Derfel Cadarn

Millbeck Smithy

Hi there, my next moc for Lego town's countryside is Millbeck Smithy.

With its whitewashed slate rubble walls and slate roof with round slate chimneys, this little smithy dates back to the early eighteenth century and is a real Lakeland architectural gem!

This lovely little building can be found at the bottom of a garden in the beautiful tiny village of Millbeck - not many people can claim to have a former blacksmith's shop at the bottom of their garden! Its now a peaceful, tranquil area, it was once a hive of industry, as during the late nineteenth century woollen mills at Applethwaite and Millbeck prodeced blankets, bonnets and caps that were sold all over the world! Old buildings like these are what gives the countryside its charm and character.

6214396673_cff3387f79.jpg

6214625242_a0d0975be2.jpg

6214627874_f7195900fb.jpg

6214404549_b0c22c26a2.jpg

I will be tackling some village shops next, sweet shop, bookstore, pub etc.

Thanks for looking

DC

AWESOME blacksmith workshop 'Derfel', beautiful stonework as usual from you, plus cool creeper plant on the side of it...it looks like they are also the local wheelwright ! :wink:

Keep them comming.....post office/village store and Postman Pat ! :grin:

Brick On 'Derfel' ! :sweet:

With the risk of repeating myself: Wonderful. Your stonework is just superb. Really looking forward to your upcoming creations!

the walls are just amazing!

equally amazing is the plinth you have created for this MOC! just like one of those miniature buildings sold in souvenir shops!

Thank you all for your great comments, always much appreciated!

I can just not go wrong by clicking your topics, another win! :thumbup:

How did you make the smithy sign, is it a custom printed tile? Looks really smooth.

Thanks cap, the sign came in the Medieval Market Village set, there was also a horse/stable sign as well. Unfortunatly they are not printed, just stickers. It worked well here as the sign is dark green which matched the doors and gabbles of the smithy.

Thanks

DC