Sign in to follow this  
tootsman10

WIP-Costal Town

indexed.gif B-OV-9E

Ive been working on my first ever coastal town, so far ive used up a lot of my black 2x4's on the base and tiles doing the road. Im thinking about covering the black studs with 1x1 dark Grey and light Grey tiles doing a checker pattern. Comments and criticism are always appreciated and welcome thanks.

477.jpg

482.jpg

Edited by Phred
Add images to Brickshelf Links

Well, it's pretty good, except to me there is too much black in parts, no other colours to offset all that black to the right hand side, well besides a bit of grey/white. :wink:

Interesting designing anyway, I can't wait to see the end result.

Brick On 'tootsman10' ! :classic:

I agree with Lightningtiger on the black but overall it's an excellent MOC. There is a lot going on in such a small space which I really like. I'll be very interested to see the final results. Nice work!

Well, it's pretty good, except to me there is too much black in parts, no other colours to offset all that black to the right hand side, well besides a bit of grey/white. :wink:

I agree about too much black. It's still a good MOC though, and thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

I would use a lighter color that works for you just like the checkered pattern you mentioned. In my MOCs with a lot of black, I think it helps to use some dark gray or bley in very detailed areas. Otherwise its hard to see any significant detail in a large black area.

This MOC seems very complete already, what else do you plan on doing besides possibly tiling some of the black?

In the future if you were to down-size your photos to 800X600 pixels before uploading them to brickshelf, you could place your pictures right on the forum. I had down-sized your two pics and added them to your brickshelf links for this MOC. People, including myself, are sometimes lazy and won't even bother going into a brickshelf folder link. You'll typically get more feedback if you were able to post a down-sized pic in your topics.

Great MOC, like said above there is a bit too much Black, try using Tan and Bluish Gray :)

All it needs now is some small fishing boats

Thank you for the kind words! I do plan on doing a checkered pattern with light and dark grey 1x1 tiles, and I think im getting rid of the whole entire left part because I dont think it fits with the style of the other buildings. I want to put a beach on the left side and do what you said by putting boats in the MOC.

Thank you for the kind words! I do plan on doing a checkered pattern with light and dark grey 1x1 tiles, and I think im getting rid of the whole entire left part because I dont think it fits with the style of the other buildings. I want to put a beach on the left side and do what you said by putting boats in the MOC.

You're welcome :) It's a good MOC though. The checkered pattern sounds good with the 1x1 tiles sounds like a good idea.

Epic MOC! I wouldn’t say there’s too much black, but too little other colors for relief, as Lightningtiger mentioned.