commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

The promos look interesting, except that they all only have Harry, I'm going to have enough soon to do two full seven Potters scenes. But that's to be expected from the closed minded producers of toys, to them all minor characters are incapable of selling products. Anyway, the sets do seem like a nice piece assortment, it could include some nicer pieces, but these should fit in quite well with the existing sets.

I'll pass on these.

That would be a really stupid joke if it was one... :hmpf:

I would like the trolley, cheap way to get the printed owl and I don't have Harry in that torso yet :classic:

I wonder how they will be available...

Yeah, Brickset isn't usually known to do April Fools pranks (one of the reasons why I like that site), so these are real. It's just a big coincidence that all these instructions were added on April 1, or a bad joke by the Lego employees themselves. Anyway, I believe a deeplink is in order:

They aren't great, but they do look nice. They're good parts packs and I wouldn't mind getting a couple of them. :thumbup:

Do you know when and where these will be available? I think I might pick up a couple.

Edited by Legomaster34

When are these out?

Do you know when and where these will be available? I think I might pick up a couple.

I linked to them above for the first time. If you can't see when or where they'll be available, none of us can.

And please don't quote pictures that are a few posts up.

The exclusive minifig is a bit disappointing, imho. If it absolutely had to be Harry, a Deathly Hallows themed Harry would have been much better. Would also have been the perfect way to give him a new hair piece (the old one is waaay outdated).

The poly sets look nice. If I see them at retail I'll definitely get them. Some potions stuff would be nice, another printed owl can only be a good thing, and a Harry minifig that isn't in his uniform is nice to see.

I'm actually kinda surprised nobody's mentioned the new pictures of this year's main three sets:

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=4865-1

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=4866-1

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=4867-1

Kinda hoping these are still preliminary to a certain extent. I can understand Harry wearing his uniform in the castle set, but the Forest and Knight Bus sets Harry's should be in normal/muggle clothing. I'm still slightly miffed at the lack of the Grim/dog-form Sirius for the Knight Bus set. I'll still get it, but even a re-release of the original gray dog would have been preferred over nothing.

From last year's sets I have the Hogwarts Express, Hagrid's Hut, and The Burrow. Prior to that I never was exactly interested in the HP sets (plus they were out I guess you could say during my time away from Lego; though the one I think that I wish I could get from previous runs would be the Shrieking Shack). Without counting Diagon Alley, these 3 new sets (5 if you count the new impulse ones), there isn't anything that is tempting me to buy; maybe except for the Knight Bus only because I never got it when they made the first version. I guess that's a good thing since there's other stuff this year I've been wanting to get from other themes.

Edited by Canada_7

I think these new sets are very cool! I have never owned a Knight bus so i´m glad LEGO did one more! :laugh:

I hope these sets are not the finish for the Potter line.

The promos look interesting, except that they all only have Harry, I'm going to have enough soon to do two full seven Potters scenes. But that's to be expected from the closed minded producers of toys, to them all minor characters are incapable of selling products. Anyway, the sets do seem like a nice piece assortment, it could include some nicer pieces, but these should fit in quite well with the existing sets.

The sets are nice, but nothing spectecular. Consering the seven potters scene, I collected nearly every set of the harry potter theme they produced yet. I would wish for a few less harrys because my harry army could totally win the clone wars against the Republic and the CIS at once!

Edited by Kyp

Does anyone knows when are this promotional sets gonna be available and if its release is going to be worldwide?

As I said above:

I linked to them above for the first time. If you can't see when or where they'll be available, none of us can.

Amazon UK have all three of the new Harry Potter sets available foe pre-order with an expected shipping date of 15th June 2011, the prices are as follows :classic: :

4865 Forbidden Forest £10.49

4866 Knight Bus £35.99

4867 Battle of Hogwarts £49.99

~buddy~

Amazon UK have all three of the new Harry Potter sets available foe pre-order with an expected shipping date of 15th June 2011, the prices are as follows :classic: :

4866 Knight Bus £35.99

~buddy~

Thanks. Those seem quite fair, but I'll only be able to get the Forbidden Forest.

4866 Knight Bus £35.99

~buddy~

Thanks buddy, but does anyone else think the sets are too expensive in the UK compared to the US? According to brickipedia (I know it isn't the most reliable source) the knight bus will cost $34.99 so, according to the current exchange rate, it should be £21.36 in the UK. Why then is it £35.99? It's a similar story with the other sets too. Any ideas?

Thanks buddy, but does anyone else think the sets are too expensive in the UK compared to the US? According to brickipedia (I know it isn't the most reliable source) the knight bus will cost $34.99 so, according to the current exchange rate, it should be £21.36 in the UK. Why then is it £35.99? It's a similar story with the other sets too. Any ideas?

LEGO never goes by exchange rates. There are a lot more factors that determine the prices of sets than just current rates. It may be unfair sometimes, but sometimes certain countries get exclusives, so it can balance out.

If you need to get them cheaper, wait a little while and use Bricklink, then the exchange rate matters. :classic:

cannot wait for June and July!

thanks to MuggleCast, I see why they put Harry in his uniform in the Battle

Spoiler alert! I don't want to hear anything about the new movie.

Spoiler alert! I don't want to hear anything about the new movie.

thats why i didnt say anything beyond that

Could you possibly post a link to where you found that out? I went on the website, but I can't find anything.