Sign in to follow this  
Brickdoctor

[MOC] Aquanaut Speeder Bike

6118947420_6ab1bdeec5_b.jpg

Whipped this one up for the Underwater Action Theme Month, to use as a Aquanaut-themed version of my avatar:

ava-underwater.png

Among other things,

-Yellow and black color scheme, as opposed to brown and black.

-Harpoon instead of blaster cannon.

-Propeller-driven

-Crystal holder instead of pack.

6118947804_c2b273af83_b.jpg

Finished September 2011; C&C welcome; thanks for looking! :classic:

Now that was a fast 'knee-jerk' build, just hours after the underwater themed month was announced you were able to whip up this very nice little creation! I love how both the Aquanot and SW elements perfectly mesh in this speeder bike. Very well done! :thumbup:

Thanks, everyone. :classic:

Now that was a fast 'knee-jerk' build, just hours after the underwater themed month was announced you were able to whip up this very nice little creation! I love how both the Aquanot and SW elements perfectly mesh in this speeder bike. Very well done! :thumbup:

Yup. Speeder bikes are nice and quick once you've got the basic core design down and you're just doing another version of a previous one. Which is great, because it means you can let the imagination run wild instead of constantly worrying about connections.

This is the speeder bike they should use underwater in the ne CW series :laugh:

Thanks, but I disagree. Star Wars has had enough of color schemes dominated by bright yellow.

initially I thought that adding a magnet with a crystal box might have been more TLG-ish - and then I remembered that this is not an actual set - and that is really a shame! The whole MOC is a small thing of beauty!

initially I thought that adding a magnet with a crystal box might have been more TLG-ish - and then I remembered that this is not an actual set - and that is really a shame! The whole MOC is a small thing of beauty!

I considered that, but the box was too bulky, and the bike looked terribly off-balance with an arm on it, so instead, I went with the claw to hold the crystal.

Nice creation, it is easily recognizable as a speeder. Although the speeder's influence is heavy, the subtle changes really complete the change from hover bike to aquatic scooter. The only thing that annoys me is how high the crystal claw sticks up, it seems a little big. Regardless this is a great creation, by the way what holds his legs to the bike?

by the way what holds his legs to the bike?

Rubber band threaded through the leg holes and around a bar between the front and back halves of the speeder.

Hello!

There are many unusual connections here, enabling the slim construction of the aqua bike. So I think they're well applied here. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher