commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

You can actually walk outside of Hogwarts, you can walk to Hogsmeade Station, you can get the Hogwarts Express, go to King's Cross, explore King's Cross, go out into London, wander around London.

YES!! :laugh:

I was just wondering, was there lots of information about Diagon Alley set before it came out because it was an exclusive or did it just come out of no-where??

I was just wondering, was there lots of information about Diagon Alley set before it came out because it was an exclusive or did it just come out of no-where??

It was announced officially by LEGO at about this time last year, October 1st I believe.

:classic:

It was announced officially by LEGO at about this time last year, October 1st I believe.

:classic:

Correct! We didn't hear anything official, but I know a few people in this thread had mentioned that were was going to be a upcoming super-set a month or so before we found anything else out.

Correct! We didn't hear anything official, but I know a few people in this thread had mentioned that were was going to be a upcoming super-set a month or so before we found anything else out.

Ok thanks :classic: I wonder if there will be another set?? All the new minifigures seem to make me think so but......

I'm ashamed to admit that i thought Harry potter sets had been discontinued, however the new designs of sirius and tonks look really promising. Also, there hhave been a few instances of new pieces released in the minifigures series and the graduate's cap looks as though it may have been included with Slughorn in mind. I've got my fingers crossed for a new wave, here's hoping for kingsley shacklebolt, tonks and slughorn!

Me too! I'd love to have all the characters of Harry Potter in Lego form.

I've been thinking, since they've had to design all the characters and sets for the Years 5-7 game anyway, wouldn't they want to use these designs for more Lego sets as well? I'm also hoping that they re-release some of the other older sets as well such as the Shrieking Shack and Harry and the Hungarian Horntail.

My kids are now getting to the age of reading the Harry Potter books for themselves and I think they have seen all the films.

Ive been buying them the more interesting sets from this year and Im fully considering Diagon Alley for Christmas for them(and the one who'll need to help).

From the start of the Harry Potter line are the only house pupils you get from either Gryffindor or slytherin?

Bought the quidditch set for them 2 weeks ago and they have Hogwarts but I cant remember if any of the other two houses are represented in lego form.

LOL at the above video ^^^ :laugh:

I'm just wondering where would you find Tonks, Kingsley, Sirius and Slughorn all in one place?? (probably without Sirius/Slughorn) theres only one place I can think off- THE MINISTRY :cry_happy:

My kids are now getting to the age of reading the Harry Potter books for themselves and I think they have seen all the films.

Ive been buying them the more interesting sets from this year and Im fully considering Diagon Alley for Christmas for them(and the one who'll need to help).

From the start of the Harry Potter line are the only house pupils you get from either Gryffindor or slytherin?

Bought the quidditch set for them 2 weeks ago and they have Hogwarts but I cant remember if any of the other two houses are represented in lego form.

The only non gryffindor or slytherin pupil released is Luna lovegood (Ravenclaw) However, they have never released minifigures with robes from ravenclaw or hufflepuff.

That's an awesome ad! :laugh:

What other significant characters from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff could be made into minifigures? I can't think of any. :sceptic:

Edited by Parrothead Rasmus

That's an awesome ad! :laugh:

What other significant characters from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff could be made into minifigures? I can't think of any. :sceptic:

Well cho and cedric are the only ones fans of the movies would know, unless they have read the books.

Surprising they've never done a Cedric one and the only yule ball related set they've done is the Harry figure free with the DK book(I think...)so hence no Cho.

I dont know if Harry Potter line is on a hiatus but I think it'll be back, the whole brand is too big just too fizle out. The studio tour opens next year, the attraction in the US opens, Pottermore and at some point JK ill release the encyclopedia she alaways spoke about.

Lego will bring it back when WB feels the time is right, bit like Batman and co.

Surprising they've never done a Cedric one and the only yule ball related set they've done is the Harry figure free with the DK book(I think...)so hence no Cho.

I dont know if Harry Potter line is on a hiatus but I think it'll be back, the whole brand is too big just too fizle out. The studio tour opens next year, the attraction in the US opens, Pottermore and at some point JK ill release the encyclopedia she alaways spoke about.

Lego will bring it back when WB feels the time is right, bit like Batman and co.

Hopefully. The only thing that I think people are overlooking is that Marvel/DC has a lot going for it currently. Avengers film and DC stuff is coming through now, HP doesn't really have much left. Pottermore has been a massive failure (in my opinion, because I'm a beta tester :sadnew: ), the films are going into the Warner Brothers vault and the studio tour isn't something everyone will go to. The only thing which really would've been ideal was to follow last years idea of releasing more sets during a film period or game release. Trust me I'd love more sets but it just doesn't seem logical for them to have missed such a massive gap/opportunity, there hasn't really been any proper merchandise for children in the form of Harry Potter figures (well there is but they're terrible) and so lego really needed to fill that market.

Sucha shame but like everyone is saying, the new designs on the game possibly suggest something :grin:

I just want to see some pictures of the Battle of Hogwarts in Years 5-7 :laugh:

Well cho and cedric are the only ones fans of the movies would know, unless they have read the books.

DUH. I'm an idiot. :hmpf:

They could release some new add ons... a new Owlry (sp?) could have Cho.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but 30111 "The Lab" polybag set is now available in the U.S. at Target stores. I picked one up yesterday in the Christmas section. Happy hunting!

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but 30111 "The Lab" polybag set is now available in the U.S. at Target stores. I picked one up yesterday in the Christmas section. Happy hunting!

Darn it! I've been waiting to hear where this would be available, and I was just at Target yesterday but I didn't go into the Christmas section! Figures.

Edited by Legomaster34

Out of interest, what does such a set cost in the US?

I got it in the UK Sun promotion and it was excellent for a freebie with a 30p paper. Hate not having a lego store near me as the polybag sets are brilliant, especially as you don't get the impulse sets that were around when I was young.

Out of interest, what does such a set cost in the US?

I got it in the UK Sun promotion and it was excellent for a freebie with a 30p paper.

It was priced at $3.99 at Target. Most polybag sets range from $3.50 to $5.00, depending on the store and the set (i.e. licensed vs. unlicensed themes). But I agree, it would be a great bargain to get these sets for free in promotions.

It was priced at $3.99 at Target. Most polybag sets range from $3.50 to $5.00, depending on the store and the set (i.e. licensed vs. unlicensed themes). But I agree, it would be a great bargain to get these sets for free in promotions.

maybe if you buy Years 5-7 at Target, they will give you the polybag for free

they gave away the smallest PoC when the PoC game was released

went to my Target and they didn't have their Christmas stuff out yet, waiting to clear out their Halloween stuff