Sirens-of-Titan

Mitgardia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Hrolf Finehair reporting in to serve the guild. Me and my fellow adventurers just returned from a rather long journey, only to find that the realm is getting eerily close to open warfare. We needed little time to decide that should it come to that; we would defend our towns, our families and the land we love. We are of little use as soldiers in a regular army, but will surely prove invaluable when it comes to scouting and raiding camps. For the time being, we intend to continue travelling in our border regions to keep a watchful eye out.

For Mitgardia!

Hrolf Finehair

6401332321_4095cfb707.jpg

Edited by TomTheTruckdriver

Hail!

Thought I'd have a little stab at the Economic Mini Challenge:

The Walrus Hunt

Native Mitgardians have hunted the sea ice flows off the north coast of Mitgardia for generations. The pelts and tusks are sold on to traders such as the Worlds End Caravan Co. who transport them on to foreign markets in Avelonia, Kaliphlin and on occasion Nocturnus where they command a fine price as luxury items.

6401922619_7522a32372.jpg

My Flikr

Hvar Icewind

For Mitgardia!

Here's an update to my Dwarven Tower.

The terrain was going to be a simple snow covered hill but has now gotten more complicated and time consuming.

I'll update again before the deadline.

For Mitgardia!

Great builds and figures coming from Mitgardians!

Viceroy: I'm happy to see the first mini challenge entree; it's very unique and innovative! I hope all members participate in at least one of these categories, as they are mini builds and are quite fast to build, and it helps us establish the feel of the Guild! (Also don't forget titles :wink:)

FatTony: Great to see the dwarf tower progressing! It's quite an innovative and true-to-form dwarven design! :wink:

TomTheTruckdriver: Welcome to the Guild, your men look fierce and ready for battle!

Let's get building and see some more excellent MOC's! :thumbup:

I certainly am working on some more ideas, (and a black roof for my tower :wink: )just gotta get those bricks from bap!!

I certainly am working on some more ideas, (and a black roof for my tower :wink: )just gotta get those bricks from bap!!

I'm also having a few ideas :classic: When is the deadline? Is it also 15dec?

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Hail fellow Guildmembers.

The Worlds End Caravan Company have been busy constructing a tower to help guard the road to Valholl through the southern mountains. Unfortunately I have to use my phone for pictures for the next two weeks so the quality isnt the best. I'd say this is 90% complete so suggestions for a final flourish are welcome.

6420812563_1eec7e31eb_b.jpg

Hvar Icewind

For Mitgardia!

Edited by Viceroy

Lovely tower Viceroy! I like the way you've added so many other details - you've done well with the 32x32 space.

Hope to see more from you.

Greetings from the South!

I would place the deadline at Dec 15, yes, same as the watchtower challenge. :thumbup:

@Viceroy: That is a beautiful and very detailed creation, well done sir!! :grin: I especially like the layout, snow effects, minifigures and overall balance of the piece! I would imagine the girl in the water is quite cold though... :look:

A grand display, and a wonderful addition to the Mitgardian Legacy, we'll have to make you a titled member for all of your efforts... :wink:

Hello all! I would like to join the guild of Mitgardia. I will post information and pictures on the stuff that I am making at the moment; coming soon!

edit: double post

Edited by Alex the Great

I present my entry for round one of the guild challenges! Enjoy! :classic:

"Welcome to Mitgardia"

6422807657_27c6d53b1c.jpg

This watch tower is located very near Mitgardia's border. It protects a well known mountain path into the northern guild's territory.

now, how are we possibly going to choose 5 towers for entry? All of these Mitgardian are simply way too great, great job there viceroy and busboy!!

Taking a break at a small cave in the ridge along a small but often used path. It's been here for many years, most likely carved out by early travelers looking for shelter from the harsh weather in the area. Someone has even been kind enough to fell a tree and make a pair of crude benches outside. It may just be a relatively small route, but that makes it useful for infiltration. If there is time, we will build a simple watchtower on top of the ridge and bring volunteers from a nearby village in to serve as guards. Right now, there's too much fog to do the building. We will wait a few days to see if it clears up.

6405538707_18ea5e6c99.jpg

6405537213_1e934072c1.jpg

(( Woop, first MOC posted. Hopefully I can find the time to make part two with a tower on top ))

Edited by TomTheTruckdriver

@ S-O-T : Thanks for the positive feedback on both my MOCs. I would be honored to accept any title you choose to bestow upon me! :classic: The girl is able to have a little swim as the stream is a hot spring which allows all the greenery to grow so high up!

@ Basiliscus: Always nice to get comments from another guild. Thank you! I'm currently working on a MOC where my character travels to Kaliphlan on a trade mission so stay tuned.

@ Busboy489: That is a fantastic MOC, the snow, the river, the way the tower spans the chasm - all just great.

@ Kabel: Thanks and yes it could be quite a dilema but that can only be good for Mitgardia's chances!

@Tom The Truckdriver: Welcome aboard, a nice idea to start off with, I'm keen to see where this goes.

@ Busboy:

Well I expected you to build a phenomenal tower and you did not disappoint! Well done sir that build is a beauty! :wub: Such an original layout, color choices, techniques, the river below, I could go all day! :grin:

Guildsmen we are slowly but surely outputting some of the best MOC's on the site! Well done, and I can't wait until I see all the rest of our fellow Mitgardians post their efforts! :wink:

I will give out titles after the Dec. 15th deadline just so that all who want to build for the mini challenges have the time they need to complete their works without worrying about others beating them to it.

Long Live Mighty Mitgardia!

Hello all! I am Nielhs Ericson, Thane of Mitgardia. I swear my allegiance to protecting Mitgarida, it's leader, and our people!

I'm a noble and wealthy businessman, and I hope to keep the trade running smoothly through our guild. I also command a large army, which I will use to build up and protect our defenses.

061.jpg

Long live Mitgardia!

Hi my guild :)

I'm just checking in, nothing new to post yet but I am working on a tower. I have not decided which mini to build but will get onto one of them at least.

The towers so far are just amazing. I hope my effort can hold water.

My lord Jarl Nibelung, I bring news from the deep parts of the mountains. My elf friend Aryana and I were traveling through the hills when we came across an old abandoned tower. Here is the report:

img_3575.jpg

img_3576.jpg

img_3577.jpg

img_3578.jpg

img_3579.jpg

img_3580.jpg

img_3581.jpg

img_3582.jpg

The economy of Helgestorp part 1: Thoralf, the rafter

as has been said before, the men of Helgestorp mostly work as carpenters and are splitting trunks in order to build, houses, towers, castles etc. The trees for theses very skilled craftsman are usually cut in an old oak forest a little upstream from the village. Thoralf enjoys putting the logs together and taking them down to Helgestorp ...

sscn0295.jpg

sscn0297.jpg

sscn0296.jpg

more to come ...

My lord Jarl Nibelung, I bring news from the deep parts of the mountains. My elf friend Aryana and I were traveling through the hills when we came across an old abandoned tower. Here is the report:

(snip)

Wow, they sure don't look dressed for the cold! :laugh: Lovely abandoned tower, nice use of that baseplate.

Greetings from the South

Wow, they sure don't look dressed for the cold! :laugh: Lovely abandoned tower, nice use of that baseplate.

Greetings from the South

Thank you, Whail Musca. Your compliments are most appreciated.

Wiol du Mitgardian lif!