sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

I'm thinking about making a Tumblr to archive purist superhero figs, since it's a bit challenging to find specific characters that are actually purist if you're looking. Not sure about a name, though. Do you guys like that idea? Of course, nobody's pictures would be used without at least sourcing it, if not seeking permission first.

That's an awesome Idea man. Of course I would love for you to use any of mine (as long as you link shes-a-brick.tumblr.com, i could use some attention there). Something I've been doing is keeping all of mine on imgur and updating a Purist DC and Marvel albums.

DC

http://imgur.com/a/06f7O

Marvel

http://imgur.com/a/CdyKl

I'm thinking about making a Tumblr to archive purist superhero figs, since it's a bit challenging to find specific characters that are actually purist if you're looking. Not sure about a name, though. Do you guys like that idea? Of course, nobody's pictures would be used without at least sourcing it, if not seeking permission first.

Feel free to use mine (as long as you link to https://www.flickr.com/photos/purploros/).

Thanks, you guys! I'm just setting things up now! Here's a link, don't hesitate to let me know what you think!

This is a great idea - the thread is a pain to search but there are lots of great designs in here. Please feel free to use any of my pictures too.

I created a Flickr group:

https://www.flickr.c...ps/2865357@N20/

This is also a good plan - will definitely join this.

Is there any uses for the headband/sweatband batman head besides batman variants? Preferably DC, but I just need something to do with all these dumb heads lawl

Is there any uses for the headband/sweatband batman head besides batman variants? Preferably DC, but I just need something to do with all these dumb heads lawl

I've seen some people use them on Wildcat for mixed results. I tend to use mine in cases where a helmet covers most of the face, but not all of it, like my Orion figure, for example. I used to use one for Knight until I switched to the new Batman head and Space Batman cowl.

Victor Looks real cool like that. DC You has been awesome, I want to do a the new batman and superman in purist.

SO HERES A TON OF UPDATES, sorry

bElYNw8.jpg

Electro

Hey man, sorry to bother you. I'm looking to do this maybe to my Electro, debating whether or not to get Jay's Airjitzu flyer.

So, if I could make a request, could you maybe post a pic of that same Electro without the hood?

Thanks in advance man, much appreciated. :wink::thumbup: :thumbup:

Was a little bored today, so I whipped up my version of Telos. After him, I decided to make the new 52 kid flash... Well, sort of.

Telos

Telos

Kid Flash

Kid flash (sort of)

Batman: The Animated Series

That's really cool. I didn't catch the layered capes at first, since they're so close in color, but that's cool too. I thought the differently colored underside in the animations was just supposed to be a shadow, not a specifically different color.

That's really cool. I didn't catch the layered capes at first, since they're so close in color, but that's cool too. I thought the differently colored underside in the animations was just supposed to be a shadow, not a specifically different color.

Thanks!

You're right, blue is used to highlight black in cartoons and comics. The cape's a reference to that.

Edit: 700th Post! :excited:

Edited by Sir Gareth

Batman: The Animated Series

I believe that's been posted here before(?)

(Sorry if it hasn't, I guess I just see it way too often around Flickr! :tongue: )

I believe that's been posted here before(?)

(Sorry if it hasn't, I guess I just see it way too often around Flickr! :tongue: )

Maybe you're confusing it with my Batman: The Dark Knight Returns minifigure from a few pages back... :look:

I did also post it on Flickr, so maybe you saw it there :shrug_confused:

Edited by Sir Gareth

I finally have approached my 50th post on flickr, and what better way to do it than with another flash villain. Of course, he is more of a recent villain that was introduced. So here he is, Selkirk of the Acolytes of Zoom

Selkirk

PS: I'm aware of the lack of facial hair.

Has anyone tried to do a Superior Spider-Man with the new Miles Morales Spidey?

I think that the regular Ultimate Spider Man head + the new Miles Morales Spidey body + the neck rig they used with Carnage with some different pieces = purist Superior Spiderman! :D

Can somebody post a pic of that?

Has anyone tried to do a Superior Spider-Man with the new Miles Morales Spidey?

I think that the regular Ultimate Spider Man head + the new Miles Morales Spidey body + the neck rig they used with Carnage with some different pieces = purist Superior Spiderman! :D

Can somebody post a pic of that?

I feel silly for doing this after the fact, but I searched the thread, and I saw that more than one person had already done something similar. Credit to all of the original guys and gals here who had the idea for a Superior Spiderman before I did.

Maybe you're confusing it with my Batman: The Dark Knight Returns minifigure from a few pages back... :look:

I did also post it on Flickr, so maybe you saw it there :shrug_confused:

Who knows! I've seen Captain Nemo/Julius No use it a lot. But I haven't seen him use that face. It matches well with TAS Batman and is quite a clever usage. :thumbup: Now just to find a really pale Batman to use my Scuba Batman head for! :laugh:

K, I'm on a roll this week it seems, here's another acolyte of zoom, folded man! Very simple figure, as he is not always 3d.

Folded Man