kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

Come on

Villain factory was a foregone conclusion ever since they named the theme Hero Factory.

I wouldn't be shocked to find that 2013-1 is the last wave for HF.

Who says that 2013 will even feature Von Nebula or the "Villain Factory"? He'll need to build the thing, get the systems working, and begin mass-producing villains. That's going to take a hell of a long time, even with HF blueprints. I think it will draw out the suspense if he returns later, too.

Helmets. I would say, what if the helmets are somehow three thirds of Von Nebula.

I don't follow that brand of logic. By that reasoning, X-Women would have been a foregone conclusion as soon as X-Men was developed,

No, because X-men includes women. But the brother hood was a foregone conclusion ever since a team of good mutants appeared.

Matoran Nuva would have been a foregone conclusion as soon as there were Toa Nuva

Evil matoran were a foregone conclusion though. And it worked.

Not interested in disproving more straw men.

Who says that 2013 will even feature Von Nebula or the "Villain Factory"? He'll need to build the thing, get the systems working, and begin mass-producing villains. That's going to take a hell of a long time, even with HF blueprints. I think it will draw out the suspense if he returns later, too.

I am not afirming it will end in 2013-1, I am just saying it wouldn't surprise me. A time skip fixes all of that.

Edited by vexorian

I am not afirming it will end in 2013-1, I am just saying it wouldn't surprise me. A time skip fixes all of that.

Although such a skip would seem totally convoluted and unnatural as the theme has never done it before between waves.

Edited by Omicron Squad Leader

Or you could just make Von Nebula finish all of that in a month. Because he is Von Nebula.

I don't think he has any powers that could do so. Again, I'd prefer his true return to come later anyway.

EDIT: Unless he used his Black Hole Orb Staff to create a wormhole to the future? *huh* Dun, dun, dun!

Although such a skip would seem totally convoluted and unnatural as the theme has never done it before between waves.

I might just be remembering something incorrectly, but to me it seemed implied that Savage Planet took place quite a long time after Ordeal of Fire...

A Villain Factory seems like a strange idea but I think it could work. I would really like to see a wave where the Heroes fight the produced robots of such a factory.

Is it just me or is the story getting way better than it was for the first year and a half?

In my opinion, Hero Factory did get better as each storyline progressed. It started meh with the late-2009 story, but now with Breakout it's really great! I'm really interested in

Von Nebula's return.

I'm so excited. ^w^

And Black Phantom and Speeda Demon are tied for my favourite villains so far, followed by Splitface.

Well I suppose you will change your mind about Black Phantom when you will watch the second part:

Part 1

Part 2

Well in the end you really see Nebula's hand so it's pretty obvious now that he will return. :classic:

Yes, that would help. :classic:

I might just be remembering something incorrectly, but to me it seemed implied that Savage Planet took place quite a long time after Ordeal of Fire...

I got the impression that it took place around a week or so after, when all heroes had been upgraded.

I got the impression that it took place around a week or so after, when all heroes had been upgraded.

The only problem is that Makuro said it would take a couple months to get everybody upgraded.

Not interested in disproving more straw men.

I apologize if my claims seemed like straw man arguments, but it still seems outright ludicrous to me that every good character, location, or concept is destined to get an evil counterpart. You call this a "foregone conclusion" with nothing to back up your claim. Is a Villain Recon Team also a foregone conclusion, then? If this example is also a "straw man" argument, then explain to me why the concepts of a "Villain Factory" and "Villain Recon Team" are not truly comparable, because to me they seem to follow the exact same chain of reasoning.

Glad I saw the second part. Do we know how many parts are scheduled?

Edit: Black Phantom sounds more menacing in the German version. :tongue:

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

The only problem is that Makuro said it would take a couple months to get everybody upgraded.

*He said to perfect the technology, to make it safe, would take 2-3 months, not upgrading all heroes. That was before Stormer, Furno and Breez 2.0 proved that it was sufficiently advanced and safe enough already. Daniela Capricorn even said, right at the end, "there you have it folks, with Surge commended for his valour, and THE UPGRADE ROLLED OUT THROUGH THE HERO TEAMS, we enter a new era of crime-fighting and justice".

Glad I saw the second part. Do we know how many parts are scheduled?

Edit: Black Phantom sounds more menacing in the German version. :tongue:

That was the final part.

Also, I don't think we've heard enough of the English dub to make that judgement, IMO. :tongue:

He said to perfect the technology, to make it safe, would take 2-3 months, not upgrading all heroes. That was before Stormer, Furno and Breez 2.0 proved that it was already sufficiently advanced and safe enough already. Daniela Capricorn even said, right at the end, "there you have it folks, with Surge commended for his valour, and THE UPGRADE ROLLED OUT THROUGH THE HERO TEAMS, we enter a new era of crime-fighting and justice".

Bear in mind the gap between Ordeal of Fire and Savage Planet has to be long enough for Rocka to be built, and rack up an impressive capture record. It wasn't explicitly said he was built after the upgrade, but he's described as "the newest rookie from Hero Factory's extensive production facility" in his website bio, which basically confirms it. Also, Aldous Witch's betrayal took place between the two episodes too, since the heroes are in 2.0 form in the flashback.

Jalaguy

There will likely be a summer episode, you know.

While that may have been the final episode of the initial Breakout two-parter, that's not to say it's the final episode for the entire year.

Edited by Mesonak

There will likely be a summer episode, you know.

While that may have been the final episode of the initial Breakout two-parter, that's not to say it's the final episode for the entire year.

Ah, I wouldn't know that as I always watch the episodes on YouTube after they've aired.

Hmm. The episodes aren't up on Youtube in English yet, right?

Nope. We got the english episode only in april last year. So it's pretty obvious that they're not on You Tube yet. :wink:

Bear in mind the gap between Ordeal of Fire and Savage Planet has to be long enough for Rocka to be built, and rack up an impressive capture record. It wasn't explicitly said he was built after the upgrade, but he's described as "the newest rookie from Hero Factory's extensive production facility" in his website bio, which basically confirms it. Also, Aldous Witch's betrayal took place between the two episodes too, since the heroes are in 2.0 form in the flashback.

Jalaguy

True. Although I think that could've happened (at the least) within a month or two, since heroes are on mission usually every day, which could've allowed Rocka to gain his reputation in that amount of time, and Aldous could've deserted at any time, I guess. However, I think it would take (again, at the least) 3/4 of a year to build an entire "Villain Factory", as it looks like Von Nebula is planning to do.

By the way, welcome to Eurobricks! :grin:

True. Although I think that could've happened (at the least) within a month or two, since heroes are on mission usually every day, which could've allowed Rocka to gain his reputation in that amount of time, and Aldous could've deserted at any time, I guess. However, I think it would take (again, at the least) 3/4 of a year to build an entire "Villain Factory", as it looks like Von Nebula is planning to do.

By the way, welcome to Eurobricks! :grin:

Okay just to add to this discussion, let me write up a timeline:

-Rise of the Rookies-Has to take place quite a while after the Factory is built, because the Alpha Team (Presumably the first Heroes built) already has a huge reputation as the best.

-Ordeal of Fire-Here we see Furno and Breez/to a lesser extent Surge acting more mature and experienced, I assume around 3 months or so after RotR.

-Timespan in which Rocka is built, Aldous deserts, upgrade is spread to all Heroes

-Savage Planet-Here we see Furno acting as more of a leader, so I'm beginning to think a few (2-5) months after OoF.

-Breakout-Upgraded again, I think 4-5 months after SP.

All in all, HF covers a span of 1 year or so, maybe more.

Well, considering the theory of Villain Factory, allow me to add to that theory my guess.

I think Von Nebula is going to create undercover heroes to destroy Hero Factory from the inside out, which would probably explain Core Hunter's role.