Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"I've only met one crowd of the Wolfgang, but their leader certainly wasn't charismatic..."

"My apologies Lind, but ya considered a fallen soddin' celestial with plans for world micromanagement to be charismatic." Edited by Waterbrick Down

"My apologies Lind, but ya considered a fallen soddin' celestial with plans for world micromanagement to be charismatic."

"He wasn't a washed-up werekin with no pride or honor."

"Just 'cause he ain't human doesn't mean he's without those things. 'Sides, ya just said yerself ya haven't met Ulric."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

"Just 'cause he ain't human doesn't mean he's without those things.

"If he had been a Munchkin, I'd have described him the same way."
'Sides, ya just said yerself ya haven't met Ulric."

"True, but you have to keep in mind just who's claiming to follow someone. A person's followers can say a lot about that person. It all has to be taken with a big spoonful of salt, but still..."

"If he had been a Munchkin, I'd have described him the same way.""True, but you have to keep in mind just who's claiming to follow someone. A person's followers can say a lot about that person. It all has to be taken with a big spoonful of salt, but still..."

Skrall shrugged his shoulders, "Could have fooled me, lookin' at who's joined up with the Sungold and Crescents."

"True, but you have to keep in mind just who's claiming to follow someone. A person's followers can say a lot about that person. It all has to be taken with a big spoonful of salt, but still..."

"Huh, says a lot about Immortalis, or whatever that stupid dragon's name was." Karie snickers.

Skrall shrugged his shoulders, "Could have fooled me, lookin' at who's joined up with the Sungold and Crescents."

The Munchkin chuckled. "We could use that wit over in Crescent."

"Huh, says a lot about Immortalis, or whatever that stupid dragon's name was." Karie snickers.

"...You do realize he's partially onmiscent, right? Not...the best idea to around calling onmiscent beings names, even if you don't agree witht hem."

At first my plan is to hold Nerwen's wrath for as long as it takes for me to skedaddle, but as Nerwen speaks, I grow a little annoyed.

"Do you think I wanted to have that disgusting presence in my head like that? I have never felt so violated in all my life. The pain was unbearable! I have been around long enough and seen many things, but to see someone who could enter my mind the way that which did, I've never seen it before. If I could kill her a thousand times I would do it, but I cannot. She is a far worse menace than I could have ever imagined!"

You were violated. It was painful. Nerwen says flatly. You want to play the victim? If you have been around for as long as you say you have, am I to believe you've learned nothing of mental defence? And yet you were neatly made into a sock puppet? Ha.

Why you? Why not the half giant or the mush-brained raider? Or why not the Fenarian? Someone who could do real damage to political relationships there? No. You must have cooperated in some way. Either that or you had something in you head no one else had, which would mean she not only rwalarone you but stole from your head too.

I'll not pry into your secrets edan, whatever they are, they are no longer secret. She will use them. And if they get heroes killed, there will be reckoning.

"Believe me, I have had my share of working against mind controlling freaks, necromancy comes to mind. I've never had anything like this happen before. I thought my mind was able to resist anything like it. In all my years, I've never had something like this though. The only reason I was taken control of was because of a stupid decision by a disloyal party a couple years ago who, apparently sold me out to the Wolfgang while I was unconscious. None of them are even around the hall anymore for me to extract any kind of revenge though. I'm sorry for what happened, if any of us going on this quest wanted to rid the world of the witch it was me, but I underestimated her powers...we all did, it seems.

"Nevertheless, there is a light of sorts at the end of the sewer, though it came at a cost."

Nerwen considered Pretzel's words.

What light and what cost?

"I was taken to the Wolfgang den and pressed the wolf head into banishing the witch from Eubric. It falls woefully short of killing her, though I tried to convince him to do that. Unfortunately, in order to do that, I had to agree to support the wolf head. Filthy creature! At least he has his ways of controlling the witch."

You, with your experience could not withstand her psychic assault, yet he could? Who is he? And how can he control the witch?

"I was taken to the Wolfgang den and pressed the wolf head into banishing the witch from Eubric. It falls woefully short of killing her, though I tried to convince him to do that. Unfortunately, in order to do that, I had to agree to support the wolf head. Filthy creature! At least he has his ways of controlling the witch."

"...So, you're a supporter of Ulric, now?" Lind eyed the monk cautiously.

You, with your experience could not withstand her psychic assault, yet he could? Who is he? And how can he control the witch?

The black knight's face grew dark. "You can't control a mindflayer - at best, you can ward them away from your mind. And to do that - to do that would require a very, very powerful totem or charm, with such a lever of power as would be...very, very rare, to say the least.

I read a story about such an talisman once, something made near the beginning of time itself - but the story told that it had been lost shortly after, in a deep chasm, during the wars between the Pale Races. And that it was the only talisman of its sort..."

If you are speaking of the psycrown, and I wonder how you have heard of it if I had not, we were sent to find and recover it from Fenario. The actions of this edan caused us to fail at that task. How then could the usurper have it?

Nerwen turners back to Pretzel

Unless you helped in that also? How deep does your deceit run?

Edited by Chromeknight

If you are speaking of the psycrown, and I wonder how you have heard of it if I had not, we were sent to find and recover it from Fenario.

The black knight looked at her calmly. "The Munchkins tell many stories - some finished, some only half told, some...a mixture of both."

He stroked his chin, and studied the tiles on the floor.

"If Ulric has the Crown - something that was written to be lost - then I worry as to his reach. There are...many powers, that those of our days were meant not to hold. The Crown is not among them...but for a former criminal to hold it - to have had the forces at his disposal to find it..."

He looked up grimly.

"It speaks dark things for Eubric's future."

OoC: Where/when did the Veterans tell the Heroes about the Psycrown? All I can find is Baba worrying about the heroes learning of it. :wacko:

Karie rolls her eyes at Lind's prophesying of doom and gloom. "Gods, sometimes I wish I could get drunk, but then I remember I have responsibilities." Karie sighs melancholic.

"So I've heard, never had the pleasure of seein' him face to face though. Had a run in with once with one of his "generals" though." Skrall took another drink. "Biased opinion?"

Karie raises an interested eyebrow. "Which one?"

"Gods, sometimes I wish I could get drunk, but then I remember I have responsibilities."

I cast a dark look Karie's way.

"...So, you're a supporter of Ulric, now?" Lind eyed the monk cautiously.

The black knight's face grew dark. "You can't control a mindflayer - at best, you can ward them away from your mind. And to do that - to do that would require a very, very powerful totem or charm, with such a lever of power as would be...very, very rare, to say the least.

I read a story about such an talisman once, something made near the beginning of time itself - but the story told that it had been lost shortly after, in a deep chasm, during the wars between the Pale Races. And that it was the only talisman of its sort..."

"Gah! This is the reason I wished to speak privately Nerwen. I am going over there to the corner and if you want to hear what I have to say then follow me to that table. My mind has experienced more stress and pain over the last weeks than in all the years of my life, and I do not want to have fools who know nothing of what pain means, talking here as if they were experts of life, death, and everything in between."

I shuffle over to a table in the far corner and take a seat.

Elbows on the table, I cup the back of my bowed head in my hands.

The pain is still there.

Edited by Palathadric

Karie rolls her eyes at Lind's prophesying of doom and gloom. "Gods, sometimes I wish I could get drunk, but then I remember I have responsibilities." Karie sighs melancholic.

Karie raises an interested eyebrow. "Which one?"

Skrall gives Karie a quizzical look before shrugging and taking another drink. "You keepin' an eye on someone's stuff?" The ogre orders a refill before continuing, "I was referrin' to your biased opinion on the wolf-gang, what happened?"

Nerwen, annoyed the boy's interjection had disturbed Pretzel as he was about to speak clear replied somewhat sharply. i am glad mother Muncie entertained you with stories, but it would have served you better if she'd taught you how to listen quietly and not interrupt.

Nerwen then took her drink to sit opposite Pretzel at a familiar table.

The rogue's seat. Appropriate for you?

If you are speaking of the psycrown, and I wonder how you have heard of it if I had not, we were sent to find and recover it from Fenario. The actions of this edan caused us to fail at that task. How then could the usurper have it?

Nerwen turners back to Pretzel

Unless you helped in that also? How deep does your deceit run?

"I speak of Ulric, the leader of the Wolfgang. Somehow he got the Psycrown before we did. And I can swear that I played no part in that. He's preparing to establish himself as king of Eubric and has been working with the witch, but...I suppose...has found Heroica to be of more value to his plans than the witch. I suppose he knows we're stronger. It seems to me that the witch can only control the mind of one person at a time. He knows that if Heroica would put their all into capturing the witch, one mind-controlled person would not be enough to protect her. Hence, he tried to get me to join his cause. I said I would not support one who worked with the witch and told him that if he wanted me to even consider it, that he has to rid himself of her...well...he did. It's not what I would have wished. I would have torn her limb for limb if I could have, but at least Eubric should not have to worry about her for sometime...I suppose."

The rogue's seat. Appropriate for you?

"'Rogue's seat?' What do you mean by that. I am no rogue Nerwen. I am sorry for what happened, but I could not fight it. I mean, I don't know. I must have done something wrong. How is it that my mind could be entered and tampered with so easily? Am I following the wrong path? Did I miss God's call to my life somewhere along the way? It's not like siding with the Wolfgang was ever my intention, but somehow my party conspired against me and now that is coming back to haunt me..."

I shake my head.

"I don't know anymore."

Nerwen looks around.

You sit in the darkened corner of the saloon. The one with the good view of all the other tables, yet is hard to see. It is the seat for rogues. Broody loners and misanthropes. Those whose deeds are darker and less upright.

The Pretzel I first met, who in the face of all evidence to the contrary clings to the idea that there is merely one god, would never have sat here.

I said before either you had something in your head she valued or you participated in someway with your debasement. It sounds like you think the later, that it is, in part, your fault. So you need to make amends. How will you do that?

Skrall gives Karie a quizzical look before shrugging and taking another drink. "You keepin' an eye on someone's stuff?" The ogre orders a refill before continuing, "I was referrin' to your biased opinion on the wolf-gang, what happened?"

"Don't believe so, why?" Karie asks quizzically before giving Skrall a perplexed look as he asks about her biased opinion. "Yes, I know, I'm asking you which Wolfgang General you met."

Karie noticed Nerwen and Pretzel talking in her corner, with Pretzel sitting in her seat. It seemed Nerwen was still about ready to strangle Pretzel, but at least the two's argument had died down a bit.

Nerwen looks around.

You sit in the darkened corner of the saloon. The one with the good view of all the other tables, yet is hard to see. It is the seat for rogues. Broody loners and misanthropes. Those whose deeds are darker and less upright.

The Pretzel I first met, who in the face of all evidence to the contrary clings to the idea that there is merely one god, would never have sat here.

I said before either you had something in your head she valued or you participated in someway with your debasement. It sounds like you think the later, that it is, in part, your fault. So you need to make amends. How will you do that?

I look up at Nerwen, again lost in my thoughts having just digested her latest words.

"I don't know," I say, shaking my head. "If I did, I do not know how or why? But surely God would not have allowed this to happen if I had been walking uprightly...I don't know anymore. I need time...alone...more time...to think things over. When I entered this hall again my life seemed so purposeful. I fear I may have let compromise slip in too much. This hall needs a purging. It needs to be restored to it's glory days. Perhaps I have failed at this. Perhaps I am not working quickly enough. Perhaps there is more I should do. I...I need to think things over once again. That witch gripped my mind in a way that nothing else ever has and has left me feeling...guilty...exposed? What is the right word here?"

"Don't believe so, why?" Karie asks quizzically before giving Skrall a perplexed look as he asks about her biased opinion. "Yes, I know, I'm asking you which Wolfgang General you met."

Karie noticed Nerwen and Pretzel talking in her corner, with Pretzel sitting in her seat. It seemed Nerwen was still about ready to strangle Pretzel, but at least the two's argument had died down a bit.

"Well you said yer responsible fer somethin', figured ya were watchin' someone's stuff and couldn't partake of the drink too heavily." Skrall finished his drink and pulled out his crossbow inspecting all of the components and making sure everything was in working order. "Dozen Hands, ran into him in the sewers. Not necessarily the most agreeable chap, but he made a few good points about the movement. Sounds like they're gainin' more and more support throughout the city anyways. Houses ain't careful, they'll have the rug pulled out right from under 'em."