Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG - Quest #8 Sacred Sands

After three get across, the rest follow, for the sake of keeping the ball rolling. The party sees a statue, though a bit different from the original one.

The statue's glowing eyes suggest it is powerful in wisdom. Its ring glows to honor its kings and gods. It speaks.

"I don't like you. I respect you. Therefor, for the courage all of you have shown, I will not hold a grudge for the death of my comrade, he died courageously. But to get behind me into the royal room of the light, there is a test. The test will be 1 question, and you only have 1 guess. Your party leader must say boldly the party's decision. Get it wrong? Fight me. Clear? Now the question:

'What kite goes into the water?' I want specific answers here." declares the statue mummy.

img_0903.jpg

"Do we really have to do this?" mumbles Boomingham. "I think we could take this fellow. I say just answer it wrong..."

"Is there a kite that's a type of bird that goes underwater to catch fish? I'm not much of a thinker... must be the years of drinking too much...."

"Do we really have to do this?" mumbles Boomingham. "I think we could take this fellow. I say just answer it wrong..."

I kinda think we do old man, :wink: and I kinda think we'll end up fighting him anyway, or somebody, or something. You could just hit him if you want, but a moment's quiet contemplation with the minor goddess Wikia indicates that there are items in a parallel dimension called Paravanes - used by humans for... fun... apparently. :def_shrug:

"Let's divi up this gold and get a move on.

Zepher, I'm not sure if this is in character, but you sound mad at the speed of my quest, as you've been complaining. I completely understand, and if it is not in character, please read my post in Rules And Discussions. :classic:

Thanks,

Capt.JohnPaul

Good idea Sylph. How should we answer him, there are many different types of rays and we do not know how specific this creature is being.

Good idea Sylph. How should we answer him, there are many different types of rays and we do not know how specific this creature is being.

Dannylonglegs, thanks for posting.

Anyways, how specific? I wanna know the kingdom, phylum, class, order, genus, and species. :tongue:

Not really, please just don't say "fish" or "ray," an extra descriptive word would be fine.

"Let's give it a try! Worse case scenario is that we get it wrong and this sucker has to face the King of the Desert."

"Excuse me. I thought I was the leader. Ok, What is Manta ray?"

"Do you mean an Animalia Chordata Chondrichthyes Elasmobranchii Myliobatiformes Myliobatidae Manta M. birostris?" asks the mummy?

"Umm... sure?" replies Sylph.

"Congratulations Sylph, you are very wise, using my ring for clues. I will share your wisdom to the world. All of you have proven yourself, please, enter the Royal Room. Though the inhabitants may be hostile... "

The party walks through, and sees two figures.

"Intruders! Attack!" commands one.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

img_0905.jpg

Enemies:

MOColian Palace Guard

Level 9 humanoid

Health: 100/100

Special: Karate Move- Target loses 11 health, and is stunned

Drops: Smoke Bomb, 20 gold

General San Di the MOCol

Level 10 humanoid

Health: 200/200

Special: Quick Draw- Target loses 10 health, and is poisoned until effect cured or the battle is over

Drops: Key, 20 gold

Party:

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum: Level 12 Cleric (played by dannylonlegs) Party Leader

unknown age, unknown race

Power: 15 Health: 15/20 Ether: 11/16 Gold: 77 Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 6), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, 1 Canteen Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 6 Bones, Ring, Grand Tonic

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 12.5 Knight (played by Zepher)

44 years old Male Human

Power: 19 Health: 17/21 Gold: 74

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 7, Poisoned), Shaduex Shield (SP: 4), 2 Potions, Bedroll, 2 Canteens, Map, 5 Bones, Fire Gem

6021867482_37ed63cbf4_s.jpg

Nyx, Level 14.5 Mage, 19 years old Female Human (played by Pandora)

Power: 20 Health: 14/18 Ether: 16/18 Gold: 74

Inventory: Dawnstar II (WP: 6), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Sandman's Parasol, 2 Potions, Remedy, 4 Tonics, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, 4 Bone, 1 Canteens of Water , Gold Staff, Wood Gem

6135777714_4dee4d5480_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo Level 8 mage 324 year old male elf (played by legobodgers)

Power: 12 Health: 11/12 Ether: 10/12 Gold: 50

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 4), opal elemental gem, Fire Gem, Earth Gem, Bedroll, Tonic, 1 canteens, Potion, Fang Dagger (WP: 3), 3 bones. Plus a 10 gold debt to Ranger Docken. Thats for Sandy's Heroica RPG

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Tormek, Level 8 Cleric (played by Aveal the Black Sheep)

260 years old Male Dwarf Power: 11 Health:8/16 Ether:2/13 Gold: 51

Inventory: Rune Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Remedy,1 canteens, x2 Venom, Tonic , Fire Gem, Lightning gem, 5 bones

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

QM Note: Boss Battle!

"Hahaha. You think you are Generals and Kings?! HA! I am Lord of my land, King of this Desert, General in the Orcish Invasion. I have killed Orc, man, pirate, Scarab and many more! I do not fear you!"

Boomingham attacks General San Di the MOCol from the front row. "Come along party of mine! Let's chop them to bits. Did they steal the treasure? If so, they certainly did a poor job of keeping it with them. Must be distracted easily. Speaking of which, have I ever told you the story of Old Man Arfy, member of my unit... I'm joking. Sheesh. I was born a long time ago, but my brain isn't going. :hmpf_bad: "

Both me and Barur would be KO'd by a special damage so what should we do. Also, will the special damage be halved by standing in the back row?

"Mr. Marvolous, stand in the back-row and attack the General with any one of your beautiful gems. Barur should stand in the back, heal himself, heal you, and then attack the general. Nyx and Sylph can keep battering the Guard until he goes down, and then join us in fighting the general, unless Nyx wishes to put one of them to sleep and we can focus on them one at a time."

"Yes sir, Larry Boomers" Amorith was in a good mood and felt like a good bit of earth magic.

"I will attack General San Di the MOCol with earth magic from the back row"

"Nyx and Sylph can keep battering the Guard until he goes down, and then join us in fighting the general, unless Nyx wishes to put one of them to sleep and we can focus on them one at a time."

Unfortunately the only means we have at our disposal for putting anyone to sleep is you telling them another one of your stories, Larry. :tongue: My Sandman's Parasol merely prevents me from being affected by sleep.

This will be a long fight; I don't doubt our good Clerics will be required to heal us all at some point, so perhaps you could focus on that Barur? We're going to need you!

Well, lets get this party started then. I shall bring out my trusty Amethyst and cast Darkness on the MOColian Palace Guard from the back row.

<Can we pick Barur's actions for us, he doesn't seem to be around.>

Most definitely. Or is that perhaps the QM's role? Anyways, we'll give him until tomorrow morning.