sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Hey all, I've been reading this topic for a couple years now. (2014 probably!) And I've finally decided to make an account and share my own customs. I'm sure some of these have been done in this topic before, but I arranged most of them just by sorting through Bricklink.

Nice job! I like all of those figures. Honestly, my only suggestion would've been to try gray (or another color) legs on Zatanna, to show that she's wearing tights. But it sounds like you knew exactly what you wanted on her and went all out to get those parts, so I can't say that yours is wrong. Again, nice job all around!

The orange hair on the Syndrome fig (upcoming Disney CMF line) would be perfect for Firestorm

Use Flash's head and now we just need to think of a good torso....

The orange hair on the Syndrome fig (upcoming Disney CMF line) would be perfect for Firestorm

The torso's always been the hardest part, especially with Flash's head being so perfect but using a very specific red. The new fire-y head bit from the upcoming Ghost Rider figure might be better for him, though.

Clever idea, using the old Hulk minifig's legs on him! I didn't even notice that those weren't Gobby's legs until I started looking for them! Good work!

I actually think the head on the Nexo Knights soldier is better...it was used a couple pages back.

Ok i'm trying to find a placeholder for a Civil War Hawkeye mini figure (Keeping optimistic about one being announced eventually...)

This is what I'm thinking

Hair/Head from AoU

Original hawkeye mini fig body with a dark red arm swap (I know..He's got purple now according to concept art*). I may try the purple to see but I doubt it will match the torso well.

Legs depending on the Torso/Arm Swap, test the old Hawkeye the new AoU legs, and Beast boy legs (*If a purple arm swap is a success.)

I hope it goes without saying that I'll add a custom compound to him, I've never been too thrilled with the fixed arrow/draw on TLG's bow design.

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions? I want to nock this thing out and pull the string on this soon here so anything would be appreciated.

I've made a custom Katana, Killer Croc and Scarecrow from DC and a custom Hood from Marvel, I'll post them soon but I'm new so if I can't figure it out I'll just link them. Any suggestions for heroes who wear suits? Or for Lobo or Deathstroke?

I've made a custom Katana, Killer Croc and Scarecrow from DC and a custom Hood from Marvel, I'll post them soon but I'm new so if I can't figure it out I'll just link them. Any suggestions for heroes who wear suits? Or for Lobo or Deathstroke?

I've seen some good Lobos using Mutt Williams's leather jacket, and any variety of vampire heads and radical black hairpieces.

Deathstroke's a whole lot harder to do well, since he's got such a unique pattern to him. If I were you I'd fold and just get the official version, and maybe make some changes to him as you see fit.

By suits, do you mean costumes or formal wear? Because if it's the latter, there's always the Question, Moon Knight, Sandman, Crimson Avenger, Zatara, mostly just look out for the early, pulp hero types.

I've seen some good Lobos using Mutt Williams's leather jacket, and any variety of vampire heads and radical black hairpieces.

Deathstroke's a whole lot harder to do well, since he's got such a unique pattern to him. If I were you I'd fold and just get the official version, and maybe make some changes to him as you see fit.

By suits, do you mean costumes or formal wear? Because if it's the latter, there's always the Question, Moon Knight, Sandman, Crimson Avenger, Zatara, mostly just look out for the early, pulp hero types.

Cool thanks that's a good idea, I didn't know there was an official Deathstroke what set is he in. And yes I meant formal wear so again thank you.

Anyone have ideas on uses for collectible series 15 for any dc characters?

Oh boy, do I!

Spaceman - This is kind of a stretch, but hear me out. If you had the chance to watch Justice League Unlimited, one of the

White Martians, the main

antagonists of the first episode disguised him/herself as

a Senator who was also a former astronaut. He's technically a civilian, but I think it still works.

Ballerina - Not DC, but Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow,

went to a Russian ballet school, which was where they trained her to be the bad-megablocks assassin she is today. See here:

I do. But no one must know. Not yet. :devil::blush:

The gold wings would go great with the New52 design for Hawkman, I've never been a fan of the plastic flimsy wings they gave him.

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

I do. But no one must know. Not yet. :devil::blush:

Please?

The gold wings would go great with the New52 design for Hawkman, I've never been a fan of the plastic flimsy wings they gave him.

Nice idea! I had the same though. As for the bit about the wings: +1. I had to flatten mine with a dictionary.

Anyone have ideas on uses for collectible series 15 for any dc characters?

Oh boy, do I! Sorry to say, but these are not all DC.

Farmer - This is kind of cheating, but the pig could be used to augment a scene with Animal Man or Bwana Beast ... :blush: Circe, even the DC version, was still known for turning people into pigs. :P In all seriousness, that pitchfork could be used in conjunction with Scarecrow or someone, and those double-molded boots could be used by many people, but right now, I can only see Cap or Thor using them. I think there’s a farm near the classic (and by classic I mean 1930’s/1940’s) version of the Batcave, so there’s a civilian you can use.

Spaceman - This is kind of a stretch, but hear me out. If you ever watched the DCAU Justice League Unlimited, cartoon one of the White Martians,

who were the main antagonists of the first episode

disguised him/herself as a Senator who was also a former astronaut.

He's technically another civilian, but I think it still works.

Evil Knight - His arms make for good printed vambraces for Batman, and his mace would make for good a Hawkman weapon, or assorted weapon fodder.

Guy with crutches - Bruce Wayne when injured (just the head wrap), Bruce Wayne when Bane kicked his butt, (crutches, head wrap and legs), or anybody injured.

“Native American Girl” (A.K.A Sacagawea) - The swaddled baby, if positioned so the face wasn’t visible, could be used to great effect, and her hair, feathers, and torso would all make a good Apache Chief.

“Winged God” (A.K.A Apollo) - As Retrotaco said, they’d make for a great Hawkman. The torso would also work good for the DC version of the male members of the Greek pantheon, or going back to Hawkman, good Thanagarians of either gender. The mask could also be good for Hro Talek, a specific Thanagarian who wore a slightly different mask than Hawkman did. Now, technically, the character I’m about to mention is not a superhero, but in his established canon, he’s helped to saved all of creation more than once, so that makes him okay in my book. His name is Rory Pond, and it’s a long story, but once upon a wibbly-wobbley timey wimey, he was a soldier for the Roman Empire, so that muscled cuirass torso would look great on him. Post Script: If you want to see him in action, check out Doctor Who. If you already know about him, good job, fellow Whovian. :D

Saytr/Pan - The legs, if combined with the Minotaur, could make a pretty good generic enemy or ally for Wonder Woman. Also, the flute could be used for the Pied Piper.

Skunk Catcher - As with the farmer, this is kind of cheating, but the skunk, like the pig, could be used to augment a scene with Animal Man or Bwana Beast ... :blush: In all seriousness, that net could be used in a tongue-in-cheek way by someone trying to catch Gorilla Grodd, (or something of that nature), her dark brown hair could make for a good unmasked Hawkgirl, unmasked Batgirl/Oracle, April O’ Neil, unmasked Rose Wilson, young Rogue, Diana Prince (Wonder Woman’s alter-ego, Shadowcat, Lady Deadpool, Black Widow in disguise, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Finally, her double molded sleeves could make good arms for modern Parademons or classic Hydra agents.

Janitor - The Toxic Avenger, a member of Damage Control, an actual generic janitor (for S.T.A.R. Labs/ The Daily Planet, or the like), Stan “the Janitor” Lee, any member of the Planeteers, Hong Kong Phooey, Booster Gold (in some incarnations), Space Janitor Mac, a disguise for Batman or someone, the broom could be used for The Pandorica Opens versión of the Doctor from Doctor Who, The Custodian, Parasite or another pre-transformation supervillain, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

went to a Russian ballet school, which was where they trained her to be the bad-megablocks assassin she is today. See here: https://www.youtube....h?v=gGaACqYjiJ8

I'm sure there's some other uses, but I can’t think of any specifics right now.

Robot - Blue Beetle III (as done by Autorazr on page 124)

Kendo Guy - I’m not sure …

Shark Suit Guy - King Shark or any of the other shark-related superheroes/villains we have … (as done by Hulk_Smash on page 123)

Wrestler - I’m not sure …

Jewel Thief - Catwoman or Black Cat, or any other cat-burglar …

Queen - I’m not sure …

Queen with a face swap could be part of the Royal Flush gang.

Edited by Krikkit

Please?

Okay fine. :sweet:

For the Winged Warrior I was thinking Heimdall. (Its on my Flickr for those interested.)

And for the Janitor I was thinking Death of the Family Joker, just with actual sleeves instead of the short dual molding with yellow showing.

Thats it. I was sort of hoping to have both figures ready when I unveiled the idea but I don't have the Janitor sadly. :grin:

I took this quote from the "Database of Actor Minifigs" topic, and I'm curious what the proposed custom would look like, so I can decide if I want to make it for myself.

I was just amazed to find out that there actually isn't an official LEGO minifig of the suit from TAS. I assumed there was until seeing them all lined up just now. I mean, you can easily make one by taking the blue suit figure with the yellow and black logo and switching out all the blue parts for black parts, but still.

Can someone please show me that minifigure?

Edit: I didn't realize it had already been done here.

Edited by Silent Nomad

Please?

Nice idea! I had the same though. As for the bit about the wings: +1. I had to flatten mine with a dictionary.

Oh boy, do I! Sorry to say, but these are not all DC.

Farmer - This is kind of cheating, but the pig could be used to augment a scene with Animal Man or Bwana Beast ... :blush: Circe, even the DC version, was still known for turning people into pigs. :P In all seriousness, that pitchfork could be used in conjunction with Scarecrow or someone, and those double-molded boots could be used by many people, but right now, I can only see Cap or Thor using them. I think there’s a farm near the classic (and by classic I mean 1930’s/1940’s) version of the Batcave, so there’s a civilian you can use.

Spaceman - This is kind of a stretch, but hear me out. If you ever watched the DCAU Justice League Unlimited, cartoon one of the White Martians,

who were the main antagonists of the first episode

disguised him/herself as a Senator who was also a former astronaut.

He's technically another civilian, but I think it still works.

Evil Knight - His arms make for good printed vambraces for Batman, and his mace would make for good a Hawkman weapon, or assorted weapon fodder.

Guy with crutches - Bruce Wayne when injured (just the head wrap), Bruce Wayne when Bane kicked his butt, (crutches, head wrap and legs), or anybody injured.

“Native American Girl” (A.K.A Sacagawea) - The swaddled baby, if positioned so the face wasn’t visible, could be used to great effect, and her hair, feathers, and torso would all make a good Apache Chief.

“Winged God” (A.K.A Apollo) - As Retrotaco said, they’d make for a great Hawkman. The torso would also work good for the DC version of the male members of the Greek pantheon, or going back to Hawkman, good Thanagarians of either gender. The mask could also be good for Hro Talek, a specific Thanagarian who wore a slightly different mask than Hawkman did. Now, technically, the character I’m about to mention is not a superhero, but in his established canon, he’s helped to saved all of creation more than once, so that makes him okay in my book. His name is Rory Pond, and it’s a long story, but once upon a wibbly-wobbley timey wimey, he was a soldier for the Roman Empire, so that muscled cuirass torso would look great on him. Post Script: If you want to see him in action, check out Doctor Who. If you already know about him, good job, fellow Whovian. :D

Saytr/Pan - The legs, if combined with the Minotaur, could make a pretty good generic enemy or ally for Wonder Woman. Also, the flute could be used for the Pied Piper.

Skunk Catcher - As with the farmer, this is kind of cheating, but the skunk, like the pig, could be used to augment a scene with Animal Man or Bwana Beast ... :blush: In all seriousness, that net could be used in a tongue-in-cheek way by someone trying to catch Gorilla Grodd, (or something of that nature), her dark brown hair could make for a good unmasked Hawkgirl, unmasked Batgirl/Oracle, April O’ Neil, unmasked Rose Wilson, young Rogue, Diana Prince (Wonder Woman’s alter-ego, Shadowcat, Lady Deadpool, Black Widow in disguise, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Finally, her double molded sleeves could make good arms for modern Parademons or classic Hydra agents.

Janitor - The Toxic Avenger, a member of Damage Control, an actual generic janitor (for S.T.A.R. Labs/ The Daily Planet, or the like), Stan “the Janitor” Lee, any member of the Planeteers, Hong Kong Phooey, Booster Gold (in some incarnations), Space Janitor Mac, a disguise for Batman or someone, the broom could be used for The Pandorica Opens versión of the Doctor from Doctor Who, The Custodian, Parasite or another pre-transformation supervillain, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

went to a Russian ballet school, which was where they trained her to be the bad-megablocks assassin she is today. See here: https://www.youtube....h?v=gGaACqYjiJ8

I'm sure there's some other uses, but I can’t think of any specifics right now.

Robot - Blue Beetle III (as done by Autorazr on page 124)

Kendo Guy - I’m not sure …

Shark Suit Guy - King Shark or any of the other shark-related superheroes/villains we have … (as done by Hulk_Smash on page 123)

Wrestler - I’m not sure …

Jewel Thief - Catwoman or Black Cat, or any other cat-burglar …

Queen - I’m not sure …

Holy moly, that is great amount of ideas. Thank you Cheese! Also great ideas legocity :D

Queen with a face swap could be part of the Royal Flush gang.

Yes! That sounds like a great idea!

For the Winged Warrior I was thinking Heimdall. (Its on my Flickr for those interested.)

That's an awesome idea! I'm more of a DC person, so Heimdall wasn't on my radar, but I can definitely see how the Winged Warrior would be useful for that. By the way, what is your Flickr?

And for the Janitor I was thinking Death of the Family Joker, just with actual sleeves instead of the short dual molding with yellow showing.

Sadly, I don't have the Janitor either, but I think that'd be a great Joker to make. I have seen people achieve him using the two mechanics that we already have: https://www.google.c...iw=1366&bih=657, but I think your version could be better than those. :D

Holy moly, that is great amount of ideas. Thank you Cheese! Also great ideas legocity :D

You're very welcome. :D Have fun with them!

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

Hey all, I've been reading this topic for a couple years now. (2014 probably!) And I've finally decided to make an account and share my own customs. I'm sure some of these have been done in this topic before, but I arranged most of them just by sorting through Bricklink.

http://imgur.com/a/Pz3MX

Emma Frost: She was my first custom, and one of my favorites Marvel characters.

ghost Rider, Squirrel Girl, "Jessica Jones", rogue, and Professor X: These guys are kinda phoned in I guess. I'm not super happy with any of them, but they are what they are.

Electro Batman and Arctic Batman: These two are just changed to have the weapons they do in the Batman games. I'm very happy with how they came out.

Zatanna: She's my newest addition.. And a darn expensive one at that! The Victor Krum legs aren't cheap to come by! I got these majorly reduced because they had a scratch on them, but for the life of me I can't find it on it.

Malcom Merlyn: He was an easy fig to make, but I really liked how he turned out.

Whats professer X's torso from?