Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

OK Petrol Station (automated type)

Uncle I say, so my recent Danish style isn't Danish enough to a few.....well, feast your eyes on this.

ok_fuel_station_98.jpgok_fuel_station_99.jpg

More to come....keep watching....again thanks to 'Iaka' and 'BrickSindito' for your help, I'm very grateful. :classic:

Comments welcome.....oh, you need to see the real one...link time.

The real OK fuel/petrol station.

Just move down the road passed that green truck and you'll see the real station I'm basing this one on. :classic:

I'll be merging the post office into the minimart and it will look Danish. :wink:

Brilliant! It's funny to see, how an Australian is interpreting a Danish village :classic:

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

And it's really a good idea to use streetview to get inspiration about places, you never knew, you never knew :wink:

Edited by laka

Brilliant! It's funny to see, how an Australian is interpreting a Danish village :classic:

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

And it's really a good idea to use streetview to get inspiration about places, you never knew, you never knew :wink:

Thanks 'Iaka' for your kind words and yes, I will be asking questions along the way....interiors will be a problem, you know I'm good at Aussie stuff inside and out, but not so will Danish....so if I make any boo-boo's say so please.

Keep watching ! :classic:

Quick edit - found a picture finally of something similar.....

054.JPG

Edited by lightningtiger

Aww, I thought this posted example (the pillar) was just about the perfect example to flex one's SNOT muscle

SNOT.png

Edited by wooootles

Thanks 'LT12V' and 'wooootles' for your comments, etc., sorry 'wooootles' my money couldn't stretch that far so a stickering job had to do.....but I think I did OK at it.....sorry for the pun ! :laugh:

Quick edit - Where this tankstation will live.

Edited by lightningtiger

Yeah I suppose I can understand those 1x1 SNOT bricks and 2x4 tiles are still rare and expensive...

Yes, the 1x1 SNOT bricks are dearer than the 2x4 tiles, but I though about your idea as I was actually designing the tankstation.....but scale.....your's would be fine for miniland, but not minifig scale. :wink:

Edit - later today a fresh update post with extra images....added vent pipes and I'll try to include a vehicle with someone filling up. :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

Here it is with vent pipes.....but should I install an air and water dispenser ?

cool_ok_tankstation_with_post_box_and_pay_phone_96.jpg

Comments and any suggestions feel free to say. :classic:

You're right LT!

I like that girl ...and it would be great have that torso sticker! :sweet:

Now I'm sure ...this station is really OK! :devil::laugh:

Thanks 'LT12V', that torso is one of my custom's....template I used was found in the customization section of our beloved EB. :sweet:

I might make a few more girls and do a photo shoot to make posters/banners like those found at OK tankstations. :wink:

You really captured the scene. I will have to use this as inspiration when I build a petrol station. Keep up the Danish love affair.

You really captured the scene. I will have to use this as inspiration when I build a petrol station. Keep up the Danish love affair.

Thanks 'KeepLeft', I'll be working on more torso's for that young lady there....she works actually at the Dagli'Brusgen....man, if I keep this up I might learn a second language ! :laugh:

Hopefully I'll have the banners done in a few days. :classic:

Until further notice this will be the last photo update for this part of my Danish village.

Hopefully, I have better close up images of the finer details in these photos....again shot in the great outdoors. :classic:

cool_ok_tankstation_with_post_box_and_pay_phone_92.jpgcool_ok_tankstation_with_post_box_and_pay_phone_93.jpgcool_ok_tankstation_with_post_box_and_pay_phone_94.jpgcool_ok_tankstation_with_post_box_and_pay_phone_95.jpg

Comments welcome as usual, now back on to working on the supermarket with it's upstairs flat. :wink:

Looks great. You really hit the look of the place :)

I know it's old photos, but the price per liter is a abit higher these days :D