Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"One must never attempt to drown sorrow with drink...sorrow is an expert swimmer. I am actually just looking for the half-giant, Thormanil and I will be on my way. Do you know of his whereabouts?"

"Well put.

Thormanil..." The black knight leaned his head back and thought. "I quested with him once, a very great time ago, but I can't remember having run into him since then. But he might have been here and I'd missed him - I've been a bit busy lately.

Little matter in Moone with a dragon - usual sort of thing, nice party, although I'd advise you to keep an eye out for the new Moone Elf hero - she can be...very opinionated, and I've been trying to run for office, so...you can see how it all starts to add up.

Any messages you'd like me to share with him, if I run into him before you do?"

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Well if you have business with him, perhaps you should get in first. I doubt he will be around after. Nerwen sees Pretzel talking to a bird-boy, And there he is.

Well if you have business with him, perhaps you should get in first. I doubt he will be around after. Nerwen sees Pretzel talking to a bird-boy, And there he is.

OoC: They're dragon wings:

PCWvJL7.png

I'm just using LoC Raven wings until I have a pair of black/new dark grey dragon wings.

Nerwen looked down at her counterstrike gloves. When she'd bought them they were indeed gloves, but they'd adapted themselves to her outfit and were now bands of gold around her wrists. She shrugged. After all, she had the benefit of leather armour without a single bit of leather covering the soft blue dress she wore. Magic. she muttered. What was it her teacher used to say? Ah yes, It is not wysiwyg Miss Calmcacil, hmph.. She hoped Karie would finish with Pretzel soon. Then she could confront him.

"If you got to talk to Monk Pretzel, go ahead of me. It seems you two need to talk." Karie stepped back, hoping this scenario wouldn't play out the same way if Lawrence was involved.

The black knight continued talking. "The only thing was, none of us could agree on anything - very little organization. One of us even tried to join the other side - most frustrating, although we got along all right in the end. You just start to think, though - someone's got to get some form of order going among the heroes. Whether it's uniting everyone under a pair of kings, or some sort of...private group, shall we say - we need some order...some sort of safe-guards..."

Nerwen gives a one shouldered shrug at Karie's words. She steps around the saloon, approaching Pretzel from behind. Scooping a stool up and waiting for Pretzel's conversation partner to become absorbed in his monologue, she raises the stool to strike...

"-...and did you know that you have a stool about to bash you on the head?"

The Black Knight's monologue passes me by, without me paying it any heed until he gets to the end.

"What?"

I turn around and duck instinctively to see Nerwen brandishing her stool

"Quarter!" I yell impulsively. "Quarter! Quarter!"

Why treacherous filth, Nerwen growls should I give you anything? Betrayer. Faithless liar. You attacked your own party. Without warning or provocation.

Nerwen drops the stool with a clatter, shooting the teenaged male human rogue a dark look before exhaling.

Fine. Speak.

Karie meanders up to the bar and orders a drink, watching the action unfold. "Just another day at Heroica Hall...", she muses to herself.

Skrall stands behind Karie, also observing, "Been quite a while since we had a good bar fight. Is the monk some sort of secret Crusader?"

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Karie notices Skrall behind her. She could say something about what happened in Moone but she decides against it. She was running out of good company, and she at least understood Skrall's desire to side with Vorpalis. She'd been in a similar situation once before. She shrugs, looking from Skrall to the ensuing argument and pointing at the various individuals. "From what I've gathered the monk has apparently betrayed Nerwen in some matter, and now desires to be rid of the monk. I have no clue how Lind fits into all this." Karie sips on her drink.

Why treacherous filth, Nerwen growls should I give you anything? Betrayer. Faithless liar. You attacked your own party. Without warning or provocation.

Nerwen drops the stool with a clatter, shooting the teenaged male human rogue a dark look before exhaling.

Fine. Speak.

At first my plan is to hold Nerwen's wrath for as long as it takes for me to skedaddle, but as Nerwen speaks, I grow a little annoyed.

"Do you think I wanted to have that disgusting presence in my head like that? I have never felt so violated in all my life. The pain was unbearable! I have been around long enough and seen many things, but to see someone who could enter my mind the way that which did, I've never seen it before. If I could kill her a thousand times I would do it, but I cannot. She is a far worse menace than I could have ever imagined!"

At first my plan is to hold Nerwen's wrath for as long as it takes for me to skedaddle, but as Nerwen speaks, I grow a little annoyed.

"Do you think I wanted to have that disgusting presence in my head like that? I have never felt so violated in all my life. The pain was unbearable! I have been around long enough and seen many things, but to see someone who could enter my mind the way that which did, I've never seen it before. If I could kill her a thousand times I would do it, but I cannot. She is a far worse menace than I could have ever imagined!"

"...So...If I'm following this right...
...?"

...?"

"Not quite sure how ya came to that conclusion Whisperer."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

...?"

I let out a low growl, but return to Nerwen, pleadingly.

"I'm sorry. I did what I could to remedy the situation, but I could do nothing at the time. I...this is a bad location."

I cast my eyes at the many witnesses.

Karie covers the side of her face with her hand and turns to Skrall. "Look away. I think they've spotted us."

"Not quite sure how ya came to that conclusion Whisperer."

"Well, he's the one talking about things in his head he had no control over - it's not that hard an inference. And to be fair, it's something we all struggle with, there's no shame in the struggle."

Lind cupped his hand, and whispered in a very loud whisper. "Occasionally, I've heard rumors that even women struggle with it - but that's probably just crazy talk..."

I let out a low growl, but return to Nerwen, pleadingly.

"I'm sorry. I did what I could to remedy the situation, but I could do nothing at the time. I...this is a bad location."

I cast my eyes at the many witnesses.

Hearing the pain in the monk's voice, the black knight instantly dropped any trace of frivolity, and his face took on a serious tone. "Is this...is this between just you two, or does this have broader ramifications? Because if it's the first, then I'll be the first to give you privacy, but if it's the second, with the leadership of Heroica in flux, there probably isn't a better location for this..."

Karie covers the side of her face with her hand and turns to Skrall. "Look away. I think they've spotted us."

"Don't know what they were expectin' hashing all this out in the middle of the hall." Skrall glanced down at a letter that had appeared in his satchel after perusing the note he took another drink and settled into his seat. "So Karie, what's yer thoughts on the Wolfgang?"

"Well, he's the one talking about things in his head he had no control over - it's not that hard an inference. And to be fair, it's something we all struggle with, there's no shame in the struggle."

Lind cupped his hand, and whispered in a very loud whisper. "Occasionally, I've heard rumors that even women struggle with it - but that's probably just crazy talk..."

Skrall scratched his head, "I still ain't got no idea what yer talkin' about, Lind. Sounds to me like he had a telepath in his head."

"Don't know what they were expectin' hashing all this out in the middle of the hall." Skrall glanced down at a letter that had appeared in his satchel after perusing the note he took another drink and settled into his seat. "So Karie, what's yer thoughts on the Wolfgang?"

"Neither do I, but still, let's not make a bigger scene." Karie continues to consume her drink with larger gulps. "Wolfgang? Why? I've got a... bit of a biased opinion of them, and I wouldn't call my opinion of Ulric a good one. He's certainly charismatic though."

Skrall scratched his head, "I still ain't got no idea what yer talkin' about, Lind. Sounds to me like he had a telepath in his head."

"...That would probably explain the part about attacking his own party..."

The Munchkin tilted his head and looked with curiosity towards the monk.

"Neither do I, but still, let's not make a bigger scene." Karie continues to consume her drink with larger gulps. "Wolfgang? Why? I've got a... bit of a biased opinion of them, and I wouldn't call my opinion of Ulric a good one. He's certainly charismatic though."

"So I've heard, never had the pleasure of seein' him face to face though. Had a run in with once with one of his "generals" though." Skrall took another drink. "Biased opinion?" Edited by Waterbrick Down

"I've only met one crowd of the Wolfgang, but their leader certainly wasn't charismatic..."