Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG - Quest #8 Sacred Sands

Okay then, I will not drink here, I will rehydrate in the evening when I will not lose as much fluid through sweat.

I would like to look around this area for any tracks or markings.

Yo found no markings. Everything seems dead around you.

Sylph silently took up the back, which as leader he had decided to take: to keep a look out for bandits and the like from behind, or anyone following their trail. When the had arrived at their first rest stop, marked with an X on the map, he asked his party if anyone felt thirsty, but the party was content. They relaxed as Sylph handed out a large flat bread he had purchased at the market for a nominal fee. Despite the air of informality, Sylph remained ever vigil.

"Would someone with a shovel dig? We might find something. Apparently people love leaving treasure out in this desert... might as well try it."

"Would someone with a shovel dig? We might find something. Apparently people love leaving treasure out in this desert... might as well try it."

Excellent idea Larry! I was about suggest the same thing; you never know what we might find. :wink:

The party uses Sylph's shovel, but can't find any treasure at the rest stop. They decide to move on.

"Are we there yet?" asks Boomingham.

"We are 5 minutes closer from the last time you asked." says Sylph.

They get to the Pillar Ruins, and there is a treasure chest between a destroyed pillar and a Mummy Guardian.

"Arhch te Vlu eicht kuptyo defv!" moans the guardian in some strange tongue.

img_0917.jpg

He raises up his spear and smashes it into the ground. The earth begins to shake, and something ruptures out of the ground! A Super Scarab!

img_0920.jpg

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies:

Grand Guardian

Level 6 Undead Humanoid

Health: 23/23

Special: Stab- Target loses 7 health, and is poisoned

Drops: Bone, Venom, 1 Gold

Super Scarab

Level 10 Earth Beast

Health: 45/45

Special: Rush- Target loses 6 health, and is stunned

Drops: Bone Dagger (WP: 3) (Suitable for Mages)

Other: Specially summoned magic beast, can’t be distracted.

-----------

Party:

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum: Level 7 Cleric (played by dannylonlegs) Party Leader

unknown age, unknown race

Power: 10 Health: 15/15 Ether: 11/11 Gold: 37 Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 6), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Bone, 3 canteens, Ring

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 8 Knight (played by Zepher)

44 years old Male Human

Power: 15 Health: 17/17 Gold: 24

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 7), Shaduex Shield (SP: 4), 2 Potions, Bedroll, 4 Canteens, Map

6021867482_37ed63cbf4_s.jpg

Nyx, Level 11 Mage, 19 years old Female Human (played by Pandora)

Power: 15 Health: 15/15 Ether: 15/15 Gold: 23

Inventory: Dawnstar II (WP: 4), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Sandman's Parasol, 2 Potions, Remedy, 2 Tonics, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Bone

6135777714_4dee4d5480_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo Level 2 mage 324 year old male elf (played by legobodgers)

Power: 6 Health: 6/6 Ether: 5/6 Gold: 0

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 4), , opal elemental gem, Bedroll, Tonic, 5 canteens. Plus a 10 gold debt to Ranger Docken. Thats for Sandy's Heroica RPG

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Tormek, Level 2 Cleric (played by Aveal the Black Sheep)

260 years old Male Dwarf Power: 5 Health:10/10 Ether:6/6 Gold: 1

Inventory: Rune Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Remedy, 5 canteens

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Yay! Onto the killing! :sweet: It's been far too long since I killed something! :sweet:

The Grand Guardian looks like an ideal target for my magic (my Darkness magic specifically - being Humanoid), so I shall cast Darkness magic on the Grand Guardian from the back row.

And oooooh! A treasure chest! :wub:

"Maybe someone should dig here" Amorith suggested. "I am all for some more loot"

Can no one hear me? :tongue:

OCC: Sorry about the double post but people in other quests have complained about editing posts.

I shall use my opal on this accursed scarab as it has special power over it.

Uses Opal on Super Scarab from the back row

"I'll trust Nyx to take out the Guard. Since the two of us are the two most powerful in the party, it makes sense for us to target different things. Look how well we compliment each other... Nyx...y, Nyx-y. I wish your name would lend itself to nicknames better. You have so many nice ones for me. :blush: " Boomingham turns to his enemies. "Taste the wrath of Boomingham, king of the long gone and friend of the ol'-timers. I will attack the Super Scarab from the front row!"

"Also, one piece of measly gold what's the good of that! :sadnew: I better be getting that darn gold ring when this is all said and done. I have my heart set on it."

'I will heal Undead Guardian from the back row'

OCC: RIght?He is undead so I can hurt him this away I guess

Correct. Though someone will have to tell me if I calculated damage right, as I've never healed a zombie before. :wacko:

Since Dannylonglegs/Sylph did not post in 24 hours, I would make the party leader choose his actions, though he IS the party leader. :sceptic: So I shall control him, and I guess that means the order of action as well? :shrug_oh_well: Woops, wrong personality. Something more like: :devil_laugh: MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :innocent:

Amorith vs. Scarab – Special Damage

Boomingham vs. Scarab – Special Damage

Sylph vs. Guardian - Hit

Barur vs. Guardian – Special Damage

Nyx vs. Guardian – Critical Hit

The mage Amorith casts a spell on the scarab, but takes special damage. He tries to zap the bug with his spell, but the bug isn't there, he is seeing a mirage, as the end of day is approaching. The scarab is Rushing, and right on top of him. Luckily, he's in the back row, and takes only 3 damage. But he is STUNNED for the next round. Boomingham tries his luck at cutting the insect, but it turns around and crushes him. His shield takes 4 damage, leaving only 2 damage overall, but the pulverizing weight STUNS him for the next round. Sylph heals the undead guardian, causing 13 damage. Barur heals too, but is struck by Special Damage, though because of Barur's cleric abilities, he takes no damage. Nyx, berserker like in her chance for a fight, blows the mummy up into tiny pieces with a ray of darkness. 1 enemy remains.

Enemies:

Super Scarab

Level 10 Earth Beast

Health: 45/45

Party:

ava-sylph.jpg

Power: 10 Health: 15/15 Ether: 10/11 Gold: 37 Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 6), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Bone, 3 canteens, Ring

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 8 Knight (played by Zepher) STUNNED

44 years old Male Human

Power: 15 Health: 15/17 Gold: 24

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 7), Shaduex Shield (SP: 4), 2 Potions, Bedroll, 4 Canteens, Map

Power: 15 Health: 15/15 Ether: 14/15 Gold: 23

Inventory: Dawnstar II (WP: 4), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Sandman's Parasol, 2 Potions, Remedy, 2 Tonics, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Bone

Amorith Marvelo Level 2 mage 324 year old male elf (played by legobodgers) STUNNED

Power: 6 Health: 3/6 Ether: 6/6 Gold: 0

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 4), , opal elemental gem, Bedroll, Tonic, 5 canteens. Plus a 10 gold debt to Ranger Docken. Thats for Sandy's Heroica RPG

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Tormek, Level 2 Cleric (played by Aveal the Black Sheep)

260 years old Male Dwarf Power: 5 Health:10/10 Ether:6/6 Gold: 1

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

Boomingham fumbles around on the ground. "I can't straight see..." he mumbles. "I feel drunk and not in the good way. Fat good of lot... lot of good.... I'll be this round, I'll just sit around while you lot take out that damned beast."

"Hmm, This Scarab did a real number on our heavy hitters! I say we all target the scarab and try to take it down in one round, though I'm totally open to suggestions. Unless there's a disagreement, and you deem it more sensible to remedy Boomingham and Amorith, I'll Attack the Scarab from the front row"

"order of attack:

Nyx

Barur

Sylph

Amorith

Boomingham"

(Ooc: Sorry for being away for 24 hrs. Yesterday I posted at an irregular time.)

"Naw, don't remedy me boy, keep at 'em. Just write down in the records that I'm the one who slayed the beast... isn't someone keeping records? What's happened to all the booze?! Scheherazade! I demand another round! Where is that stinking OGRE! HAHAHAHAHA! She can't correct me here! Where is here? I'm sleepy."

Amorith felt a haze descend across his thoughts, the beast had made him helpless! His fellow heroes would have to battle on without him for this round.

Since there is on enemy left, the round shall be played automatically, and assume the very wise Pandora attacks from the back row.

Nyx vs. Scarab- miss

Barur vs. Scarab – Special Damage

Sylph vs. Scarab- Hit

Nyx's spell flies over the Scarab's head - missing- it burrowed itself underground and suddenly leaps back up and tackles Barur, losing 6 health and is STUNNED for the next round. Fortunately, Sylph hits, causing 13 damage.

Enemies:

Super Scarab

Level 10 Earth Beast

Health: 32/45

Party:

ava-sylph.jpg

Power: 10 Health: 15/15 Ether: 10/11 Gold: 37 Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 6), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Bone, 3 canteens, Ring

IMG_1583-1.jpg

44 years old Male Human

Power: 15 Health: 15/17 Gold: 24

Power: 15 Health: 15/15 Ether: 14/15 Gold: 23

Amorith Marvelo Level 2 mage 324 year old male elf (played by legobodgers)

Power: 6 Health: 3/6 Ether: 5/6 Gold: 0

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Tormek, Level 2 Cleric (played by Aveal the Black Sheep) STUNNED

260 years old Male Dwarf Power: 5 Health:4/10 Ether:6/6 Gold: 1

Those who were stunned may attack again.

OCC: Barur is a cleric so the special damage does not affect him.

I will attack the Super Scarab from the back row with my ice magic.

"Thank you for not finishing him off!" exclaims Boomingham hopping hobbling to his feet. "Hm... I suppose I should attack you from the front row, ey friend? Tell you what, if you die all nice and friendly, I'll take you home and have someone make a shield out of you for me and everyone will remember you."

OCC: Barur is a cleric so the special damage does not affect him.

I will attack the Super Scarab from the back row with my ice magic.

I believe he is affected, as it only doesn't affect him if he is healing an undead monster, I'll go check at the rules right now.

EDIT: Nevermind, you are right! Aveal the Black Sheep- you may attack.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

"Good to have you back mates! I attack the scarab from the front row."

"order of attack:

Nyx

Amorith

Boomingham

Barur

Sylph"

Hurrah, one down, one to go; and Boomers sweetie, I think any records would note that I slayed that particular beast, but who's counting? :tongue:

I shall cast Fire on the Super Scarab from the back row.

Burn in hell, stinky scarab. :angry:

Nyx vs. Scarab – Special Damage

Amorith vs. Scarab – Damage

Boomingham vs. Scarab- Damage

Barur vs. Scarab – Damage/No heal

Sylph vs. Scarab – Crit Hit

Nyx again casts a spell, but the rushing insect makes her panic and gets tackled by the enormous beast. She is STUNNED and loses 3 health (back row). Amorith takes 5 damage (back row). The scarab bites him, the pincers holding onto him until he throws Amorith's limp body to the ground. - Knocked out/0 health. Boomers tries to cut, but too weak from last attempt! He gets hit and loses 10 health from the front row. Barur takes damage and is unable to heal. He loses 10 health (all of it). Sylph intervenes and scores a Critical Hit! Reducing the 32 health bug to 13. 1 enemy remains, and 1 hero is stunned, and 2 are KNOCKED OUT.

Enemies:

Super Scarab

Level 10 Earth Beast

Health: 13/45

Party:

ava-sylph.jpg

IMG_1583-1.jpg

44 years old Male Human

Power: 15 Health: 9/17 Gold: 24

Nyx, Level 11 Mage, 19 years old Female Human (played by Pandora) STUNNED

Power: 15 Health: 9/15 Ether: 14/15 Gold: 23

Amorith Marvelo Level 2 mage 324 year old male elf (played by legobodgers) KO

Power: 6 Health: 0/6 Ether: 5/6 Gold: 0

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Tormek, Level 2 Cleric (played by Aveal the Black Sheep) KO

260 years old Male Dwarf Power: 5 Health:0/10 Ether:6/6 Gold: 1

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul