DLuders

Diet Coke + Mentos LEGO Car Hits 25 MPH (40 km/h)

As reported on the Technobob website:

"Diet Coke and Mentos LEGO Car Hits 25 MPH"

"The whole Diet Coke and Mentos thing is long past its prime, but that doesn’t mean the powerful, fizzy reaction isn’t always going to be great fun to play with.

"Mikael Nyberg and a team of engineers at Finland’s Abo Akademi University Department of Chemical Engineering have harnessed the intense energy of Diet Coke (or in this case Coca-Cola Light) and Mentos to power tiny cars.

"These little LEGO cars are powered by the fizzy compressed gas which bursts through a nozzle and causes a spool of fishing line to spin. This, fishing line in turn pulls the LEGO cars along the ground at a high rate of speed.

"Top speed for cars pulled by their system – dubbed the “CoMet Machine” – is 40 km/h (~25 MPH). See it in action in the

below:"

diet_coke_mentos_lego_cars.jpg

Haha... that's cool! I bet they were really excited when planning and building this.

In the end of video:

"Vill du också bli diplomingenjör?" = do you want to be M.Sc. too? (free translation)

Edited by Finntech

Ah that was awesome. I'll almost makes me want to see this kind of thing become a community event at brick cons. :sweet: