Sign in to follow this  
legomarvelfanboy

lego marvel S.H.E.I.L.D helicarrier

I went to see Avengers assemble for the second time last night and couldn't help thinking would it be possible to make a scale helicarrier, I know it may seem ambitious but it would be so cool. I don't mean the whole interior just a level of rooms below the flight deck and the control tower also the huge engine turbines.

I'd say yes but you'd probably need to drastically scale it down unless you have the bricks time space and money to build it to this sort of scale:

163964d1302178449-lego-lovers-out-there-lego_aircraft_carrier.jpg

not mine obviously but I think its similarily proportioned to the helicarrier minus the propeller rings.

http://www.damncoolpictures.com/2007/01/lego-aircraft-carrier.html heres more pictures so you can get a better look.

Edited by lockdownTF

wow that thing is huge, I never really thought to search for aircraft carriers for a size comparison. its a logical choice now it seems it may be a bit too big

thanks for the link.

Edited by legomarvelfanboy

It would be possible to make a mini scale carrier. Just get a lot of the mini quinjets when they come out and use them for the scale.

I'm working an a UCS Death Star-scale Helicarrier, and let me tell you something- even at playset scale, it's huge. With 20 rooms and the giant rotors, it weighs several pounds. My guess is that any Helicarrier model with a complete hull, flight deck, and everything would only be a UCS set in the style of the Death Star, Millenium Falcon, and so forth.default_sceptic.gif

I'd say yes but you'd probably need to drastically scale it down unless you have the bricks time space and money to build it to this sort of scale:

163964d1302178449-lego-lovers-out-there-lego_aircraft_carrier.jpg

not mine obviously but I think its similarily proportioned to the helicarrier minus the propeller rings.

http://www.damncoolp...ft-carrier.html heres more pictures so you can get a better look.

I wonder if his marriage lasted long after he brought this home. That would be the end of mine for sure. :)

I am moving out tomorrow and Starks Tower and this are my first projects.

PM me when it's finished. :drool:

I have yet to see the movie, but from the trailers I'd imagine that it is indeed similar in size to ordinary aircraft carriers, making it difficult to build to minifig scale. Perhaps at 1/8 minifig scale, or 1/4 scale if you're feeling ambitious. No matter what scale you choose, though, it's going to be big! Good luck! I look forward to seeing the finished project(s)! :thumbup:

I was thinking of something more midi-scale not overly massive but able to comfortably work with the mini figures. Although all those ships are very impressive.

Not as an official set, unless it's really small scale. Though TLC did release a Death-Star set, Twice. Though I'm pretty sure someone will make a giant MOC of it soon enough.