Sign in to follow this  
Captain BeerBeard

An Old Vagabond Gaiden MOC: Part 2

I spent a bit of time on this one. I now have an official title for this since I will be keeping the story going. I'm really proud of my action scenes this time. I hope you all enjoy this one. Comments and criticism are welcome!

ninja_attack.1_014.jpg

ninja_attack.1_023.jpg

This poor ninja goes for a jump kick only to get grabed and flung onto a cut bamboo tree!

ninja_attack.1_029.jpg

ninja_attack.1_030.jpg

death_spike.jpg

This foolish ninja rushes at the old man only to feel his flying death slice!

ninja_attack.1_032.1.jpg

The third ninja drops out of the tree only to get stabbed.

ninja_attack.1_033.1.jpg

look at that swing!

ninja_attack.1_034.1.jpg

Give the ninja a hand! :sarcasm_hmpf:

ninja_attack.1_035.1.jpg

That man had to appear. "What are you doing here, Jizoo?" questioned the old man.

ninja_attack.1_036.jpg

Jizoo throws a ninja smoke bomb and runs away! The old man wonders why Jizoo was following him.

ninja_attack.1_039smoke.jpg

"Until we meet again.." old man thinks.

ninja_attack.1_042.1.jpg

Here is a clean pic of my landscape.

ninja_attack.1_046.jpg

Upcoming characters

ninja_attack.1_049.jpg

ninja_attack.1_048.jpg

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

Good job! :thumbup:

The forest looks even more fantastic this time, and so do the blood effects.

Also, kudos on changing the vagabond's head. He looks very much like a washed-up old samurai.

Bluebeard, out-

Nice little MOC you got there :thumbup: . The build, graphic elements and look of the Old Man have definitely improved over your last MOC.

The story of the old guy, overwhelming and killing his opponents in a bloody combat reminds me of Zatoichi. Zatoichi is a fictional Japanese character, a blind masseur/retired samurai who travels around the country to help defenselss peasants. He kills all opposition with his blade, which is hidden in his walking cane. Here's a good movie about the character. It's the only movie I've seen about Zatoichi, but apparently there's hundreds of movies and stories out there about him.

It also made me think of the 'Ninjai: the Little Ninja' flash series. You can view all chapters for free here. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out, maybe it might even inspire you :laugh: !

Hehe, nice use of Paint here :p

I love the little story you've added to the MOC here...

Good job! :thumbup:

The forest looks even more fantastic this time, and so do the blood effects.

Also, kudos on changing the vagabond's head. He looks very much like a washed-up old samurai.

Bluebeard, out-

Thank you, Bluebeard. I'm glad you like the new head. I like it a lot more, too.

Nice little MOC you got there :thumbup: . The build, graphic elements and look of the Old Man have definitely improved over your last MOC.

The story of the old guy, overwhelming and killing his opponents in a bloody combat reminds me of Zatoichi. Zatoichi is a fictional Japanese character, a blind masseur/retired samurai who travels around the country to help defenselss peasants. He kills all opposition with his blade, which is hidden in his walking cane. Here's a good movie about the character. It's the only movie I've seen about Zatoichi, but apparently there's hundreds of movies and stories out there about him.

It also made me think of the 'Ninjai: the Little Ninja' flash series. You can view all chapters for free here. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out, maybe it might even inspire you :laugh: !

Funny you mention "Zatoichi" because that movie is what got me to finish this moc. I have owned that version since around '04. I will keep trying to improve as my collection grows. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I'll check out "Ninjai". :thumbup:

Nice! I like this one too, but you cant beet the ninja in the water on the last one :tongue:

Thanks, Serge. I'm glad you like this one,too. I'll beat that ninja in the water. I can't give you everything right away. :grin:

Hehe, nice use of Paint here :p

I love the little story you've added to the MOC here...

Thank you, Rhynix. I will be going more in depth with the story in the future. For the time being I just want to build up some mystery and body count. :grin:

Good job, BeerBeard. :thumbup:

I really like the looks of the vignette itself, and the ninja's look very menacing.

The combination of minifigure parts is great, too.

Looking forward to the next part. :wink: