lightningtiger

Town Plan Style Buildings

I'm still working on New Mannum, but restoring my 2008 Town Plan set thanks to my son totalling it.....I thought would it be nice to see more buildings like the three in the set so....

0000_1_town_plan_octan_car_dealer_99.jpg

This is still a work in progess and can you guess what it might be ?

Keep watching ! :wink:

Now does this help to guess what it is ? :wink:

0000_1_town_plan_octan_car_dealer_97.jpg

A tall sign to be attached to the front section will be designed, more to come ! :wink:

Looks good, LT...

I didn't know Octan owned car dealerships... :sweet:

Thanks 'HighFlyer' and 'medib' for your comments and now an update......

0000_1_town_plan_octan_car_dealer_96.jpg

Comments welcome and keep watching......more to come ! :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

Wow, very cool sign! Even though the colour scheme isn't exactly your creation, I love it so much! :classic:

Red was the perfect colour for the sign :thumbup:

Wow, very cool sign! Even though the colour scheme isn't exactly your creation, I love it so much! :classic:

Red was the perfect colour for the sign :thumbup:

Thanks 'HighFlyer', I have to find a Lego sticker to go on the sign....you see all these TP designs of mine will be genuine ALL Lego parts and stickers - no customs at all except copies of stickers if lost or damaged (thank's Zac my son :hmpf_bad::laugh: ).

Keep watching as this town grows. :classic:

I have started work on the diner, here is a tease shot..... :grin:

0000_1_town_plan_red_trim_diner_99.jpg

The wing piece that the clock face is mounted on will be changed to red tomorrow, plus work on the upper exterior and of course a front door ! :blush:

Comments welcome and keep on watching ! :grin:

Quick edit - Coke dispenser I used for inspiration.

original-1930s-coca-cola-drug-store-soda-dispenser_330552645447.jpg

Edited by lightningtiger

Thanks 'HighFlyer' for your kind words, exterior of diner today, plus a start on the barber's shop and hardware store...custom Mr.C ! :wink:

Keep watching as always. :wink:

Fresh pictures time....

0000_1_town_plan_red_trim_barber_shop_99.jpg

Still some work to be done of course. :wink:

Oh, I changed the backing to the clock in the diner.

0000_1_town_plan_red_trim_diner_98.jpg

More to come.....either a hardware store or a 5 & dime store....which would people want to see more ? :wink:

These are simply amazing! I love how much you are able to fit in such a small space. Plus, I know how hard it is to build something very small but yet capture the look perfectly in so few parts, but you have it down to a science! Keep up the great work.

Well Lightningtiger, i'm getting more and more interested in you designing and buildingskills... That coffee-corner and the chair... such simple but excellent design... To make this, you need an overview in your head of all parts available...! You're continuously upgrading yourself, i think!!! Your creations were always good, but now you are reaching a new, select group of people who makes such nice things!!!

Am i right or not vokes?

Nice work!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak (Netherlands)

(Tomorrow start of Legoworld 19-26 october 2011)

Thank you 'LegoSjaak' and 'meyerc13' for your very kind words, I'll be working on the diner/barber combo later tonight and hopefully start planning the 5 and dime store (it will be based on a F.W. Woolworth store from the 1950's). :classic:

Keep watching. :classic:

Quick edit.....the 5 and dime might look like this.....

lddscreenshot10.1.png

Edited by lightningtiger

Quick photo update....I have run out of components to complete the upper section though :blush: (hunt tomorrow though parts heaps), oh yeah and I need to score an Indian Chief to be a cigar stand plus a parts to make a mail box. :wink:

0000_1_town_plan_red_trim_barber_shop_plus_diner_99.jpg

Hopefully my figures look 50's like......keep watching ! :classic:

Looking good, I like the way you've selected the minifigures - some of the figures from MMV 10193 would be perfect for the 1950s.

Looking good, I like the way you've selected the minifigures - some of the figures from MMV 10193 would be perfect for the 1950s.

Thanks for the feedback 'HighFlyer', I have to change the gumball machine's design back to MkI version and hopefully start work on the upper section today....I'll have to look at roof designs today. :wink:

Sadly the five & dime store hasn't left the LDD drawing board yet, real soon it will ! :wink:

More later.....Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

Gumball machine done, light bluey rubbish bin too ! :wink:

0000_1_town_plan_red_trim_diner_96.jpg

More to come ! :grin:

Quick edit.....gee I need to order some parts ? :blush::laugh:

0000_1_town_plan_red_trim_barber_shop_plus_diner_98.jpg

Edited by lightningtiger

No more to the diner/barber shop yet....parts are the problem. :blush:

But I found my spare TP blue car and petrol tanker from the first set I got years ago and gave the car dealer a new look.

0000_1_town_plan_octan_car_dealer_94.jpg

Would you buy a car from this guy ? :laugh:

0000_1_town_plan_octan_car_dealer_95.jpg

More to come.....keep watching everyone ! :wink:

I love how you have built the windows sideways in the cafe. It really suits the type of building it is.

And the gumball machine is really cute... I might steal that idea :blush:

Thanks 'lorax' for your kind words, borrow what ideas you like....my favourite is the soda dispenser ! :classic:

I must find those parts tomorrow so I can finish it......I want to get a start on the five and dime store. :wink:

Brick On ! :classic:

I love that Indian cigar guy. I have the same Indian, I may do something similar. Also I happened to make a gumball machine yesterday as well, a very similar one. Great minds think alike I guess. I'm putting mine in my car dealership. I love your dealership too BTW. Someone here made note of the fact that its an "octan" dealership. When I was younger, before my dark ages, I had created many different lego car compaines and octan was actually one of them. It was meant to be like Chevrolet so I love that you've decided to do something similar. It'd be a great rival for the one I'm cooking up, which is meant to be my version of Ford. Great work so far though. Will you be doing the town hall?

WOW your retro 50's town is looking awsome. I also love the smoke shop indian, I love all your detailed decor in your shops! I was wondering what other buildings your gonna put? Maybe an old looking movie theater? Great job I look forward to your updates

Thanks for your replies 'bootz' and 'mattb483', well the Town Hall and Cinema was part of the Town Plan set....my son has lost some of the stickers for the cinema (they will have to be customised....done it before I have :laugh: ). Those two buildings are almost complete...only the figures, missing stickers, a plate on the movie house and flowers in the town hall flower bed will complete that.

Oh, the fountain has to be done as well....will be combined into a green area with a new street light I have made.

Keep watching......Brick On ! :classic:

(Oh, no one has answered the question.....would you buy a car from this guy ?' :laugh:

0000_1_town_plan_octan_car_dealer_95.jpg