Sign in to follow this  
Bjornu

Artillery Battery

Hello again,

Today I finished my new MOC: Bjornu's Artillery Battery Near Fortress "De Ruyter".

I'm pretty happy about the results, this MOC contain the new Cannons I made.

Well here are 2 pictures:

snc00461.jpg

snc00475.jpg

And as always I add a video, Sit back and enjoy the rest of the pictures!:

If You Double click the video, You will watch it on youtube --> I receive View counters for that

I hope you enjoyed my MOC, please leave a Comment ( but remind, I'm not going to change anything)

Greetz Bjornu

Great job, even with all the landscaping it still looks very classic. There are a few things I would add, but these are only suggestions. 1) More cannons. Maybe two more? 2) For a "new" battery, it looks too ramshackle, maybe you could finish off the ruined buildings.

I like it though, it really feels like a shore battery and if De Ruyter wasn't salvaged for this you should take some pics together. :pir-sweet:

Edit: Your painted figs look great :thumbup: .

Edited by Skipper

NOoooo!!! De Ruyter has been disassembled??!!

This is a good looking MOC on its own still, like the shooting range- need to incorporate that for my fort, for the new recruits that sign up in the bluecoat camp everyday!

Maybe you could continue further on the MOC by finishing up the ruined white buildings as Skipper has suggested? makes for a nice comic storyline on itself too. repairing and upgrading a shore battery. May i suggest something like a gatehouse with portcullis/ giant brown door for the lower building, and a outcrop bastion with 1 or 2 more cannons for the upper left corner building?

NOoooo!!! De Ruyter has been disassembled??!!

This is a good looking MOC on its own still, like the shooting range- need to incorporate that for my fort, for the new recruits that sign up in the bluecoat camp everyday!

Maybe you could continue further on the MOC by finishing up the ruined white buildings as Skipper has suggested? makes for a nice comic storyline on itself too. repairing and upgrading a shore battery. May i suggest something like a gatehouse with portcullis/ giant brown door for the lower building, and a outcrop bastion with 1 or 2 more cannons for the upper left corner building?

It looks like people mistake Fortress De ruyter with this place, This battery is Near fortress De ruyter and goods are salvaged from the old ruins that were left from the outpost that was there ( not bluecoat outpost also)

+

About the amount of Batteries, i'm picturing a part of the battery line around fortress De Ruyter in this MOC.

So imagine: This is one of the many batteries that are on the shorelines...

And about my MOC Storyline after I built a MOC I make pictures of it and a videoclip, when thats done I break everything up so I don't have to buy thousands of legoes..

In the storyline My MOCs still excist, but it will happen I build a new MOC on the same spot...

I hope that is clear to you guys now? :pir_laugh2:

thanks for the support and comments!

Greetz Bjornu

Nice, but just out of curiosity: how were they being able to put planks on the ouside of the windows in the ruins?? :imperialguard_commander1:

This is really nice, I love the ruins mixed into the cliff, it adds a nice spice of variation.

p.s also love the cannons and minifig poses

Brilliant Moc :thumbup:

This is beautiful. I think that the ruined buildings are great. They look very realistic and I can easily imagine where the original building was.

Two guns is plenty in a raised battery like this. I like that you didn't just pack in a huge number of guns.

I like how anyone attacking the battery will be exposed while they come up the steps, but anyone retreating to it will be protected from fire from the outside.

The only thing I might have done differently would be to make the embrasures for the guns a bit more filled in, right now they are a little bit exposed. However, it would also hide some of the detail.

I think any attacking ship would be very wary of your red hot shot!

Nice, but just out of curiosity: how were they being able to put planks on the ouside of the windows in the ruins?? :imperialguard_commander1:

Sticking it through the window and then pull it back ?

That is a good question, but some official lego sets do have a 2nd floor but no stairs it's the same "little mistake".

Thanks for commenting everybody !

This MOC is so nice, it is having such a classic feel with these old ruins from the outpost you described. :pir_laugh2:

I'm always waiting if there is a MOC that you made, I also watch your pirate series on Youtube.

Just like tomcatrio and you we all love bluecoats!

I think the bluecoats are having an advantage now this battery is built near your fortress.

Do you have new plans in mind already?

Tib

This MOC is so nice, it is having such a classic feel with these old ruins from the outpost you described. :pir_laugh2:

I'm always waiting if there is a MOC that you made, I also watch your pirate series on Youtube.

Just like tomcatrio and you we all love bluecoats!

I think the bluecoats are having an advantage now this battery is built near your fortress.

Do you have new plans in mind already?

Tib

Thanks for watching my series, i'm glad someone is watching the whole serie. :pir_laugh2:

About the new plans: I'm planning to create some sort of training camp/ barrack for new bluecoats.

Other plans could be: a Coinsmith/ tax office, a Gunsmith "vignette" and maybe a pirate MOC again.

But about the coinsmith: I ordered many lego coins and I would like to show this big amount of lego valuables...

So then a story goes like this: fresh gold is transported to the coinsmith, and inside the gold coins are made and exported to the Bluecoat cities, ofcourse bjornu gets a part of the coins because this gold is found by him...

:pir_laugh2:

why did I only look now to this topic, its a very nice battery, I like the history this piece seems to show, it looks like the battery is placed on a spot there where buildings before, the ruïns look very convincing.

I also agree that two guns looks good, even if you think that there are more batteries spread out around the fortress.

I only would have increased the hight of the breast work a bit, you could have done it by adding some masonry on top of the natural rock, or sandbags, although the last may be a bit difficult to do with bricks.

all in all I'm looking forward to your next project in the 'de Ruyter' series :)

Bart

Looking good! I really like the hint of old classic pirates in the ruins, nicely done. The cliff is a good basic shape, but maybe you could make it look a bit more natural if you added some plates and slopes to get rid of the 'blockyness'. Other then that, the beach looks nice and the cannons look menacing enough to keep pirates away, although it wont stop my crew from attacking :pirate_skel1:

Nice work!

DC

why did I only look now to this topic, its a very nice battery, I like the history this piece seems to show, it looks like the battery is placed on a spot there where buildings before, the ruïns look very convincing.

I also agree that two guns looks good, even if you think that there are more batteries spread out around the fortress.

I only would have increased the hight of the breast work a bit, you could have done it by adding some masonry on top of the natural rock, or sandbags, although the last may be a bit difficult to do with bricks.

all in all I'm looking forward to your next project in the 'de Ruyter' series :)

Bart

And many MOCs will come, if I have the time to build them. :pir_laugh2:

But I did not get the "increase hight of the Breast work" line.

About the Adding of masonry or natural rock/ sandbags, the battery was excavated, so actually there is no need for there.

Imagine it's excavated in pretty hard rock, so it's a sturdy wall in front of the cannons. :pir_laugh2:

Thanks for your comment,

Groetjes Bjorn

Thanks for watching my series, i'm glad someone is watching the whole serie. :pir_laugh2:

About the new plans: I'm planning to create some sort of training camp/ barrack for new bluecoats.

Other plans could be: a Coinsmith/ tax office, a Gunsmith "vignette" and maybe a pirate MOC again.

But about the coinsmith: I ordered many lego coins and I would like to show this big amount of lego valuables...

So then a story goes like this: fresh gold is transported to the coinsmith, and inside the gold coins are made and exported to the Bluecoat cities, ofcourse bjornu gets a part of the coins because this gold is found by him...

:pir_laugh2:

I guess a Coinsmith would be great, but I can't imagine yet how a coinsmith should look like... :pir_wacko:

Well, whatever you'r going to build, I'll wait for it! :pir_laugh2:

Good luck on your MOC.

Tib

(...)but I can't imagine yet how a coinsmith should look like (...)

furnace for melting gold,

mould for the coins,

anvil and hammer

big fire,

a smithy

I imagine that is a starter ;p

Bart

furnace for melting gold,

mould for the coins,

anvil and hammer

big fire,

a smithy

I imagine that is a starter ;p

Bart

Indeed bart, I guess that was pretty much everything I wanted to include.

There also will be guards, and a treasure room ofcourse.

Well, it's a fresh idea so I guess I'm going to separate The battery soon, and use the bricks for the upcoming Coinsmith!

Greetz Bjornu