Sign in to follow this  
Brickviller

WIP: New Central Station

Hi and goodday

Maybe some of you know my city, it's called Canalview (there's a link in my signature) anyway,

half a year ago I started with designing and sketching a new big central station for my small city.

But because it was december, and bought way to much, I was not able to realize the plan.

However since a few weeks I finnaly started building, and the main structure/frame is mostly finished.

But remeber that everything needs a bit more polished :laugh:

station_wip_1.jpg

After a few PaB orders for parts the station finnaly got a decent shape.

But I still need a huge amount of glass to finish everything :sceptic:

station_wip_2.jpg

Inside the station is a small restaurant from the public transport set, and a small kiosk of the

latest train station. In the middle is a fountain with bricks that are special to me. Like the 2004 red

Lego Fabrik bricks, and the lime and light blue bricks, that by then were the only bricks in my collection

with that color. I always like to talk about precious childhood memories, but this is not the place for that :blush:

station_wip_3.jpg

Another overview

station_wip_4.jpg

One of the more clearer images of the large hall. In the background you can see yellow tiles

with black arrows, these indicate the stairs towards the trains underneath the station.

station_wip_5.jpg

The main entrance of the station, I used the station set from 2004 to construct this part of the building.

station_wip_6.jpg

Inside is the control room, to make shure every train get's on the station within time

station_wip_7.jpg

The first hall, here people can buy tickets and leave their laguage safe.

station_wip_8.jpg

The floor with the trains

station_wip_9.jpg

And the other side where the ICE train is stationed.

Thanks for watching. however finishing the building will take more time than I expected.

I really need to cut my budget since I bhough a little to much last year. Also with the new Dino

sets comming this winter, most money will be spend on that line, since City is kinda a letdown for me.

I hope it can be finished in a year, but that depends if the Dino line gets another wave :tongue:

Advice is always apreciated :classic:

I like the two-storey layout, makes me want to rebuild my 12v station in that fashion, but I'd need awhole lot of support pillars :D

- Sok.

Okay this, this is massive. Lego tends to make small buildings, with just enough detail to get by. But this, this is the size a trap station would be in this world. Not only is there a resturent on top, but it is wide enough for two landings and two tracks. Your entire city is incredibly massive, yet detail fills every nock. With such a vast city, I have to wonder if there is any living space left. Either way, I don't see any issues, aside from some camera shots.

With such a vast city, I have to wonder if there is any living space left. Either way, I don't see any issues, aside from some camera shots.

yes there is, the entire layout takes about 30% of my entire room, still because it's on a table, can store much underneath it, like more Lego :laugh: But I try to not to buy anything until the new Dino sets come out

Edited by Brickviller