Hrw-Amen

MOC: Guards Van

Brickshelf Galleryguards_van_g.jpgguards_van_e.jpgguards_van_c.jpgguards_van_a.jpgI decided to make my own as I have seen quite a few recently and did not have one.

I went for the normal standard one I remember from when I was a child that they used around where I live. (They actually use a brown one as well but I did not have enough brown bricks.)

Anyway, here are a some pictures and a link to the Brickshelf gallery.

Nice guards van 'Hrw-Amen', though something is wrong with the photography...colour issue perhaps lighting is the problem. :wink:

In any case it's a good design, nicely detailed on the inside. :wink:

Nice guards van 'Hrw-Amen', though something is wrong with the photography...colour issue perhaps lighting is the problem. :wink:

In any case it's a good design, nicely detailed on the inside. :wink:

I am not very good with photography. I don't know why? I follow as much as I can the instructions but for some reason I just do not seem to be able to get good photographs of my models, whether LEGO or otherwise. I actually thought these were better as I set them all up with a white background and everything.

Sorry about that, maybe next time they will work out, but I somehow doubt it. I think I just have to accept that whatever I do I am going to be rubbish at it.

Looks great....

Could I ask way you tiled the entire floor? I like mostly stud-less exteriors but prefer to have a floor that my MFs will snap on to so that they will stay in place as the train moves, starts, stops and corners...

That is a really nice Guard Van... IIRC, they're the European/British equivalent of a Caboose and are also called Brake Vans...

Anyways, nice, very detailed interior, but I agree with Kyphur on the tiled floor bit, but that's just a personal preference.

Looks great....

Could I ask way you tiled the entire floor? I like mostly stud-less exteriors but prefer to have a floor that my MFs will snap on to so that they will stay in place as the train moves, starts, stops and corners...

I like things to be as studless as possible, so that it looks more real. I have put a grab rail on the inside which the minifig is holding onto so he does not fall over. I know it is down to choice and some people like studs, but generally I do not.

Having said that in my building MOCS where I have put the pavements I have left rows of studs every so often whilst being mostly tiled for that exact reason, so that I can put some mini-figs on and they won't fall over. Also inside were most of the floor is tiled behind shop counters etc I have left just one stud so the cashier mini-fig can stand there without falling over and so on.

With the trains the minifigs will sit on seats in the passenger coaches that are studded so there is not much need.