Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG - Quest #8 Sacred Sands

"Actually, I'm quite sure that I have 42." (I have 59.) "So 42 for the 3 canteens is a deal?"

Saw your post in rules and discussions. Deal. Update your sig.

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum: Level 7 Cleric (played by dannylonlegs) Party Leader

unknown age, unknown race

Power: 10 Health: 15/15 Ether: 11/11 Gold: 17 Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 6), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Bone, 3 canteens

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 8 Knight (played by Zepher)

44 years old Male Human

Power: 15 Health: 17/17 Gold: 24

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 7), Shaduex Shield (SP: 4), Shield (SP: 2), 2 Potions, Venom, Bedroll, 3 Canteens

6021867482_37ed63cbf4_s.jpg

Nyx, Level 11 Mage, 19 years old Female Human (played by Pandora)

Power: 15 Health: 15/15 Ether: 15/15 Gold: 48

Inventory: Dawnstar II (WP: 4), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Sandman's Parasol, 2 Potions, Remedy, 2 Tonics, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, 2 Bones

6135777714_4dee4d5480_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo Level 2 mage 324 year old male elf (played by legobodgers)

Power: 6 Health: 6/6 Ether: 5/6 Gold: 0

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 4), , opal elemental gem, Bedroll, Tonic, 5 canteens. Plus a 10 gold debt to Ranger Docken. Thats for Sandy's Heroica RPG

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Tormek, Level 2 Cleric (played by Aveal the Black Sheep)

260 years old Male Dwarf Power: 5 Health:10/10 Ether:6/6 Gold: 29

Inventory: Rune Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Remedy, Venom

What else shall the party buy?

Barur looked a bit helplessly at his companions shopping frenzy...Although his dwarf consciousness made him enjoy owning things ,specially shiny ones, shopping was definitely not his game.

'Dear shopkeeper allow me to negociate my part as well. I'm interessed in a shovel and say 3 to 4 canteens. What would that price be,bearing in mind that I have not much pieces of gold to spend?'

'And if I may add,you look lovely today :blush: '

Edited by Aveal the black sheep

Sylph, I just paid 19 gold for 5 canteens, I am sure that you can get a better price than that.

"Oooh, I see. I fear I've made a grave mistake. Too late now, but hey, I'm not that great with money."

Boomingham steps up to the lady.

"Look here, you just gave that fellow 5 canteens for nearly the same price I got my 3. Perhaps you were not totally fair with me? I don't like it when people aren't fair. Now, we need that map you've got. Perhaps it will be a fair way to make up the balance that you owe us."

"Its just my natural charm and good looks at work" Amorith says to Boomingham.

"I have walked on this earth for many a year and I have encountered such situations before." Amorith explains.

Barur looked a bit helplessly at his companions shopping frenzy...Although his dwarf consciousness made him enjoy owning things ,specially shiny ones, shopping was definitely not his game.

'Dear shopkeeper allow me to negociate my part as well. I'm interessed in a shovel and say 3 to 4 canteens. What would that price be,bearing in mind that I have not much pieces of gold to spend?'

'And if I may add,you look lovely today :blush: '

"Let's make a deal. If you give me 28 gold and your venom, I'll give you 4 canteens! Thats the price of one! :classic: "

Boomingham steps up to the lady.

"Look here, you just gave that fellow 5 canteens for nearly the same price I got my 3. Perhaps you were not totally fair with me? I don't like it when people aren't fair. Now, we need that map you've got. Perhaps it will be a fair way to make up the balance that you owe us."

"Also, fine, how about you give me that shield (SP: 2) you wanted and that venom, PLUS 5 gold, and I'll throw in the map, and another canteen?"

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

'Dear shopkeeper this isn't going entirely fair for all of us I think. But that's bargaining...20 gold and the venom for 5 canteens,what do you think?'

"No can do sir, you are getting 5 for the price of 1. I'll go broke!"

The price remains at 28 gold and venom, for 5 canteens.

Fine, how about 15 gold each?

And- surely some food on the table is better than none.

Absolutely no deal. I have no need for food on a table, however you have need of my gold

I am willing to pay 20 gold and a bone for just four canteens. I'll forget about the map seeing as Boomers is taking care of that.

I'm willing to haggle for a very long time....

Absolutely no deal. I have no need for food on a table, however you have need of my gold

I am willing to pay 20 gold and a bone for just four canteens. I'll forget about the map seeing as Boomers is taking care of that.

I'm willing to haggle for a very long time....

Hmm... it looks like you have a Sandmans Parasol. Give me that and two tonics and I'll give you FIVE canteens!

Hmm... it looks like you have a Sandmans Parasol. Give me that and two tonics and I'll give you FIVE canteens!

"Oh, cut her some slack," remarked Sylph after realizing that he payed more for less than anyone else. "Surely you can put food on the table with that dupe you pulled on me."

"Oh, cut her some slack," remarked Sylph after realizing that he payed more for less than anyone else. "Surely you can put food on the table with that dupe you pulled on me."

"I'm giving her five canteens." says the woman with dignity.

"Also, fine, how about you give me that shield (SP: 2) you wanted and that venom, PLUS 5 gold, and I'll throw in the map, and another canteen?"

"No gold. But other than that, you've got yourself a deal!"

"And how about selling that stuff we got off the captain? That dagger is useless and that ring is gold..."

"And how about selling that stuff we got off the captain? That dagger is useless and that ring is gold..."

OOC: You may sell the dagger, but not the ring.

The negotiations press on, Boomingham is finnaly getting the hang of it.

"Nope, 5 gold included."

"I guess I'll just have to walk to that other stall over there.

"Fine, I don't want your business!"

Boomingham starts to walk away.

"Wait! Fine, fine! The shield and venom for a map." You may edit your signature.

'We should keep the ring,could still be usefull, the dagger we can definitely sell'

'Shopkeeper you got a deal. 28 and the venom,for 5 canteens'

Edit your signature.

--------------------------------------

The adventurers glance at the map:

heroica_map.jpg

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

Barur leans towards Boomingham to have a look at the map 'Interesting. But , my dear fellows, aren't we taking too much time here? We're supposed to meet someone are we not?'

Edited by Aveal the black sheep

Barur leans towards Boomingham to have a look at the map 'Interesting. But , my dear fellows, aren't we taking too much time here? We're supposed to meet someone are we not?'

OOC: You meet them at night, and you arrived here at morning. :wink:

Amorith looks over Boomingham's shoulder at the map and says

"It looks like there is a lot of ground to cover, I can't wait to get started"

OCC. Can canteens be refilled if we pass by an oasis or well or are canteens only useable once?

Amorith looks over Boomingham's shoulder at the map and says

"It looks like there is a lot of ground to cover, I can't wait to get started"

OCC. Can canteens be refilled if we pass by an oasis or well or are canteens only useable once?

"If there's an oasis, of course refill! Though this map is veerrryyy old, and any puddles would be long gone."

OOC: No refills! :devil_laugh:

No.

I doubt you have enough gold to reimburse me for such rare items, and they would be worth far more than a few water containers if you did.

My Sandman's Parasol is not, and will not ever be, part of a deal.

25 gold and a bone for five canteens. It is a fair deal, considering the other deals you have made.

No.

I doubt you have enough gold to reimburse me for such rare items, and they would be worth far more than a few water containers if you did.

My Sandman's Parasol is not, and will not ever be, part of a deal.

25 gold and a bone for five canteens. It is a fair deal, considering the other deals you have made.

Nyx is one aggressive shopper! She gets the woman to agree. you may edit your signature, it's a deal!

Are the adventurers done shopping? If so they can venture to:

The docks

The stables

The Palace

The blacksmith

The residential zone

I would like to travel to the blacksmith, maybe he could tell us more about the dagger. Other than that I would like to travel the the residential area, the inhabitants of an area can tell you much about the state of affairs.

OCC. So, we eat the canteen at the same time that we drink the contents? :tongue:

Nyx is one aggressive shopper! She gets the woman to agree. you may edit your signature, it's a deal!

Yay! :grin:

I'm happy to visit each and every part of town in the order the group desires, certainly starting with the Blacksmith. Who knows what we might find in the various areas? The more information we have before starting to cross the desert, the better in my view.