Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Baradock returned from the marketplace, two new pumpkin bombs in his satchel. A familiar face approached.

Johon makes sure he is signed up for quest 88 and 90, hoping to get on at least one of the two. He then walks over to Baradock, deciding to start conversation.

"You signed up for any of the quests?" Johon asks, then shaking hands with Baradock. "Name's Johon. What's yours?"

"Baradock..." He trailed off, not matching Johon's pleasant demeanor. "I believe we have met before this, no?" He stated, the sentence almost becoming lost in his accentuation.

Edited by Cryos

"Perhaps we have, but I do not remember it if we did. So are you signed up for any quests?"

"I have done the signing up on the ninetieth and ninety--first. And you?" He said, which could be interpreted as casually.

Edited by Cryos

"I have signed up for 88 and 90. I've also signed up for the replacement hero, but I'm hoping to get on one of the aforementioned quests. Hopefully we can get on 90 together. I could teach you the ropes probably."

Selected Heroes For Quest #88: Fathers and Sons

Hoke Ablesword, Level 29 Mystic Knight *Party Leader*

Tesni Hightribe Level 31.5 Beserker

Benji Cavernhall, Level 35 Beast Warrior

Jess Islanti, Level 19 Assassin

Nerwen Calmcacil, Level 20.5 Shaman

"I have signed up for 88 and 90. I've also signed up for the replacement hero, but I'm hoping to get on one of the aforementioned quests. Hopefully we can get on 90 together. I could teach you the ropes probably."

Baradock, misunderstanding the phrase takes it as an insult to his capability, "I can assure you I understand how ropes work. I have worked with 'the ropes' before you could chew watered bread!" He retorted sharply. He inhaled through his nostrils to make himself appear bigger, although he was already larger than the man already.

Editted

"Sorry, I didn't mean that as an insult. I just wondered if you'd want to practice that is all?"

Johon sighed as the list was read off.

"Don't worry. I'm sure we'll be picked for 90... While we wait, do you want to practice some fighting?"

Edited by Bricksandparts

Romulus turns to Johon.

"I rather hope we get chosen together for 90, you are an extremely capable hero. After Luosh, I acknowledge how capable we are together. "

Romulus turns to Johon.

"I rather hope we get chosen together for 90, you are an extremely capable hero. After Luosh, I acknowledge how capable we are together. "

"Yes, you would make an excellent companion as well. I am not sure exactly the situation, but it seems dire. Three groups being sent to the same area, That's only happened once before, right?"

"Dastan. That ended in quite a violent fashion if what I overheard is true."

Romulus pulls Combrys out of its sheath and starts cleaning it.

"I don't want a civil war amongst the heroes. I can see there being a conflict of interest amongst the three parties and Quests."

Baradock barely suppressed himself from pummeling this "Johon" character straight in the nose. The explanation of the phrase went totally over his head. 'Of course I know how ropes work...' He grumbled as he fumed towards the door. He didn't know where he would go, maybe he would go mess with some rope. He continued muffling imperceptible words as he walked, outside the hall now.

"grumbleropemumblidiotofcoursmutterope'

Edited by Cryos

"Blade, more than ever, hehehe." Hybros drew the Sword of Ancestral Hatred a little, letting the dark, crimson-tinted metal reflect the light of the torches lining the walls of the saloon before sliding it back into its sheath. "I am not sure, things pass by so quickly these days, eheh. But since then I believe I have visited the manor of a great and powerful man in this city, and an old... friend," He said with a toothy smile. "He reminds me of you a little, hehe... And I have uncovered and smothered another plot to take over Eubric. There never seems to be any... shortage of those, does there? Ehehm, and I returned from a farmer's fields, not too long ago. And much has been accomplished since then, hehe..." He shifted his eyes. "And where has the world taken you since we last met?"

"Quite a blade you've got there. I haven't been in Eubric enough to pay much attention to the plots and intrigue here. Seems the Wolfgang is the biggest threat to me, anyway, but last time I caught onto a threat the heroes I was with let the threat walk away. So, now I just save other villages." Boomingham chuckles. "Does your friend remind you of me because I too am rich and powerful?"

"Good to see you are well. I understand about the need or a rest. A group and I had quite a long outing in the Fields of Glory. We managed to defeat the Kraken and Crystal Titan. It was quite an adventure."

"I may go to the fields my self, for a while. I hear it clears the head a bit, though if you've already tackled the big uglies maybe there's not much of a point." Boomingham shrugs. "Ah well."

"I don't, and will not. Very few times will I kill. I do not believe that death of every enemy of ours will bring peace. Yes, some deaths are needed, but the more we kill, the more we become like them. I will subdue my opponents, and have been doing it this way wince I started my career here. Basically, I'm Batman! :tongue: "

"Sometimes in order to safeguard a city or its people, there must be blood. It is all about sending a message. Everything burns, everyone dies. Even the mighty must fall occasionally. "

"I understand that, but I will only provide death if it is the only option, which I find very rarely. There is almost always another way. I don't care how difficult, how dangerous, but if there's a way, I'm doing it."

Althior stares at the chosen heroes lists and rolls his eyes. Was fate cruel and abandoning him to rot in this hall for the rest of eternity? Could he ever get out back in the field? It seemed to be unlikely at this point. He makes his way up to the bar, dreading the moment that those who were insecure would come seeking his advice, or just those attempting to make chit chat. Thus he sat and waited, patiently, for the final roster to be posted.

Jess read Haldor's note, sighed, then perked up when she saw that she had been selected for a quest herself.

Hopefully I'll see Haldor again soon, Jess thought to herself as she sat back down for another drink.

Arthur walks over to Jess. "Excuse me, miss, I couldn't help but notice that beautiful sword you're carrying. Would you be willing to part with it for 170 gold?" Arthur proffers 170 gold to Jess for the Sword of the Vampir.

"Sure, it's not doing me any good sitting in my bag."

Jess accepts Arthur's author of 170 gold for the Sword of the Vampir.

Althior stares at the chosen heroes lists and rolls his eyes. Was fate cruel and abandoning him to rot in this hall for the rest of eternity? Could he ever get out back in the field? It seemed to be unlikely at this point. He makes his way up to the bar, dreading the moment that those who were insecure would come seeking his advice, or just those attempting to make chit chat. Thus he sat and waited, patiently, for the final roster to be posted.

Johon, leaning back on a wall while talking with Romulus, notices a saddened Althior sitting down at a table nearby.

"Didn't get on the quest either?"

Althior nods.

"Yeah... I've been here for quite the while now as well. Last quest was, what was it, 79 I think? I'm hoping to get picked for this last one."

Johon, addressing both Althior and Romulus, directs the conversation to other matters.

"So, in other fields of interest, what is going on which each of you?"

"I am still concerned about the Wolfgang and a certain exhero named Bacari seemingly becoming more influential."

Tesni heard the hall bustle and noticed the sound of talke regarding quest picks. Checking the board she grinned and decided it was time to prepare for her trip.