sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

This is one I have been thinking on for a while, Powergirl:

power_girl.jpg

If only Lego had a wider variety of flesh legs. Also, the torso is not perfect but it is close enough for me. I like all of my superheroes for fit in with the official ones so I try and make it work with the flesh colored pieces available.

I really like that Tomar Re, Krikkit! I feel like it's missing a small something, though.

I'm seriously digging that Power Girl. The torso seems to be the only real weak spot. This torso seems to be the only one I can find that would make a decent alternative.

AoNC3kY.jpg?1

Spider-Man (done before), Daredevil (Shown before), Ant-Man, Star-Lord, and Black Panther.

Star-Lord's combos are my least favorite. I'd recommend brown hands and those hips come in brown so it'd look better. The torso works very well for Rocket and any other member of your GotG crew. They were released in The Lone Ranger line and three of the same torsos came in the smallest set. So it works out quite dandy.

EDIT:

HVwWMtX.jpg?1

Here is the fixed Star-Lord and Rocket.

Spider-Man (done before), Daredevil (Shown before), Ant-Man, Star-Lord, and Black Panther.

Star-Lord's combos are my least favorite. I'd recommend brown hands and those hips come in brown so it'd look better. The torso works very well for Rocket and any other member of your GotG crew. They were released in The Lone Ranger line and three of the same torsos came in the smallest set. So it works out quite dandy.

EDIT:

I like the Ant-Man. The pieces used work well together. :thumbup:

My first DC's

16057484790_5aae5cbdcd_z.jpg

Batman in Superman battle armour from "The Dark Knight Returns" (ignore the cape, as it's custom, and ignore the cowl, the new 2015 one is much better suited to the style in the comic)

16057348208_757aff65d6_z.jpg

Green Arrow from "The Dark Knight strikes again". (Still needs some work, but I thought I'd post him here while he's purist)

16057351378_74dd0d28a2_z.jpg

The Question from "The Dark Knight strikes again".

16057497620_62681e53ac_z.jpg

Martian Manhunter from "The Dark Knight strikes again"

If anyone's got any suggestions on how to make Robin/Catgirl, Flash, or Lex Luthor from this reality, it'd be really appreciated!

Finally, a quick Marvel figure:

16057515810_a662c27299_z.jpg

Jack of Hearts

EDIT:

What legs are they on Star Lord?

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

Hello Eurobricks! I'm new here (as a member, I've been a guest for a long time), so instead of going back and posting all of my purist figures (which is almost all of them), I''ll leave my Flickr link in the signature. Not to waste my first post or be thrown off by an admin, I am going to post my latest work, which is a rendition of the T-800 Terminator.

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

I haven't read DKSA, Dr. Leg O Brick, but I really dig that Green Arrow! Makes for a nice Golden Age, too, save for the arm (which I'll assume has something to do with his being stuck as a lefty in DKR lol). As for Carrie Kelley, the Tim Drake Robin torso, a short yellow cape, green hips, flesh legs, and this hair or this one are all I've got so far. There're barely any female heads with masks or glasses, none of which scream Carrie Kelley to me, and we don't have flesh arms with green sleeves yet. I suppose flesh arms would work with green hands, maybe.

Thanks Numbuh1Nerd! Indeed it does, without ruining the story, as you know, Supes ripped his original one off before TDKR and sometime after he acquires a cybernetic replacement in the sequel. Here's a panel of him: http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m27/victoria_wayne/dkr2_ollie.jpg (after looking at this, I forgot to add a flesh arm :facepalm: ).

Thanks for the suggestions, it's very much appreciated. I'll bare that in mind when I get around to ordering supplies. Upon thinking, I'm not good with names, but wasn't there a women in Harry Potter (albeit older, much older) who wore some orange glasses/goggles?

CobaltMoon98

Superb Ghul and GA, I particularly like the use of the Mandarian torso/Kingdoms legs for GL, a great combination, and the head and hair used for Ra's, very fitting for both.

Thanks for the suggestions, it's very much appreciated. I'll bare that in mind when I get around to ordering supplies. Upon thinking, I'm not good with names, but wasn't there a women in Harry Potter (albeit older, much older) who wore some orange glasses/goggles?

I can't remember her name either, but I just found her head in my box last night! I did a quick mock-up of both of those hair ideas with that head (I used more of a rough New 52 Dick Grayson Robin suit, since I don't have the parts needed to do the rest of it accurately, but it gets the point across I think) Check 'em out over here and here.

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

I think you guys are looking for Madam Hooch. :classic:

Some nice stuff in here recently! I'm really liking Star Lord and Rocket. :thumbup:

CobaltMoon98

Superb Ghul and GA, I particularly like the use of the Mandarian torso/Kingdoms legs for GL, a great combination, and the head and hair used for Ra's, very fitting for both.

Thank you! I spent a while looking at different heads for Ra's and fell in love with that one. I was also pretty glad to find a torso and legs for Green Arrow which matched up like that. While I'm more of a fan of the sleeker costume for GA, I think this works well for a street level hero.

Edited by CobaltMoon98

I've been holding some back for a long while trying to figure out I wanted to do something different with this stuff. Spoiler: I didn't. It's all DC stuff.

HEROES

Mon-El

S.T.R.I.P.E.

Adam Strange

Manhunter

Knight (v2.0) and Squire

VILLAINS

Mirror Master

Captain Boomerang

Professor Pyg

Killer Moth

Brother Blood

Plastique

Doctor Light (v2.0)

Crazy Quilt

The Brain

Merryman

I'd definitely like some critiquing of these guys. Some of them I'm super proud of and lots I'm not too sure of, so if you guys could let me know what's working and what isn't (especially suggestions for replacement parts :grin: ) that would be fantastic.

Thanks Numbuh1Nerd and K-Nut for the help! Both mock ups are very good, it does indeed give the overall impression of the character. Personally, my favourite is the first. Thanks for the help on that, I'll order the appropriate parts at the end of the month.

CobaltMoon98

I 100% agree. I've always been a fan of his classic look, but the current gear is growing on me, particularly as it's more appropriate.

Also, Numbuh1Nerd, those figures are very good. I'm more or less 10-15 years behind DC wise, so I'm not sure if I could give you any suggestions for improvement, as I'm not up to date with costumes, by any degree. However, I think your Boomerang, Adam Strange, the Brain, Mirror Master, and especially Mon-El are very nicely executed. One critique I could give would be Mirror Master's legs, I can see why you used them, but Emmett's tag looks a bit out of place, if you know what I mean.

TheBigRedCheese

While not essentially a superhero, I remember seeing your Terminator awhile back, and I still think it's as impressive and accurate as the first time I saw it. My only recommendation would be to, perhaps, find some legs with some detail, maybe just a belt or something like that.

Thanks Numbuh1Nerd and K-Nut for the help! Both mock ups are very good, it does indeed give the overall impression of the character. Personally, my favourite is the first. Thanks for the help on that, I'll order the appropriate parts at the end of the month.

Also, Numbuh1Nerd, those figures are very good. I'm more or less 10-15 years behind DC wise, so I'm not sure if I could give you any suggestions for improvement, as I'm not up to date with costumes, by any degree. However, I think your Boomerang, Adam Strange, the Brain, Mirror Master, and especially Mon-El are very nicely executed. One critique I could give would be Mirror Master's legs, I can see why you used them, but Emmett's tag looks a bit out of place, if you know what I mean.

No problem! I think that hair looks a little better with the head, in particular. I'm still holding out for a more accurate head, though.

Thanks a bunch! Most of them aren't based on any particular costume, just the general look of the character. I've already fixed up Mirror Master's legs with some plain orange ones and I really think you're right. The simplicity was definitely the way to go.

Hey guys been away for a while and the content here has just gotten better and better, auto your latest are fantastic, but the jack of hearts above is stellar!

A few newies from me here; hope you guys like.

hobgoblin

IMG_1374_zpsc4c41b69.jpg

IMG_1375_zpscb74ee4a.jpg

daken

IMG_1376_zps0e427a28.jpg

mach v

IMG_1377_zps14cf9a36.jpg

majik

IMG_1379_zps0e63b7a6.jpg

red hood

IMG_1381_zps24b88a70.jpg

omega red

IMG_1382_zps2230f18f.jpg

guy gardiner and alan scott

IMG_1383_zpse8c76824.jpg

deadshot

IMG_1384_zps303f38c0.jpg

last one is not purist but one i feel represents the character well...

IMG_1385_zps108f60d3.jpg

would love constructive criticism :)

Deadshot, Hobgoblin, and Alan Scott are pretty fantastic! I think Red Hood could use the Deadpool head, as the lack of detail on the plain red is a little lackluster, and Guy Gardner is pretty great for the New 52 look. Everyone else I'm pretty unfamiliar with.