Sign in to follow this  
takuto20

Gryffindor Boy's Dorm

I originally wanted to depict Harry's first Christmas morning, but so far I have not been lucky with Minifigs Series 6 and have not found a pajama guy. Instead, I offer you the moment Harry rushed back to the dorm in order to get an old sock in order to set Dobby free, which in my book is also a pretty cool moment. It is my biggest MOC so far, and I obviously got inspired by many people here.

cimg5165.jpg

cimg5159.jpg

cimg5171.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by takuto20

Pretty nice! My only complaint is that the floor looks plain, but that's not really a big problem for me.

Actually, Harry used the sock he was wearing.

That confused me too... :look: Still a great addition to the community build. :classic:

Nice entry. Like others have said, the scene you describe never happened, neither in the book nor the movie. I think there may have been an instance in the books when Harry tried to find a last-minute gift for Dobby, but I'm not sure. I think it would be better if you try to find the pajama guy (just feel for the spiky hair and teddy bear) and make the Christmas morning scene. Otherwise, this could just be Harry getting dressed on a regular school morning. :wink:

As for the dorm itself, it's pretty nice. I don't mind the un-tiled floor. The only thing that bothers me a bit is how dark and ominous the room looks, but maybe this is the dorm in the evening or very early morning when it's dark. Also, I think the Gryffindor brick would look better on the wall than standing randomly in the room.

As others said, I'd tile the floor, and I'd also make the walls tan or dark tan, since this seems a bit dark for the cheery atmosphere of the Common Room. :classic:

Even though the scene you described never happened, I still really like this MoC. I also have to agree with others that it looks a bit dark, but that may just be my love for bright colors! :tongue: Nice job!

Edited by Legomaster34