Sign in to follow this  
Sorrow

MOC: When minifigs go to Pride

My minifigs recently went to Pride (a couple of them were actually trapped into taking part in the event and didn't seem too happy about it) and my friend Kozioł took pictures of them marching, brandishing banners, flirting with each other, chatting and chasing off the counter-demonstration.

Here they are:

6198940482_176581baa6_m.jpg 6198428981_8577916908_m.jpg 6199216998_e06d369ca0_m.jpg 6198426007_f3097938b2_m.jpg 6198425483_fb92a9a60f_m.jpg 6198710493_48f51ec492_m.jpg 6198424185_9d3bb8c778_m.jpg 6198429113_634584147a_m.jpg6198944052_f53f36c8d8_m.jpg6198941222_3b7b6ac458_m.jpg

Brickshelf set

Flickr set

Originally, I wanted to make a diorama picturing a part of Nowy Świat, a street in the center of Warsaw, but due to lack of funds (and probably skills too) my buildings are only inspired by the actual ones. Still, the event is set in Poland, so the dialogues are written in Polish. You'll find English translation at the bottom of the pictures.

I had great time choosing minifigs and setting them so that they seem to interact with each other. But what I enjoyed most while working on this MOC, was making custom flags, banners, stickers, posters etc. For a better view of the posters you can go here, here and here.

Enjoy!:)

Excellent work 'Sorrow', done with humour and taste. :classic:

The buildings are fantastic, I really like the signs on the buildings - well done ! :classic:

I think it's the first MOC involving a gay theme, it takes all kinds of people to make the world go round even in the Lego one. :classic:

Understanding, respect and acceptance. :classic:

I love it! It's true, Pride events have become pretty tame compared to past decades, but I guess that's a small price to pay for the much greater levels of understanding and tolerance of today.

(Also, it tickles me that right before seeing this MOC, I was responding to a post about the possibility of seeing a pair of women getting married in the Kingdoms theme. Hey, maybe someday it will happen!)

Thank you for the comments!

I'm not much of a Pride goer (nor is my sigfig – as you can see in the last picture, it spent the whole time on the roof) but I'm glad I at least did well organizing a minifig-scale Pride;)

I was responding to a post about the possibility of seeing a pair of women getting married in the Kingdoms theme. Hey, maybe someday it will happen!)

How about a pair of bearded knights?;)

I really like this - it's nice to see Pride being represented in Lego form! :thumbup:

Ooooh, so so cute! I love the guy in the nurse outfit. It is a guy, right? :D And all the banners - so awesome. Very well done, and a great subject.

I'm glad you enjoy it:D

It's interesting to see how Eurobricks and LUGPol members reacted to “Pride”. I got very positive responses on LUGPol but all except one concerned the build itself – its composition, liveliness, techniques etc. Only one LUGPol member expressed his enthusiasm about the theme of my MOC whereas most of you commented on the subject I brought up.

I love the guy in the nurse outfit. It is a guy, right? :D

I have no idea;)