Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

I've finished my moc. I'm really proud of it! I won't post it until the round two comp is done. It's pointless to post a moc during a contest. I don't think I'm going to make an embassy. It's pointless to enter if your not going to win. I'm not in good with any of the judges. They have never commented on a single moc I ever made. I don't like to waste time. I don't really think

The judges are good at honest judging. Bigger is alway's better!

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

I've finished my moc. I'm really proud of it! I won't post it until the round two comp is done. It's pointless to post a moc during a contest. I don't think I'm going to make an embassy. It's pointless to enter if your not going to win. I'm not in good with any of the judges. They have never commented on a single moc I ever made. I don't like to waste time. I don't really think

That's a bit harsh, I have commented on mostly all your builds and picked your tower as one of the top 5 in the last challenge. I can't speak for the other judges however, but I know that there are lots of mocs that fill this forum and they find it hard to find the time to comment on everything.

A. There were a number of small entries in the top 5 from each guild for the top 5, including yours. Bigger can mean better, because there are multiple floors instead of 1, or there is room for a large interior, or you can just fit more "stuff" in a larger MOC, but that has not been the governing criteria thus far.

B. The point of the Guilds is to give people a chance to showcase their MOCs, and become better builders. Yes, it is nice to win and say "Mine is the Best" but there's no 1 builder on here that can win every challenge, and there's always going to be a better builder, or someone with more pieces.

C. Having only had 1 contest so far, it's pretty hard to start accusing judges of favoritism. If we got 3 or 4 contests in, and the same 3 or 4 people kept making it in the top 5, then I could see some grounds for it, but I personally have seen no evidence of it thus far.

D. Derfel has indeed commented on your first 2 MOCs. I think that activity on the forum has been relatively light since Christmas, but hopefully that will pick up soon, and then there will be more comments.

O M G. You did have one of the top 5 watchtowers.

I also initially didn't prefer the watchtower winner, but if you go back and view Gabe's tower it had a very well built interior and many play features all the other MOCs lacked. We had a tower with similar features to Gabe's that I though should have been in the top 5. That tower was rogueang's. I think after seeing it again, DC thought so as well. Because of that DC thought he would go to a voting system on the embassies to avoid these types of feelings and because it is always possible for someone to get overlooked. Rogueang handled himself perfectly throughout and made a GREAT embassy entry as a follow-up.

I had seen some positive strides from you on the forum. I witnessed you making good, constructive comments to other builder’s works and I thought that was great. That is how you get somewhere, that is how you make friends, that is how you get recognized. DC even gave you a few titles to recognize your good works.

But then you go and make it all about you. This is not this first time you have acted like this on the forum. You seem to have an issue with not feeling validated. I will tell you I think you are a good MOCer, but if you can’t take any critiques or just want everyone to kiss your butt every time you build a MOC, then you are not using the forum for its intended purpose.

If you think there are fairness issues, and there is some club you are not in, then tell the history MODs and Admins or private message DC with your concerns. Just stop being a MEGABLOCKHEAD about it here.

Hmmmm...it is indeed very difficult to build such a great MOC that's worth winning, i think of my embassy one of the best builds i ever did but not as good as some of the other builders, but in my case that's only a matter of brick count, i consider Beerbeard one of the better builders on the forum, but hey....it's just for fun...(although i'd like to win sometimes....).

For me i want to know how other people think of my MOC's and it's all about showcasing and getting better and better even with the limited brick count (i don't want to tear apart the Prinses Nikki).

Well....I'm a conformist! and stop nitting... :tongue:

Bigger is better! But in any case, the Drow are going to enslave you and your party just for fun ;)

And then we are going to put you to work in mines of Kirithirn, but we will not guard you - it is pointless to try to escape, if you are not 100% sure you are going to make it, right?:)

On other hand, maybe I am commenting on your thread not because I think your moc is great, but because I need more posts in my post count (girls dig this;))

...and the other way around ;)

The Drow IQ is pretty high (and we are beautiful people to, and modest to the core), anyway, the Drow IQ is pretty high, so I do not know if you get what we were trying to tell you ;)

(in surcacers words: who cares about you guild leader, he was just once master builder, he is a fancy-panties who wears green tights (!?!:)) and plays with bow in the forest, and all his buildings are the same, just different shape and style :), for example, OUR watchtower was the greatest of all by far, and it did not win (that because nobody likes the Drow:), BUT, we still build, getting better all the time, and one time we will win, and later, we WILL rule the world.

It's a fine, simple plane - rule the world, and in a mean time, enjoy building ;)

If we were to build for DC, everything would be greeen and happy with lots of strings, cows and round plates :Ppp

:)

On other hand, maybe I am commenting on your thread not because I think your moc is great, but because I need more posts in my post count (girls dig this;))

The Drow IQ is pretty high (and we are beautiful people to, and modest to the core), anyway, the Drow IQ is pretty high, so I do not know if you get what we were trying to tell you ;)

Ahahahaha!! Well said, Angeli! You are very funny. :laugh:

Bottom line, GoH is supposed to be fun. If you aren't having fun, don't participate. But please, let the rest of us enjoy it without the complaining. :sceptic:

That's a bit harsh, I have commented on mostly all your builds and picked your tower as one of the top 5 in the last challenge. I can't speak for the other judges however, but I know that there are lots of mocs that fill this forum and they find it hard to find the time to comment on everything.

Why weren't all twenty towers in a seperate topic? Why weren't the categories for judging and the reasons why the towers scored the way they were posted? I thought the whole point of this is to increase our building skill's? Why did we not get any feedback? How are we supposed to improve? We weren't told what we need to imrpove. I think that's pretty shady. I wasn't including you into my rant, Derfel. I just have a gut feeling the odds are stacked against Avalonia. We'll see after round two.

Angeli, Antyrian forces are preparing to march against drow. :tongue: :tongue:

Can I have an opinion without everyone ganging up on me?

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

Angeli, Antyrian forces are preparing to march against drow. :tongue: :tongue:

Can I have an opinion without everyone ganging up on me?

nope, my character is evil, Drow are going to gang on you even do if you do nothing ;)

We just like enslaving Avalonians, and we especially don't like elves among them ;)

nope, my character is evil, Drow are going to gang on you even do if you do nothing ;)

We just like enslaving Avalonians, and we especially don't like elves among them ;)

I hope you realize that Illithid wizards enslave drow. Just saying. default_devg1.gif

I hope you realize that Illithid wizards enslave drow. Just saying. default_devg1.gif

Ancient history

And even then it was a maneuver by the Drow, part of a larger plan :)

O M G. You did have one of the top 5 watchtowers.

I also initially didn't prefer the watchtower winner, but if you go back and view Gabe's tower it had a very well built interior and many play features all the other MOCs lacked. We had a tower with similar features to Gabe's that I though should have been in the top 5. That tower was rogueang's. I think after seeing it again, DC thought so as well. Because of that DC thought he would go to a voting system on the embassies to avoid these types of feelings and because it is always possible for someone to get overlooked. Rogueang handled himself perfectly throughout and made a GREAT embassy entry as a follow-up.

I had seen some positive strides from you on the forum. I witnessed you making good, constructive comments to other builder’s works and I thought that was great. That is how you get somewhere, that is how you make friends, that is how you get recognized. DC even gave you a few titles to recognize your good works.

But then you go and make it all about you. This is not this first time you have acted like this on the forum. You seem to have an issue with not feeling validated. I will tell you I think you are a good MOCer, but if you can’t take any critiques or just want everyone to kiss your butt every time you build a MOC, then you are not using the forum for its intended purpose.

If you think there are fairness issues, and there is some club you are not in, then tell the history MODs and Admins or private message DC with your concerns. Just stop being a MEGABLOCKHEAD about it here.

I think rogueang should have won. That's one crazy reply you typed there. I don't know how to reply back to this attack without attacking you back. I just won't enter in the contest, that way I won't have a problem. I'm glad you let me know what you really think of me. It feel's good being honest, dosen't it? :pir-oh:

I'm submitting this for the title of "High King of the Elves". I'll post a topic for it when I can get better pics.

0anenchanted0_copy.jpg

I'm submitting this for the title of "High King of the Elves". I'll post a topic for it when I can get better pics.

That right there is fantastic. The wayer looks geat, the rocks look great, the abundance of flowers throughout your builds adds a nice continuity, and the tree is fantastic. You have nothing to worry about if you enter contests.

Bigger is better! But in any case, the Drow are going to enslave you and your party just for fun ;)

And then we are going to put you to work in mines of Kirithirn, but we will not guard you - it is pointless to try to escape, if you are not 100% sure you are going to make it, right?:)

...and the other way around ;)

(in surcacers words: who cares about you guild leader, he was just once master builder, he is a fancy-panties who wears green tights (!?!:)) and plays with bow in the forest, and all his buildings are the same, just different shape and style :), for example, OUR watchtower was the greatest of all by far, and it did not win (that because nobody likes the Drow:), BUT, we still build, getting better all the time, and one time we will win, and later, we WILL rule the world.

It's a fine, simple plane - rule the world, and in a mean time, enjoy building ;)

If we were to build for DC, everything would be greeen and happy with lots of strings, cows and round plates :Ppp

:)

Maybe I should invest in a load of red and black bricks and show you how to build a propper Drow structure? :tongue::laugh:

Thankyou, challenge accepted, you want different, your gonna get it :devil:

Guildsmen!!!! Im sure you have all noticed that since day one, our guild has always been the one that seems to be picked on, some people have seemed to have 'had it in' for our guild since the start. Why? is it because we had the largest guild? the most active? the guild that hit the ground running and set the standard for how to get on and build up their land? Who knows, but its amusing :laugh:

When the guilds started, there were a lot of new builders who joined this guild that I didn't know or hadn't even built much before. These people have turned into IMO some of the best up and coming castle builders on this forum. Everyone in this guild has proven that they are capable of producing high quality mocs that can compete with the best of the other guilds. A whole list of excellent free builds and entrys stand as testimony to that, and yes, I do include you in that group of people Captain Beerbeard! :thumbup:

Im really impressed with all the Embassy builds I have seen from you guys so far :thumbup: with some great original ideas. I am certain that we will do well in the Embassy challenge and close the gap on Mitgardia.

Don't worry about the Drow and their comments, its pretty obvious they wish they were part of Avalonia, its quite flattering really. You have all constantly been churning out excellent mocs and in terms of quantity of quality mocs, we are well out in front! Lets keep this up. The better we get, the more digs and comments we recieve from other guilds, so lets keep them running scared!

Im very proud to have you all as guildsmen!!

First thing we are going to do when we conquer Avalonia is ban the usage of speech ;)

and the use of green tights (hulahoops) on men! :)

...and all the elves will have to go.

And all the trees, We hate trees.

And yup, we will add a little red & black to the scenery ;) A castle there, a temple here, sacrifice altars here and there, perfect! :)

And your green lord will be displayed in main hall of Rilauven, as a warning to other guilds, not to mess up with Drow!

Drow rule supreme!

(btw, I would LOVE to see your structure of Drow, the ideas, construction, atmosphere and, on the other hand, maybe not, because it would rise the standards high, and for now, I have no competition, and what ever I build, it is good enough :)

In any case, you will be punished for your insolate words! We think that this is enough for war! We now have proof that you've sent your soldiers to the gladiator games inside your war golem, and an excuse for retaliation!

6799144143_0945d1a644.jpg

wargolem2.jpg

(pictures thanks to rogueang and his brilliance:)

They say they are the maintenance team, and those weapons are for personal protection! It can not be! We know that they stolen our ice axe. They are elves, after all, and all elves lie, everybody knows that :)

I'm going to make a moc of the drow getting crushed. My son is going to have to make some mismatched, mixed up figs with glowing nose cone heads to represent drow because I just can't butcher my figure's like that. Don't worry Angeli, I'll use a black light so the drow look like they're at a rave. :tongue: I don't know if I have enough Atlantis guys for your army.

Don't worry Angeli, I'll use a black light so the drow look like they're at a rave. :tongue:

Heehee- Drow RAVE supreme!

I think rogueang should have won. That's one crazy reply you typed there. I don't know how to reply back to this attack without attacking you back. I just won't enter in the contest, that way I won't have a problem. I'm glad you let me know what you really think of me. It feel's good being honest, dosen't it? :pir-oh:

0anenchanted0_copy.jpg

And I was begining to think you were under a spell or curse from the Drow or other evil creatures but it is good to see your builds again.

love the bridge and your trees are great. I also like the carriage a lot. Can't wait to see some more photos.

Heehee- Drow RAVE supreme!

:laugh: Nice. I think the Drow are starting to step out of place again, we will have to bury them back in Nocturnia! But if the Drow would like to open up one of their Raves in our city then it would be great entertainment for us Avalonians.

@Angeli, I will leave the Drow mocs to you, you have created a great niche for yourself with a nice original style :thumbup:

WOW! What has been going on lately. Ha,ha,ha. Well, We've had some magnificent MOC's lately and Captain B's is no exception. As for the Drow. They will countinue to say that they are the best, but, undoubtedly, they will fall. Someone can have a lot of red bricks and stack them together but making something good takes skill.:)

I have a new build for the Lord High Chief of Agriculture. It is a small Kydenonian Farming Village.

6832200409_ff2732663e_z.jpg

Kydenon Farming Village by K.Kreations, on Flickr

I'll be making a topic for it soon.

Hello,

finally I got time to start with my Embassy and will finish it at the weekend. Here is a shot from the state at the moment.

There will follow 3 or for towers, one storage building and a weapon chamber.

The location of the embassy is close to Barqa in the Badlands.

avalonia_embassy_01.jpg

Excellent builds guys! I have a day off work tomorrow so I can finally get round to updating everything, I keep saying I will buy something always comes up.

In response to the question below, Technically Drow are Elves, but they never refer to themselves as such, nor would we Elves.They are a subrace of less than elves.

Edited by rogueang