Sign in to follow this  
Masked Builder

Heroica RPG - Quest#9: Trespassers

Arasmyth, feeling refreshed, once more assaults the Bandit(Axe) from the back row, all the while wondering why he was called that when he quite obviously wielded a spear. :tongue::laugh:

Edited by Kadabra

"I'm glad to have ya back with us elf, now see if ya can knock that Bandit out with your needed respite. Althior I'd applaud your fine hit, if my hands weren't busy finishin. off this troublesome spear totin' bandit. Bob! My good house elf, I thought ya were dead. If you've still got some fight in ya, chuck some magic at that axe bearin' bandit. Finnegan see to it that the rogue is still breathin'."

Skrall took out another quarrel, gently putting it into his crossbow and leveling it at the Bandit (Axe) from the back row.

Battle Order:

Namyrra

Althior

Skrall

Arasmyth

Bob

OOC: Just a few notes, Namyrra last strike from last round against the Bandit (Axe) would have done 40 damage reducing him to 27 Health and since by me missing this round you mean I took aim, then I would have done 6 damage to him as well reducing him to 21. Finally since he was poisoned last round, he loses 1 health this round reducing him to a final 20 Health. Additionally, Althior would have done 46 damage this round to the Bandit Leader, since he scored a critical hit (WPx2 + Level)x2 for be darkness being effective against humanoids, thus reducing the Bandit Leader to 0 Health.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

OOC: Just a few notes, Namyrra last strike from last round against the Bandit (Axe) would have done 40 damage reducing him to 27 Health and since by me missing this round you mean I took aim, then I would have done 6 damage to him as well reducing him to 21. Finally since he was poisoned last round, he loses 1 health this round reducing him to a final 20 Health. Additionally, Althior would have done 46 damage this round to the Bandit Leader, since he scored a critical hit (WPx2 + Level)x2 for be darkness being effective against humanoids, thus reducing the Bandit Leader to 0 Health.

OOC: that's indeed correct, so though it had no effect on whether or not Dyric was knocked out, as he was first in the battle order, it does mean the Bandit Leader is definitely dead now.

"As the bandit leader bitch seems to have had the decency to drop dead in the last moment I shall instead cast a Darkness spell at Bandit (Axe) from the Back Row."

Apparently, after all, Bob wasn't knocked out. Bob was rather happy about that bit of news.

"Bob's not dead yet!"

However, Bob was not at full strength either, it appeared. Deciding to remedy this, Bob pulled out a potion, and, grimacing at the taste,drank it.

(Bob did indeed gain a potion after the Dementor and werewolf were defeated)

Edited by Sirius Black

As the spell still hurls towards the bandit, Althior takes a quick nap by a nearby tree. :laugh:

Skrall decides to try a different tactic he has been meaning to practice for a while. Aiming high up in the air and analyzing the trigonometry of the situation, Skrall shoots his arrow almost straight up and waits for the arrow to strike the bandit. As the arrow flies, Skrall decides to go and sit down next to Althior, "So, how did ya get to be a mage?"

"So, guys, doesn't look like these bandits are going to be doing anything any time soon, so who's up for a game of cards?"

Results of round four of the battle with the bandit leader:

Namyrra vs. Bandit - Special damage

Althior vs. Bandit - Shield

Skrall vs. Bandit - Damage

Arasmyth vs. Bandit - Miss

Bob - Uses Potion

Namyrra tries to cast a darkness spell at the bandit but he side steps and causes 5 damage to everyone. Althior casts a darkness spell, his power overflows and he causes a shield causing 36 damage to the bandit, killing him.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!!

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 9 Ranger (Party Leader)

Power: 15 (+4 against beasts)

Health: 4/14

Gold: 23

Inventory: Hunters Crossbow (WP: 6 + 4 against beasts), Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 13 1/2 Mage

Power: 18

Health: 3/17

Ether: 14/17

Gold: 268

Inventory: Dragoro (WP:3), Diamond imbued Dagger (Light elemental WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Lightning Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Grand Tonic

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 6 Mage

Power: 9

Health: 8/10

Ether: 9/10

Inventory: Crystalline Staff (WP: 3), Sapphire (Wind), Smoke Bomb

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 5 Mage

Health: 1/10

Ether: 10/10

Inventory: Snake Staff (WP: 3), Ruby/fire, Elemental gem, Shovel, Potion

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 5 Rogue

Power: 8

Health: 1/11

Gold: 33

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 3), Potion, vial of Venom

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 10 1/2 Mage

Power: 15

Health: 4/14

Ether: 9/14

Gold: 45

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

Party Leader, how will the spoils of the battle be divided?

heroica-potion.jpg 1x Potion

heroica-sixcoins.jpg 120 Gold

Double Chain Whip (WP: 5) Suitable for Rogues

All of you, state any actions you wish to perform at this spot before the party moves on.

Skrall slaps Althior on the back good naturedly, but still almost knocks him over, "Good work Althior, you are no longer on my list of mages never to work with again. Finnegan get your master a potion, he looks like he's going to faint and he certainly deserves it. That goes for the rest of ya too, if you've got a potion drink it, I'm already carryin' this trunk and I've got no room for a knocked out quester too." With that Skrall consumes on of his potions.

Skrall walks over to the bandits, gathers the loot and hands everyone 20 gold. "Mr. Rone for your battle foolhardiness I give you this chain whip, it certainly has more range than your long sword, see what you can make of it. Namyrra you look like you could use this potion go ahead and take it." Skrall tosses the small green vial to the Fennarian and looks around the clearing inspecting for foot prints or signs of a large beast the bandits might have been leading away.

OOC: Since Bob was the last in the order, he technically would have been knocked out by the Bandit's special damage and thus his potion would not have been used.

"Indeed Skrall, I do feel like I need a potion right now." Namyrra graciously accepts the potion from Skrall and drinks it in one fluid motion. "Now, let's see where those might be heading, but perhaps Althior should make a quick attempt at digging first? After all, he found one of the keys for the chest that I presume the bandits left, who knows what else these bandits may have buried."

"Indeed Skrall, I do feel like I need a potion right now." Namyrra graciously accepts the potion from Skrall and drinks it in one fluid motion. "Now, let's see where those might be heading, but perhaps Althior should make a quick attempt at digging first? After all, he found one of the keys for the chest that I presume the bandits left, who knows what else these bandits may have buried."

"Aye why don't you give diggin' a try Althior?"

As Althior's spell had been cast, the spikes on his wan had begun to spin, sending darkness flying everywhere. He stepped back, exhausted and about to faint as he drank his potion. Feeling somewhat better, he began to dig, remaining silent as the grave. The voices had no longer tortured him, but he knew that they'd be back.

I wake up

Oooh, I had a horrible dream. Full of... aliens... and skulls... giant ants... fake Russian accents... millions of fans... dissapointed...and somehow...a wedding...

I see the whip

Right! Thank you, kind sir! I take the whip.

Althior tries digging in the clearing but finds nothing interesting.

What does the party wish to do now?

Update Your Signatures Everyone!

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 9 Ranger (Party Leader)

Power: 15 (+4 against beasts)

Health: 14/14

Gold: 43

Inventory: Hunters Crossbow (WP: 6 + 4 against beasts), Potion (2), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 13 1/2 Mage

Power: 18

Health: 13/17

Ether: 14/17

Gold: 288

Inventory: Dragoro (WP:3), Diamond imbued Dagger (Light elemental WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Lightning Bomb, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Grand Tonic

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 6 Mage

Health: 8/10

Ether: 9/10

Inventory: Crystalline Staff (WP: 3), Sapphire (Wind), Smoke Bomb

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 5 Mage

Health: 1/10

Ether: 10/10

Inventory: Snake Staff (WP: 3), Ruby/fire, Elemental gem, Shovel, Potion

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 5 Rogue

Power: 8

Health: 1/11

Gold: 53

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 3), Double Chain Whip (WP: 5), Potion, vial of Venom

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 10 1/2 Mage

Power: 15

Health: 14/14

Ether: 9/14

Gold: 65

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

"Well if nobody's spotted anythin' lookin' around I say we follow the path that leads from the clearin', that is of course after Mr. Rone over there downs his potion."

OOC: Signiture update, I should have no venom left, I used my last one in the past fight.

Althior remains silent, sitting in the shadow of a tree, flipping his dagger back and forth. He remains silent, waiting for his time to arise. His dagger still glints in the sunlight. He stops fiddling with it and makes a mark into the tree. He wonders if he could pry the chest open with his knife.

"I think Althior might be in a coma." :look:

"Well if nobody's spotted anythin' lookin' around I say we follow the path that leads from the clearin', that is of course after Mr. Rone over there downs his potion."

"Yes, let's follow that path, nothing else interesting here it seems."

Skrall glances over at Althior, "What's with the dark an mysterious broodin', Mage? What happened to yer ever so chipper happy go lucky attitude, did Finnegan spoil the tea again?"

Skrall glances over at Althior, "What's with the dark an mysterious broodin', Mage? What happened to yer ever so chipper happy go lucky attitude, did Finnegan spoil the tea again?"

Althior glances to Skrall, then turns as he flips his dagger between his fingers. Only one man/god would be able to help him...

Ennoc

I test the chain whip, aiming for Finnigan. I smile. This seems stronger than my sword.. it'll come in usefull.

Oh... I feel weak. You know what, Finnigan? I blame you. I drink my potion, ALMOST puking at the taste..

OOC: Shouldn't my level have raised? Or does that not count, seeing as I was KOed?

Edited by The Legonater

The party heads down the path and yet again, comes to an intersection. But this time there a three ways to go. Which way shall the party go, left, straight, or right?

OOC: Shouldn't my level have raised? Or does that not count, seeing as I was KOed?

QM Note: Yeah Ko'ing doesn't get you a level up.

"Althior? Bob while we wait for the sullen mage why don't you drink yer potion."

Skrall was beginning to get unnerved at the Althior's demeanor, he hadn't said much since the end of the battle that he had so decisively finished and was constantly flicking around his knife, even Finnegan had seemed uneasy. Had the shock of Althior's success been too much for him? What ever it was, Skrall was going to keep his crossbow at the ready should the mage do something drastic or turn rogue (figuratively speaking at least).