Sign in to follow this  
Masked Builder

Heroica RPG - Quest#9: Trespassers

I attack the Dementor from the Front Row with my Longsword.

OOC: It's okay. I just don't quite understand why I'd be in the back row- and if I was, wouldn't the longsword do no damadge? I thought it was a front-row weapon only.

OOC: It's okay. I just don't quite understand why I'd be in the back row- and if I was, wouldn't the longsword do no damadge? I thought it was a front-row weapon only.

QM Note: You do half damage in the back row. :wink:

"Would this battle never end?" Bob wondered to himself as the Dementor once again failed to die. Letting out a cry of frustration, Bob moved in once more to polish off the foul beast.

"Bob will (yet again) attack Dementor from the back row! This time, Dementor will not survive!"

Results of round five of the battle with the Werewolf:

Namyrra vs. Dementor - Miss

Arasmyth vs. Dementor - Damage

Bob vs. Dementor - Critical Hit

Dyric vs. Dementor - Damage

Wanting to free her two petrified companions, Namyrra casts an Ice spell at the dementor but he pulls the groud-swallowing act again and escapes unscathed. Arasmyth, enraged because Namyrra's spell missed, swings his staff at the dementor but it floats casually out of the way but not before it causes Arasmyth 3 damage. Bob wishes to free his trapped companions as well so he swings his staff and with a lands a mighty blow to the dementor and causes 5 damage. Dyric also tries to land a critical hit but the dementor evades his sword and causes him 3 damage.

Enemies:

Dementor

Type: Demon

Level 6

Health: 10/50

Special: Petrified - The target is turned into solid rock, and becomes unable to take a turn until the battle is over or the effect is remedied.

Drops: Robe of Magi

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 7 Ranger (Party Leader)
*Petrified*

Power: 13 (+4 against beasts)

Health: 12/12

Gold: 23

Inventory: Hunters Crossbow (WP: 6 + 4 against beasts), Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 12 1/2 Mage
*Petrified*

Power: 17

Health: 12/16

Ether: 14/16

Gold: 268

Inventory: Dragoro (WP:3), Diamond imbued Dagger (Light elemental WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Lightning Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Grand Tonic

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 4 Mage

Power: 7

Health: 5/8

Ether: 7/8

Inventory: Crystalline Staff (WP: 3), Sapphire (Wind), Potion, Smoke Bomb

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 4 Mage

Health: 8/8

Ether: 8/8

Inventory: Snake Staff (WP: 3), Ruby/fire, Elemental gem, Shovel

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 4 Rogue

Health: 7/10

Gold: 33

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 3), Potion, vial of Venom

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 9 Mage

Power: 14

Health: 10/13

Ether: 11/13

Gold: 45

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Potion, Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

"Gah! Obviously ice doesn't work, instead I'll try to cast a Darkness spell at the Dementor from the Back row. And great job Bob, it's almost over now."

Arasmyth continued his back row assault on the Dementor.

Edited by Kadabra

This was getting ridiculous, Bob thought, as the Dementor yet again managed to survive another round. If six heroes cannot take down one monster, how can we possibly fare later on? Deciding to ponder on these thoughts later, Bob moved in once again for the kill. Maybe this time the Dementor will die?

"Bob will attack Dementor yet again from the back row. Bob is getting tired of doing this..."

Results of round six of the battle with the Werewolf:

Namyrra vs. Dementor - Damage

Arasmyth vs. Dementor - Critical Hit

Bob vs. Dementor - Hit

Dyric vs. Dementor - Miss

Yet again Namyrra casts a spell only to have the dementor evade the spell and cause her 3 damage. Arasmyth, wanting to do damage to the dementor, swung his staff mightily at the dementor for 5 damage. Bob also swings his staff at the dementor and hits him for 3 damage since he's in the back row. Dyric lunges at the dementor with his staff but the dementor moves out of the way and he misses.

Enemies:

Dementor

Type: Demon

Level 6

Health: 2/50

Special: Petrified - The target is turned into solid rock, and becomes unable to take a turn until the battle is over or the effect is remedied.

Drops: Robe of Magi

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall

Level 7 Ranger (Party Leader)
*Petrified*

Power: 13 (+4 against beasts)

Health: 12/12

Inventory: Hunters Crossbow (WP: 6 + 4 against beasts), Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 12 1/2 Mage
*Petrified*

Power: 17

Health: 12/16

Ether: 14/16

Inventory: Dragoro (WP:3), Diamond imbued Dagger (Light elemental WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Lightning Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Grand Tonic

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 4 Mage

Health: 5/8

Ether: 7/8

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 4 Mage

Health: 8/8

Ether: 8/8

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 4 Rogue

Health: 7/10

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 9 Mage

Power: 14

Health: 7/13

Ether: 11/13

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Potion, Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

QM Note: Should I go ahead and do the next round you guys?

Results of round seven of the battle with the Werewolf:

Namyrra vs. Dementor - Damage

Arasmyth vs. Dementor - Critical Hit

Bob vs. Dementor - Miss

Dyric vs. Dementor - Critical Hit

Namyrra casts her spell desperately hoping to hit the dementor this time but he avoids the spell again and causes her 3 damage. Arasmyth valiantly swings his staff and hits the dementor for 5 damage killing him!

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

Everyone gains a level of experience. The enemies drop a bottle of Potion, bone, and a Robe of Magi.

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall

Level 8 Ranger (Party Leader)

Power: 14 (+4 against beasts)

Health: 13/13

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 13 Mage

Power: 18

Health: 13/17

Ether: 15/17

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 5 Mage

Power: 8

Health: 6/9

Ether: 8/9

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 5 Mage

Health: 9/9

Ether: 9/9

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 5 Rogue

Health: 8/11

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 10 Mage

Power: 15

Health: 8/14

Ether: 12/14

Party Leader, how will the spoils of the battle be divided?

heroica-potion.jpg1x Potion – Restores 10 health to the target.

heroica-bone.jpg1x Bone - Can be thrown at monsters to distract them for a turn. Worth nothing, except in magic shops where it’s worth 5 gold.

522.gifRobe of Magi (SP: 1, suitable for Mages and Clerics) - Magically provides a small amount of protection against attack.

With a crack and a crumble, Skrall finally muscles out of his rocky prison having watched the entire battle as more of a spectator rather than a contributer. Stretching himself, he notices Althior has also been encased. "Hmmm... Well we do need his compass." Trudging over to the mage, Skrall whacks the statue on the head cracking the stone exterior. "Finnegan, get him a hot compress for his head, he's goin' to need it."

"Now concerning this loot, Arasmyth for dealin' that final blow and silencin' that demon once and for all, go ahead and take the robe. Bob I see you're without a potion so this is for you. Namyrra, why don't you take this bone, your spell throwin' came in handy quite a few times, even if that dementor pulled some of his disappearin' act more than once."

With the loot divied up,Skrall walks over and collects a paw from the werewolf and the dementor's cowl as evidence of the kills. He then looks around for footprints and or other exits from the clearing.

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 13 Mage

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 5 Mage

Inventory: Crystalline Staff (WP: 3), Sapphire (Wind), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Robe of Magi

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 5 Mage

Inventory: Snake Staff (WP: 3), Ruby/fire, Elemental gem, Shovel, Potion

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 5 Rogue

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 10 Mage

Health: 5/14

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Potion, Tonic, Venom, Bedroll, Bone

Update your signatures.

With the loot divied up,Skrall walks over and collects a paw from the werewolf and the dementor's cowl as evidence of the kills. He then looks around for footprints and or other exits from the clearing.

Skrall sees footprints leading of to the left and to the right. Which way shall the party go?

Ill use my compass.

OOC: Im on my phone so I can't do anything fancy.

I suggest that since there are footsteps each way, we go left first so we can maybe find more bandits.

"Point taken Althior. Namyrra, I would suggest using a potion if you should have one on you."

While waiting for Namyrra to decide whether to take a potion, Skrall prepares to lead the party down left path, while coating his quarrels with poison from his last vial of venom.

"That's indeed a good idea Skrall, I'm feeling rather weak after this encounter with the Dementor that was so damn hard to hit with a spell." Namyrra drinks her potion and immediately feels much better.

"Ah, thank you for the Robe, Skrall. This will hopefully prevent me from getting into tight spots like I did with that demon... Good thing we finished him off before he did me!" Arasmyth said as he put on the cloak: heroicarpg003.jpg

Edited by Kadabra

"Arasmyth, cut that spell out. I don't you wastin' all your energy conjurin' your office out in the middle of these woods, just to see if that robe matches your decor."

The party takes the left path and enters a clearing. There are footprints all over the clearing but no odd items sitting around.

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall

Inventory: Hunters Crossbow (WP: 6 + 4 against beasts)
*Poisoned*
, Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 13 Mage

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 5 Mage

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 5 Mage

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 5 Rogue

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 10 Mage

Health: 14/14

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

QM Note: Sorry guys I had a busy weekend.

"Hmm, this is somewhat weird." I'll try to see if the footprints lead anywhere, and if there are any exits from the clearing.

I'll try to see if the footprints lead anywhere, and if there are any exits from the clearing.

The footprints don't lead out of the clearing except out the way the party came in. And there are no other exits.