Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Both.

:shrug_confused:OoC: I just thought it sounded like it'd be a fun diversion.
"I went through a little bit of it, but to be fair, its not very different than the rest of Eubric - poor houses, bars, and weird temples. Oh, and docks, but there's no water at Way's End, so there are no docks..."

"Yep, that's Eubric for you. Poor houses, bars, and weird temples. Lots of weird temples..."

"And even weirder gods... They got a version of Ennoc with a frog for a head?

What's even weirder is that I've heard that some heroes have even run into gods before, or people who called themselves gods, but that don't make any sense. Gods are gods. They exist up there-" Terry points up... "and we exist down here."

"I once ran into a being that some might have called a god...actually, I've run into two of them - although neither called themselves a god. But they were very definitely higher beings, at the very least..."

"I once ran into a being that some might have called a god...actually, I've run into two of them - although neither called themselves a god. But they were very definitely higher beings, at the very least..."

"Well, uh, at least they were humble? If I keep going on quests, any chance I'd have the misfortune of pissing one off?"

"Well, uh, at least they were humble? If I keep going on quests, any chance I'd have the misfortune of pissing one off?"

"Not unless it was a pretty grumpy god to start with. You give off too humble a demeanor to really tick anyone off, I should think..."

"Not unless it was a pretty grumpy god to start with. You give off too humble a demeanor to really tick anyone off, I should think..."

I jerk a thumb towards Jinnipher.

"More annoy than tick off, but you get the idea..."

"O-kay...please don't tell me you're possessed or...like...carrying one..."

"Do I look possessed to... ugh, scratch that thought and just follow me. I know a place we can go." Karie walks to the doors, motioning to Pretzel. "If you're coming follow me. I figure we'll step outside and go to the Albatros. One of the safest places in Eubric. You coming?"

Calamity enters the hall, looks around, eventually settling on sitting down next to a few other denizens of the hall. Ordering a sweet smelling murky liquid. She asks in general: "Stop the bad guy or save the inconsequential bad guy's friend, but the bad guy gets away?"

Edited by Scubacarrot

"Do I look possessed to... ugh, scratch that thought and just follow me. I know a place we can go." Karie walks to the doors, motioning to Pretzel. "If you're coming follow me. I figure we'll step outside and go to the Albatros. One of the safest places in Eubric. You coming?"

"What is this about? What is the need for the secrecy? Why would we need to go to one of the 'safest places in Eubric? Besides, it's probably better that we don't go anywhere too 'secret' alone."

I shuffle my feet about uncomfortably.

Calamity enters the hall, looks around, eventually settling on sitting down next to a few other denizens of the hall. Ordering a sweet smelling murky liquid. She asks in general: "Stop the bad guy or save the inconsequential bad guy's friend, but the bad guy gets away?"

"If the bad guy is more of a threat than the friend has potential for good, then of course, stop the bad guy," I say quickly, before following Karie out of the hall.

Edited by Palathadric

Karie drags Pretzel out the door and out onto the front lawn at the first sign of Calamity. She leads him to the side of the building.

"Okay, look. That woman you just responded too? She's a cultist. A demon worshipping cultist. She straight up told me she's sacrificed people and that the skull on her staff is of a farmer she's sacrificed. If I know you like I think I know you, me and you are in a mutually agreeable situation that she, being Calamity, needs to either get her shit together and repent or find her way into a six foot hole in the ground. You're the expert when it comes to demons, and that's why I've come to you. You following me?" Karie asked, sounding genuinely worried. There was a glint of paranoia in her eyes.

"Wait, wait, calm down. Are you sure about this? She didn't look too evil and I didn't see any skull staff, but I guess I didn't give more than a glance in her direction. Sowing discord in the hall is dangerous. I will certainly need proof of her evil before acting. Again, I have to inform you that, unfortunate as it is, with all the villains creeping these halls, heroes do have the heroic protection, no matter how bad they are. It is why I have never been able to rid the hall of all the vampires, devils, and undead that have prowled our halls. Still, I am sure there is something we can do if the case is as serious as you are making it out to be. What else do you know of her?"

"Are you familiar with the Regret, Pretzel? She found the unforgivable sod "exciting" at the mention of his acts of torture and death. She also mentioned summoning, so I can only assume she's been summoning demons, or has a desire to. She has a fascination with evil. If I remember correctly the skull on her staff was the result of a ritual in which a demon traded this man's life for food. She's probably been doing this stuff behind closed doors! I do not want, and refuse to allow this hall to turn into the Academy of Enlightenment two-point-o because some demon worshipping brat opened a doorway to hell. I'd rather be someone's meat puppet than be put through that bloody experience again." Karie announces, looking determined and bitter.

I look at Karie somewhat stupefied.

"Surely, you cannot be serious." is all I can get out.

I look at Karie somewhat stupefied.

"Surely, you cannot be serious." is all I can get out.

Karie frowns, an aura of anxiousness gushing out as she looks around nervously. "I'm afraid not. There's traitors and rapscallions in the hall, but demon worshippers is where I draw the line. I've just about had it to here with these freaky demons, and I'm not having someone summoning them in this hall. The house's can have their squabble, if Heroica falls, this city is toast, and having demon worshippers among us is not going to do any of us any good.

Are you with me on this, Pretzel?"

"You don't know what you're talking about, minstrel. Why are you so quick to judge someone you've spoken to once, refusing to hear them out fully, instead running away and demanding their head on a pike. You remind me of that uptight bitch, Annie Anavar."

"You don't know what you're talking about, minstrel. Why are you so quick to judge someone you've spoken to once, refusing to hear them out fully, instead running away and demanding their head on a pike. You remind me of that uptight bitch, Annie Anavar."

Karie turned around to notice Calamity had followed her and Pretzel outside. She scowls.

"Well, Monk Pretzel, you wanted to learn about Calamity, her she is. In the flesh." Karie brings her guitar to her front, fingers on the strings. "You want to explain yourself, go ahead. Otherwise I suggest you leave."

Edited by Kintobor

A very loud, unwanted voice suddenly resounded through the air. "Do NOT speak of Miss Anaver with such low language!"

A second uncalled-for guest had followed the duo outside - in this case, following the strange mage, with the skull on her staff.

Karie turned around to notice Calamity had followed her and Pretzel outside. She scowls.

"Well, Monk Pretzel, you wanted to learn about Calamity, her she is. In the flesh." Karie brings her guitar to her front, fingers on the strings. "You want to explain yourself, go ahead. Otherwise I suggest you leave."

"...Not that I was invited, but what's going on? Is this an interview, or an inquisition?" Edited by Lind Whisperer

"By God, what are you people, spies? We go out for the specific reason of holding a private discourse away from the ears of those within the hall and we are followed by not one, but two peeping toms."

Turning and looking sternly down on Calamity, I query.

"Are you truly a demon worshiper?"

"By God, what are you people, spies? We go out for the specific reason of holding a private discourse away from the ears of those within the hall and we are followed by not one, but two peeping toms."

"For a priest, you sure swear a lot. And I was following the strange person with the skull on her staff, to see where she was slipping away to, not the two of you. If she hadn't wandered here, I wouldn't have."

"For one, I am not a priest. Secondly, what does my being a priest have to do with swearing. All God-fearing men must swear fealty to Him."

"For one, I am not a priest. Secondly, what does my being a priest have to do with swearing. All God-fearing men must swear fealty to Him."

"That's a different kind of swearing."

"Worshipping a demon sounds like the most pointless thing."

"...So is that a yes, or a no?"

A very loud, unwanted voice suddenly resounded through the air. "Do NOT speak of Miss Anaver with such low language!"

Calamity snorts: "At least I know her name. You her boyfriend?"

"...So is that a yes, or a no?"

"Anyone with two brainhalves could tell you that was a no, loverboy."

I watch the exchange silently, annoyed by everything.