kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

I'm more excited for the sets than the show. If I knew when the show was going to air, it may be different.

But, honestly, the sets look fantastic. Voltix is easily my favorite out of the villains. As for Heroes, I'm not sure. Stringer's good, but Nex keeps growing on me. After all, I'm a sucker for medic characters. And orange is my favorite color.

Still working on my buying plan. Not sure who I'll get first, and what order I'll get them in. I like to get figures one-by-one as it gives me reletively equal time to play with each of the figures and see how I like them.

As for the TV show, I can wait. I know people say it's the best one, but the HF TV series as a whole just seems... eh. Too kiddy (plus, after seeing Ninjago, HF's show cripples in comparison). Besides, I like making my own stories for Hero Factory. Not saying I don't enjoy watching the characters in action, I'm just saying, it can be improved.

Kalhiki

http://club.lego.com/en-US/insidescoop/InsideScoopDetails.aspx?id=415740

It's good stuff (not quite short stories that we were promised, but if they're regular updates, I can dig it), but I can't make heads or tails of the names "Alpha" and "Omega". Are they team names? Personal names? A first and last name of a particular Recon agent? Anybody have some insights into this?

It wouldn't make sense for them to be a first and last name. The latter name is clearly stated to be a team name Recon Team Alpha", so they should refer to one team.

I'm gonna bet that Alpha is the correct name and Omega was a mistake. "Alpha" is used in the body of the article, which was likely written first, and whoever added the title made an oversight.

I agree with you. The 2012 line is if course a masterpiece (not even talking about the episode) but there are no lines made without a one silly mistake.

For example, I think Nex could be given a bigger role, than just a mechanic. He has always been my favorite hero, and now he is disgusting. The re-build of his 2.0 mask does not give more coolness, it makes him look miserable.The only one hero i appreciate in the summer wave is Bulk. He is fantastic, the cannon gives him his real role.

By the way, Stormer XL is going to be just a little taller than the other heros.

Stormer XL is at least 31 modules tall from what we can measure, so he'll be at least 7 modules taller than the medium-sized hero sets. That's more than "just a little taller" in my book.

Nex's role isn't only as a mechanic, as I see it. He's always been "the tech guy", and that's what the 2012 design continues to evoke. I love the new Nex set though I wish he had at least one hand joint. The redesigned 2.0 helmet for Nex is really cool-looking in my book, at least as cool as Evo's. The fact that the generic texture of the 2.0 helmet's forehead has been replaced with a circuit-board texture that evokes the same overall pattern is a very nice decision on the part of the designers. The only real decision on the Nex set that I'm really iffy about is the choice to give him a white torso rather than an orange one. While I like white returning to his color scheme, the sheer amount of it on the new Nex set is a bit overpowering.

Stormer XL is at least 31 modules tall from what we can measure, so he'll be at least 7 modules taller than the medium-sized hero sets. That's more than "just a little taller" in my book.

Nex's role isn't only as a mechanic, as I see it. He's always been "the tech guy", and that's what the 2012 design continues to evoke. I love the new Nex set though I wish he had at least one hand joint. The redesigned 2.0 helmet for Nex is really cool-looking in my book, at least as cool as Evo's. The fact that the generic texture of the 2.0 helmet's forehead has been replaced with a circuit-board texture that evokes the same overall pattern is a very nice decision on the part of the designers. The only real decision on the Nex set that I'm really iffy about is the choice to give him a white torso rather than an orange one. While I like white returning to his color scheme, the sheer amount of it on the new Nex set is a bit overpowering.

I thought it was established that Nex had a black hand under his gun.

I thought it was established that Nex had a black hand under his gun.

Oh, OK. I had forgotten/overlooked that discussion, I suppose. That's cool then.

Oh, OK. I had forgotten/overlooked that discussion, I suppose. That's cool then.

Even so, I have no idea why TLG made that move, when they had orange hands available for them to use.

Not sure who I'll get first, and what order I'll get them in. I like to get figures one-by-one as it gives me reletively equal time to play with each of the figures and see how I like them.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who purchases HF sets like that. I'll usually pick up one hero and one villain at a time. I like to become familiar with the figures individually, spend time to appreciate their design, and use my imagination until the rest of the team arrives :laugh:

If I were still a kid, I would have no trouble making up stories for the Heroes. But being an adult, having a movie or TV episode to support the figures I have in front of me helps me appreciate them more. It's great seeing them in action. And I always end up thinking to myself, 'Geez, my brother and I would have had a field day with these things when we were kids!!'

Cheers

Well of you look at some pics of Nex's weapon he does have a hand joint. It is holding the blaster.

My guess is sometime between early and mid-July.

Early release dates (Early July) usually get in stock at my TRU a few weeks before the official releases, so I may be able to purchase them in late June. I suppose it's like that at most TRUs?

Honestly I hope it isn't like last year, I had to wait ages for them to come out over here. Well, actually it wasn't that, they were delayed for like a month after a deadline which was really early to begin with.

When did the SP sets come out? I remember it being later in the summer. I hope it's not the same this time around. I want to get my hands on these figures.

Kalhiki

So I just built the combi model for Surge/Splitface. It's pretty cool. It leaves a lot of extra pieces, but I think it helps the overall color scheme that it doesn't use any of Surge's blue.

Earlier in the week my brother Lyichir built the combi model for Evo/Toxic Reapa, which was also impressive and used most of the pieces of both sets. It had the added benefit that it didn't require any of the 2008-style joints from either set to be separated, so there were no worries about joints breaking.

Hey guys, speaking of summer sets- check this page: it seems it has official descriptions for the new sets (excpet Nex and xt4, for some reason)! It's not much since Chols gave us the info back on February, but I think it's nice so read some descriptions with "flavour" ("RED ALERT!" "Cuff him or he could disable all the heroes and bring chaos to the galaxy!" And so on).

I apologize if it's old news.

These are the ones from the Superhero sets, but the parts are more relevant in this topic:

7012333275_6d1a31bdaa.jpg

Very nice! I wonder if you could make some size comparision photos, like comparing the new shin armour with the rounded shoulder armour from the Winter sets and comparing the Hulk chest armour to..I don't know actually- maybe the Drilldozer chestplate? I'm really curious to get an idea of the sizes of the pieces.

Even if you cannot, thanks a lot for all the awesome pictures you're posting.

Edited by Shakar

Hey guys, speaking of summer sets- check this page: it seems it has official descriptions for the new sets (excpet Nex and xt4, for some reason)! It's not much since Chols gave us the info back on February, but I think it's nice so read some descriptions with "flavour" ("RED ALERT!" "Cuff him or he could disable all the heroes and bring chaos to the galaxy!" And so on).

I apologize if it's old news.

Well, those are the same to those Aanchir gave to us. But it seems pretty interesting.

When did the SP sets come out? I remember it being later in the summer. I hope it's not the same this time around. I want to get my hands on these figures.

Kalhiki

They came out during early June in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, early July in the rest of Europe, then mid-July in the US.

So, I noticed this particular page in a Dutch scan of the LEGO mag: http://www.miniland.nl/LEGOclub/magazine%202%202012/20.jpg

Since I didn't get my March copy (and neither did anybody else I know), is this also in the English version? Nobody really seems to give a crap about the LEGO mag anymore, since I had to use the online version to find anything interesting (this obviously isn't on the e-version).

So, I noticed this particular page in a Dutch scan of the LEGO mag: http://www.miniland.nl/LEGOclub/magazine%202%202012/20.jpg

Since I didn't get my March copy (and neither did anybody else I know), is this also in the English version? Nobody really seems to give a crap about the LEGO mag anymore, since I had to use the online version to find anything interesting (this obviously isn't on the e-version).

Well that sounds interesting , but I didn't catch anything.

Yeah, it's in the UK version. Text goes:

HOW TO CREATE YOUR RECON TEAM HERO!

Who are the HERO RECON TEAM?

The eyes and ears of HERO FACTORY, Recon Team gather data from across the galaxy! They identify and analyse threats, often the first line of defence against the robot underworld! Often constructed around their unique black and silver chest plates, they have to be ready for anything, so they utilise the full range of HERO FACTORY's tech...even equipment captured from super-villains!

RECON HERO BUILDER!

Help HERO FACTORY with their online Hero creator! Select from the available tech to activate your unique Recon Team Hero and then join the Recon Team!

1) Add elements

2) Choose component

3) Change colour

4) Unlock the next level

5) Weight counter

There are five processes to unlock. Complete each section to progress:

1) BASIC ARMOUR...add boots, brain, helmet, gauntlets, HERO core and torso.

2) TOOLS...weapons, claws, drills...

3) CLADDING...that classic HERO outer skin. Don't be afraid to mix and match!

4) ACCESSORIES...protective spikes, flamethrowers, heatsinks, extra tools...

5) SAVE YOUR HERO...Send your HERO into action, selecting their mission. You can even show your creation to the galaxy by putting it in the Gallery!

HERO TECH TIPS:

If you seem to be stuck, check for a green icon. It means the Builder needs you to add another element before it can go on!

Don't exceed the weight limit! You may need to go back and remove elements to add something new!

Some tech can only be fitted onto specific parts. If you can't find what you're looking for, remove some previous elements and experiment!

Check the HERO RECON website at herorecon.LEGO.com

And follow the adventures of OMEGA RECON at www.LEGOclub.com!

The number of sentences they manage to end with an exclamation mark is impressive...

Jalaguy

Huh. Well, good to know, I guess, thanks. Just another thing that the US didn't get. Hopefully there will be a decent scan of it at some point.

Odd... I thought the Hero Recon Creator was being closed? Maybe it's being left up for designing and not buying? Or am I missing something? I did just browse through the text.