Sign in to follow this  
Masked Builder

Heroica RPG - Quest#9: Trespassers

"My these bandits are over confident are they not? Six to one and they're still mockin' us. Twill be there undoing I suspect." Skrall targets the Bandit (Axe) from the back row.

"Any furious screamin' higher than that Althior and you'll be forcin' me to give up heroing for good and go back to watchin' my kids as a stay at home ogre. What's he payin' you to be his butler Finnegan, half the gold he makes?" Inwardly Skrall winced at his own joke, he'd left home to escape from his children and now here he was betting he'd go back to them.

"Alright down to business. Mages let 'em have it with any spells you've got this round, don't worry about yer ether fer now. I'd rather have you alive and safe in the back row, then knocked out and full of useless ether in the front. Especially you Arasmyth, I admire your courage but that chain wieldin' wench could knock you out with one hit, due to yer previous injuries."

Battle Order:

Althior

Namyrra

Skrall

Dyric

Bob

Arasmyth

OOC: Stat wise, my weapon should be poisoned and Namyrra should be at full health as we both used our venom and potion respectively.

"Right, these guys actually look like they might manage to hurt us a little bit, but let's see how that Bandit (Axe) feels after a Darkness spell from the Back Row."

"What's he payin' you to be his butler Finnegan, half the gold he makes?"

"Actually, I'm his mage senses in a bottle. He takes his jokes too seriously." :laugh:

Edit: OMYGOD. :facepalm: I DID IT AGAIN. But that cloak should protect Arasmyth from some damage, tho, right? How does that work.

Edited by Bioniclover

"I' surprised my master has not lost his voice, yet."

"They must've used some time slowing device, like when we tried to get to the nursery at Ziegfried manor!" :laugh:

Namyrra ponders whether she has time for a pedicure while waiting for these silly bandits to actually do something.

Results of round one of the battle with the Bandit leader:

Althior vs. Bandit Leader - Miss

Namyrra vs. Bandit - Critical Hit

Skrall vs. Bandit - Hit

Dyric vs. Bandit Leader - Critical Hit

Bob vs. Bandit - Hit

Arasmyth vs. Bandit - Special Damage

Althior tries to cast a spell but his wand fizzels and his spell doesn't appear. Namyrra on the other hand, casts her darkness spell and hits the Bandit for a massive 30 damage. Skrall loads a bolt and takes aim and the bandit's head. He loses the bolt and it strikes him for 14 damage. Dyric swings his sword at the bandit leader, and hits him for 8 damage. Swinging his staff, Bob hits the bandit for 3 damage. Wanting to follow up on the success of the other Arasmyth swings his staff but falls allowing the bandit to hit everyone for five damage.

Enemies:

Bandit Leader (Whip)

Type: Humanoid

Level: 7

Health: 72/80

Special: Scarring - Causes the
Enamored
effect for the rest of the battle.

Drops: 70 gold, Double Chain Whip (WP: 5 Suitable for Rogues)

Bandit (Axe)
*Poisoned*

Level: 6

Health: 37/75

Special: Berserk - Causes five damage to all enemies regardless of what row they are in.

Drops: 50 gold, Potion

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 8 Ranger (Party Leader)

Power: 14 (+4 against beasts)

Health: 8/13

Gold: 23

Inventory: Hunters Crossbow (WP: 6 + 4 against beasts)
*Poisoned*
, Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 13 Mage

Power: 18

Health: 8/17

Ether: 15/17

Gold: 268

Inventory: Dragoro (WP:3), Diamond imbued Dagger (Light elemental WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Lightning Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Grand Tonic

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 5 Mage

Power: 8

Health: 3/9

Ether: 8/9

Inventory: Crystalline Staff (WP: 3), Sapphire (Wind), Potion, Smoke Bomb

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 5 Mage

Health: 4/9

Ether: 9/9

Inventory: Snake Staff (WP: 3), Ruby/fire, Elemental gem, Shovel

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 5 Rogue

Health: 3/11

Gold: 33

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 3), Potion, vial of Venom

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 10 Mage

Power: 15

Health: 9/14

Ether: 11/14

Gold: 45

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

QM Note: Sorry this took so long guys.

"Right, they'll pay for what they did to poor Bob! I shall, again, cast a Darkness spell at Bandit (axe) from the Back row."

"Finnegan give that master of yers a telephone pole, maybe he can hit something with it. Those of ya in danger of losin' the rest of your strength, drink a potion if you've got one. Namyrra, Althior, and I will take care of these thugs. Nammyrra that axeman is weak, let me quickly end him with my crossbow, the real danger is that chain wieldin' wench. If both you and Althior use one of yer darkness spells, we'll have her on the run soon enough."

With that Skrall targets Bandit (Axe) fro the back row

Battle Order:

Dyric

Arasmyth

Namyrra

Skrall

Althior

Bob

OOC: Just a few things, my weapon was poisoned, so the Bandit (Axe) should now be poisoned and Namyrra's strike should have done 60 damage since she rolled a great spell and darkness is effective against humanoids.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

"Finnegan give that master of yers a telephone pole, maybe he can hit something with it. Those of ya in danger of losin' the rest of your strength, drink a potion if you've got one. Namyrra, Althior, and I will take care of these thugs. Nammyrra that axeman is weak, let me quickly end him with my crossbow, the real danger is that chain wieldin' wench. If both you and Althior use one of yer darkness spells, we'll have her on the run soon enough."

"Absolutely Skrall, I shall instead cast a Darkness spell at Bandit Leader from the Back row."

OOC: Just a few things, my weapon was poisoned, so the Bandit (Axe) should now be poisoned and Namyrra's strike should have done 60 damage since she rolled a great spell and darkness is effective against humanoids.

OOC: hmm, no, I should have done 40 damage. (Critical hit is 2xWP + Level, so 2x5+10=20, and then doubled due to the target being a Humanoid weak to Darkness).

Althior was about to reply to Sralls insult in rage again as a voice appeared in his head.

"There is no point in fighting, for you shall lose everything in the end."

He stumbled back, grasping his head, trying to keep the voices out. He managed to fire a darkness spell from the front row at the bandit leader, but then fell back, keeping the voice out of his head.

"What's a telephone pole?" :wacko:

"What's a telephone pole?" default_wacko.gif

It sounds like a stick used to get the point across. Like this. I attempt to whack Finnigan, then return to the battle and swing at the Bandit Leader from the Front Row with my Longsword.

I attempt to whack Finnigan

"Stupid male man! I'm an aura, basically a ghost! :snicker: "

"Stupid male man! I'm an aura, basically a ghost! default_snicker.gif "

Still irritated, I attempt to attack Finnigen again, this time tumbling to the ground.

Still irritated, I attempt to attack Finnigen again, this time tumbling to the ground.

":snicker: And you spelled my name wrong!"

"default_snicker.gif And you spelled my name wrong!"

I stand up again, silently wondering how to get rid of the irritating entity.

Namyrra is looking at her nails, wondering if a manicure might be in order once this ordeal with the bandits is over. (:tongue:)

Results of round three of the battle Bandit Leader:

Dyric vs. Bandit Leader - Damage

Arasmyth - Consumes Potion

Namyrra vs. Bandit Leader - Hit

Skrall vs. Bandit - Miss

Althior vs. Bandit Leader - Critical Hit

Bob vs. Bandit - Miss

Dyric swings his sword at the bandit leader, he jumps around the blow and hits Dyric for 7 damage knocking him out. Arasmyth takes his last potion restoring his health to full. Namyrra hits the leader with her darkness spell for 40 damage. Skrall takes aim with his bow and looses the bolt, it misses the bandit by a few inches. Althior's spell finally hits something and causes 46 damage to the leader. Bob swings his staff at the bandit, determined to hit him, but he side steps the blow. Since the leader was poisoned, he gains one point of damage.

Enemies:

Bandit (Axe)
*Poisoned*

Level: 6

Health: 20/75

Special: Berserk - Causes five damage to all enemies regardless of what row they are in.

Drops: 50 gold, Potion

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 8 Ranger (Party Leader)

Power: 14 (+4 against beasts)

Health: 8/13

Inventory: Hunters Crossbow (WP: 6 + 4 against beasts)
*Poisoned*
, Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 13 Mage

Power: 18

Health: 8/17

Ether: 14/17

Gold: 268

Inventory: Dragoro (WP:3), Diamond imbued Dagger (Light elemental WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Lightning Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Grand Tonic

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 5 Mage

Health: 9/9

Ether: 8/9

Inventory: Crystalline Staff (WP: 3), Sapphire (Wind), Smoke Bomb

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 5 Mage

Health: 4/9

Ether: 9/9

Inventory: Snake Staff (WP: 3), Ruby/fire, Elemental gem, Shovel

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater) KO'd

Level 5 Rogue

Health: 0/11

Gold: 33

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 3), Potion, vial of Venom

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 10 Mage

Power: 15

Health: 9/14

Ether: 10/14

Gold: 45

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

"Right, you're going down bitch! Another Darkness spell at the Bandit Leader from the Back Row."

Althior falls back, the voices still torturing him, he falls to the ground, breathing heavily. His dagger glints in the sunlight, giving him hope. He casts a darkness spell at the bandit leader from the back row.

Edited by K-nut