine as one could get in Lego, I love the hobbit-hair. :wub:

Looking back, I'll probably give Sam's hair to Pippin and give Sam a different hairstyle.

Yeah, I guess thats policy here

And offcourse legoman 273 is the: Ever vigilant spam zapper!!!!

@legoman273:

That post took some time and preparing, You could just have said that i should have been aware of the fact that lego is already producing these sets.

That would have been polite.

Anyway, googleing lego lotr directs me to error 404 sites hosted by tlc. And the lotr rumor banner is still on eurobricks mainsite.

That i posted on page 115 came somewhat later to me.... My bad.

Why has nobody noticed there's finally a description of Orc Forge on Brickset? :sweet:

Machinery and 5 Orcs. Between this and Uruk-hai army recreating Helm's Deep won't be a problem. :laugh:

@mcbeef

Sooo did you get excited now that you know the sets are coming and there are plenty of images to look at?

@mcbeef

Sooo did you get excited now that you know the sets are coming and there are plenty of images to look at?

I sure am,

Just thought it was funny that "possible evidence" was in my mailbox all this time.

Ill be browsing this forum from now on!

Well, yes, and I suppose it does emphasis the 'snobby elf' thing in Lord of the Rings, but I can't see any similarities between Will Turner and him - perhaps I'm being too picky, but a little less of a goofy expression on the former and the removal of facial print would make a decent Legolas.

I agree. It may be hard to properly compare the two faces from the minifigs but you would have a hard time believing it was the same person with dark hair and a beard.

I know minifigs can only show very minimal expression and likeness but the Han Solo and Indiana Jones minifigures and Dastan lol look similar enough to be the same person

I know minifigs can only show very minimal expression and likeness but the Han Solo and Indiana Jones minifigures and Dastan lol look similar enough to be the same person

I'm still holding my breath for dual faces. The only figure that couldn't pull it off as a result of short or no hair is Gandalf. In the same order as before...

Legolas - Determined/one-eyed face for aiming arrows.

Aragorn - Grim/battle face.

Gandalf - I'd prefer a 'happy' dual expression here, it'd fit Gandalf all too well.

Boromir - Confident grin.

Gimli - Surprised/furious.

Sam - Wide-eyed/scared.

Frodo - Half-smile (but the one face he has really fits about everything :thumbup: )

Merry - Determined?

Pippin - Terrified.

willturnerVSlegolas.jpg

they dont look very similar here either..

As for similarities withe the prints their eyes and eyebrows are same shapes.

*Snip*

they dont look very similar here either..

As for similarities withe the prints their eyes and eyebrows are same shapes.

They look very similar to me... :wacko: I just don't see that resemblance in the figure heads.

My only disappointment here is that I was hoping they would bring back the light up lego figs so Gandalfs staff would glow. =(

Wow, those figures look absolutely fantastic :wub: . Can't wait to see the designs of the other LotR figs such as Uruk-Hai, Orcs, Goblins and Rohirrim. From what I'm seeing here, they'll surely be stunning, too.

I love the hobbits' hair and the printing on all the figs. I do like Legolas' face print. It looks snobbish and serene, like an Elf should be.

As for the glove situation Boromir and Aragorn I like not wearing gloves but Gimli should wear gloves cause I think he almsot never takes them off.

For what its worth Boromir has red arms in the prelims, I think this might just be another CG oversight! :classic:

http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=2396

Posted by Huw in United Kingdom, 24 Jan 2012 14:43

The Orcs looked fab and have olive green head/hands. Boromir appears to have dark blue torso and dark red arms.

So, yes, CGI oversight indeed.

http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=2396

Posted by Huw in United Kingdom, 24 Jan 2012 14:43

The Orcs looked fab and have olive green head/hands. Boromir appears to have dark blue torso and dark red arms.

So, yes, CGI oversight indeed.

I saw, I was the one who asked about it :thumbup: , it is great news! lets hope the gandalf situation is an oversight aswell. It is excellent that we get 5 orcs! in one set. We now have uruks goblins and orcs accounted for in lego. They are doing a great job covering factions fellowship, eomer and theoden + rohan soldier.

What we miss is some elves to accompany Haldir

I saw, I was the one who asked about it :thumbup: , it is great news! lets hope the gandalf situation is an oversight aswell. It is excellent that we get 5 orcs! in one set. We now have uruks goblins and orcs accounted for in lego. They are doing a great job covering factions fellowship, eomer and theoden + rohan soldier.

What we miss is some elves to accompany Haldir

Hah, I see that now! I didn't realize it was the same username on both sites.

In any case, thanks for asking that question and I agree - it definitely is great news!

Something have LEGO at the Hobbits forgotten:

-hairy feeds! :laugh:

The minifigures are looking very well. :thumbup: I like particularly the torsos from the Hobbits and Gimli's helmet. These details are perfect!

I have some ideas for Gandalf and Boromir:

-Gandalf could get a new molded magic wand and grey hairs under his hat.

-Boromir could get a printed White Tree on his torso and could hold in his hand the Horn of Gondor.

Greetings

Elander

-Boromir could get a printed White Tree on his torso and could hold in his hand the Horn of Gondor.

The tree of gondor wasnt on the costume he wore in FOTR.

__

what anoys me (now) is aragorns costume colors are all wrong hes 2 shirts under the coat should switch colors.

Aragorn_medz_cal.jpg

Edited by deskp

The tree of gondor wasnt on the costume he wore in FOTR.

what anoys me (now) is aragorns costume colors are all wrong hes 2 shirts under the jacket should switch colors. and the darkest brown would be best for hes coat!

His coat is dark brown, however.

So is Frodo's hair, his and Merry and Pippin's legs, and probably Gimli's legs as well, like I pointed out earlier.

The lighting used on this picture just makes the colors alot lighter.

This is main reason that the seemingly inaccurate dark blue color on Boromir stands out so much - in person, it will be less noticeable and a whole lot better.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

These are absolutely amazing! This confirms so much speculation about this theme, like the color of Legolas's clothes and that the ring is a new mold. I'm pretty sure that Gimli's helmet will be grey rather than brown, and Boromir's arms will be dark red rather than blue. I just can't wait!

I like most of the figures, but Gandalf needs his hair! I also hoped that Boromir would have red arms with printed chain mail on it.

I agree that Boromir looks more like Theoden than Boromir :sceptic: but other than that the figs are all great. I was hoping for Saruman in the orc forge set, but 5 orcs will do nicely.

Since the sets themselves are reported to be very similar to the preliminary pictures, the mini figs are obviously the selling point of this theme. Not to say the sets are bad, but the mini figs are so much cooler. If the photo is any indication of the resources LEGO is putting into this theme, I am very excited to see the next wave!

Edited by BTappel