Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Octavyn is once again within earshot of Gut's comment, but surprisingly, he doesn't react with malice - anything but, in fact. He simply gives a knowing chuckle and a shrug, looking towards Guts.

PDNmfNS.png

"Hey, we're just a subsidiary. When the big brother group hands you a something to do and a day to do it on, you don't argue with them, y'know?"

Edited by Endgame

"Gladly." Skrall handed his tankard over. "So how did ya come to Heroica, master Thalion. Fame, glory, thirst for adventure and danger?"

Thalion returns shortly with the drinks and hands Skrall his tankard, "I guess it would be a thirst for adventure in my case... When I graduated from the Mage's Academy, I was urged to go, help people and put my skills to use, since I had much to experience and explore and a lot of time to do it!" He chuckled, "So I decided the logical place to do it is here, in Eubric, with Heroica. While I still have much to learn, I hope that one day I'll be able to return home and share my knowledge and experiences with my fellow kinsmen. I plan on becoming a teacher on the magic academy; the one from which I graduated." A smile appears as he finishes the last sentence. He takes his glass of wine and looks at Skrall, "What about you master Skrall? What brings you to a life of a hero?", then sips, waiting on an ogre's answer...

Avalanche trudges through the open doors of the Hall, everything seeming so more familiar to him than it had on his last visit. He felt older and wiser too, with his new club slung over his back and his pouch of gold clinking happily. He was extremely pleased with having completed his first quest.

Benji stirs from his slumber. He sees that there are no quests to be interested in, so he sits back down and orders a drink.

The doors of the Hall opens once again, light shines brightly into the Hall leaving a tiny silhouette at the bottom. Purpearl emerges from the silhouette and she stands at the entrance for a second as the doors close behind her. Purpearl takes a long, deep look at Octavyn, as if trying to see through his armour. Apparently she can't, so Purpearl walks up to Octavyn for a closer look and glanced at the quest board... "I wonder how Abigail is doing..."

Avalanche sees Octavyn standing by the quest-board. "Hi. I think I remember you from the...erm, incident at the Hinckwell villa. You helped to bring in Abigail. She actually wasn't the murderer after all- it was a mysterious blonde woman who conspired with one of the guards and then killed him afterwards." While he is chatting, he signs up for Quest#86: Gaiden. He then sees Cryos' challenge on the board. At once, he grabs Trollsbane from where it leans against the wall. "I have a duel to get to. Sorry!" He runs out of the Hall.

A peculiar blue clad individual meanders into the hall, without their trusted feline companion. After closing the doors, they wander about until they notice a familiar face, or more properly, hood, mingling with the other hall patrons.

Oh brother...

Mustering up a boyish voice, and a bit of courage, they walk toward their higher up.

syndicate_peon_rapier.jpg

"Uh... hey, Octavyn, hows it going?"

The admin turns to face the peon, a smile of recognition spreading across his face.

PDNmfNS.png

"Why hello there, peon I have most definitely not met before! I'm trying to get some help from some heroes. What are you doing here, completely anonymous employee? Expecting a rendezvous with someone? Perhaps with someone purple?"

Octavyn was clearly having far too much fun with this.

Edited by Endgame

"Ah. Makes sense and all. And no, I wasn't expecting someone purple, at least not yet. I heard the boss's special someone knows he's planning something, and she's free at any time for the next little while. I happen to know my way around here, actually. Would you care for a drink?"

Karie decided to join in on Octavyn's fun, gesturing to the bar upstairs. After the trip in the woods, this was making her feel better.

PDNmfNS.png

"Ah, what a coincedence! And I happen to know that the boss is practically swooning at the prospect of being able to take his special someone out on a date!"

Octavyn chuckles, before he begins walking to the bar.

"Okay, maybe not to that degree, but that special someone. So, peon I have never encountered and hope to get acquainted with while drinking some alcoholic beverages, what brings you to the hall?

IMG_2241_zps007e8444.jpg

Alexis sits and wonders why she’s not happy. She’s so desperate she just does her work for free. The man she’s with, some noble from the city, is typical of most men she meets. Men... How many had she slept with in the past 48 hours? She couldn't remember anymore. If only there were some decent man who liked her for more than what she did. These men were all the same, easily pleased. If she could just find a man who wanted her, than perhaps she could be at ease once again.

Thalion returns shortly with the drinks and hands Skrall his tankard, "I guess it would be a thirst for adventure in my case... When I graduated from the Mage's Academy, I was urged to go, help people and put my skills to use, since I had much to experience and explore and a lot of time to do it!" He chuckled, "So I decided the logical place to do it is here, in Eubric, with Heroica. While I still have much to learn, I hope that one day I'll be able to return home and share my knowledge and experiences with my fellow kinsmen. I plan on becoming a teacher on the magic academy; the one from which I graduated." A smile appears as he finishes the last sentence. He takes his glass of wine and looks at Skrall, "What about you master Skrall? What brings you to a life of a hero?", then sips, waiting on an ogre's answer...

"Money, mostly. Had to pay the bills somehow and like it or not, it ain't exactly easy for a greenskin to get any sort of respectable job in this city." Skrall sipped at his ale. "Over the years things have changed a bit. The money's still good, but I've got a few mates to look after now at least. The witch Wren and the thought of seein' her to her grave kept me busy for a couple of months, but now that that deed's been done, I've found myself more willin' just to let life come to me than to go chasin' after it."

Purpearl stands in front of the quest board and seems to be deep in thought. She pulls out a bright green bottle under her dress, and downs three big mouthfuls of it. A man-fairy suddenly appears and taps her right shoulder.

"Hey Purps, maybe you should sign up for that Quest." whispers the man-fairy.

Purpearl grabs a stool and leaps swiftly on top of it, signing up for Quest #86: Gaiden. After which she drags the stool to the nearest table, sits back, leaning her back against the wall and starts tossing her gem in the air in a rhythmic motion.

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

Hoke settles back in big chair by the fireplace, enjoy the warm glow. He pulls out a large piece of decorated fabric from his pack. It was the flag off of his latest weapon. He looks over the strange letters and symbols, unable to decipher their meaning. Maybe he could visit the library to solve that riddle, but that would have to wait for later. He stuffs the flag back into his pack and decides to leave it for now. That banner flew over a company of brigands, brutes and cowards. Hoke would not fight along side others under such a banner. He would have to find a new one soon.

Avalanche returns to the Hall, sporting a black eye and a cut on his shoulder from the recent battle in the Arena. He sees Purpearl sign her name under Quest 86. "Hi again," he says, walking up to her. He looks at the gold-cloaked Admin. "I wonder why Octavyn is always in disguise... Remember when we met him on the quest? He looked very different then."

"Off duty, for both jobs. This is where I hangout usually whenever I'm not dealing with odd jobs or Syndicate stuff."

Karie walks up to the bar and realizes something.

"Perhaps alcohol isn't the best idea. You know, the hoods and all that."

Looking about Karie notices a group who looked... familiar.

"The drinks can wait. I've got some kids I want to talk to. I'll see you around, Octavyn. If you want any alcohol, just tell them you're with me."

Karie walks from the bar and over to the table where two new, fresh faces were sitting. She sits down, kicking her feet up on the table. She removes her mask and sets it down on the table, rubbing her hair and letting her ponytail unfurl. She looked a little sweaty.

karie_syndicate.jpg

"Hope you don't mind if I sit down?"

Purpearl downs another mouthful of liquid off the light green bottle, looks up at Avalanche and almost fell off her stool. "Hey Avalanche, what happened to you?! That injury and bruise, you were alright just then at the end of our last quest." Purpearl turns and looks at Octavyn for a second "Yeah, I was just trying to see through his golden cloak."

"Don't be dumb, we all know how he looks like underneath... " whispers the man-fairy.

"Hello Karie, no we don't mind! That blue outfit of yours looks very familiar. Would you like a drink?"

"... Hey Purps, when was the last time you said hello to me?! I am so jealous!" whispers the man-fairy as he rolled his eyes.

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

Avalanche smiles ruefully, "Yeah...but then a new hero challenged me to a battle in the arena and...well, he won. It was all down to dumb luck, of course." He looks up to see Karie approaching. "Hello. I don't think we've met before. I'm Avalanche."

Baradock dropped his armor off at the armory so it could get repaired from the recent battle.

He still wasn't sure to take that last remark as a compliment or an insult. But it was besides the point.

He saw the yeti talking with some other unknown hero's. To avoid anymore tension than needed, he sat down at the bar. The bartender looked at him intently but he didn't order anything.

His thoughts were of home.

Urk! How does she know my name! Am I really that well known around her that even the new guys know who I am!

Karie smiles, flattered at the fact that someone recognized her. Her cheeks blush a bright red

"Well, yeah, you might of, I sort of work for the same group that gold guys in! The name's Karie. Honestly, I'm thirsty as hell, but I'd prefer water."

Karie curiously looks at the elf's strange concoction. Just what is she mouthing down? She notices how beat up the yeti looks.

"Jeez, you look like you got hit by a cart or something, Avalanche. You want a heal or something? I can at least try and patch up your bruises and that black eye."

Karie takes her gloves off, revealing her twisted and contorted tattoo on palm and hand which lead up her arm and trails up her right arm. Her hands begin to give off a faint purple glow.

"Unless you're superstitious? I know certain people would label me... wrong."

Chilled monkey brains sounded good right about now.

A loud racket is heard throughout the hall, and a few seconds, later, Johon comes walking into the hall. He sees Karie and sits down next to her and her companions.

Stretching his neck, he begins. "Greetings. I'm Johon, may I inquire what your names are?" Johon asks the group of new heroes.

"Oh no, I'm not superstitious. There's nothing wrong with you- but I'm fine. It's healing already and it looks much worse than it actually is," replied the yeti.

The aura around Karie's palms die down as she put her thick gloves back on, and shrugged calmly.

"Suit yourself, Avalanche. No offence taken."

She notices Johon sit down abruptly. She wondered where he'd been of to.

"Nice seeing you again, Johon." She was somewhat thankful Johon hadn't taken note of her blue outfit. She remembered back to when this outfit was stuffy and smelled of sweat. Now it was comfy and warm and smelled slightly of sweat.

Karie walks back over to the quest board, putting her hood on in the process, signing up for Quest 86: Gaiden.

Johon was surprised no one had seemed to notice his appbrupt entry into the hall.

"So is anyone here signed up for the new quest? Hopefully I can get on it, it's been a few days of nothing to do." Johon says, shifting his arm.