Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"Yeah, Dak. You should know, old man, you've been on two Quests with me. Or is your memory failing in your old age? For the record, I'm coming too, but Guts here doesn't seem to think so."

"Oh, I know you are coming with, kid, and you know how I work, no need to explain my views to you, I thought."

'Listening in'? I apologise, I was under the impression that this was a conversation between the party. Now I'll forgive your rudeness as to your own unempathetic mindset. Nonetheless, I'll watch your back like my own, if not more so.

"You were mistaken. If I can give you some advice, the past is the past, dwelling, lingering and festering on the bad parts brings little good. Believe me, I know..."

"You were mistaken. If I can give you some advice, the past is the past, dwelling, lingering and festering on the bad parts brings little good. Believe me, I know..."

Oh, I am well aware. The events in Duplovia are not ones that I look back to lightly. As such, I've made an effort to make the most of my life here. The more time I spend doing good here, the less time I spend haunted in memory.

Spare me your tears. At least you haven't seen both your parents impaled through the heart, then have to watch as the blood came out of their eyes, ears and mouth, watch as their bones slowly broke as the weight of their body came down on them...

"You know, I saw that! I really didn't care. My parents hated me, I hated them." :tongue:

Alexis watches as Ellaria walks into the hall for the first time in quite a while. She walks over and gives her a hug.

"Ellaria! Good to see you back. You're doing well I hope? And how is Elpis? We must talk."

As they walk past the quest board Alexis glances and sees that she has been chosen to go on a quest with Althior and Benji. "Wow! Party leader too!" She thinks. As they get to the bar, Alexis sees Finnegan banging his head on the table.

"Finnegan, what the heck are you doing?!"

"You know, I saw that! I really didn't care. My parents hated me, I hated them." default_tong.gif

I swear, Finnegan, someday I will find a way to kil you and you will not enjoy it. default_angry.gif

As they get to the bar, Alexis sees Finnegan banging his head on the table.

"Finnegan, what the heck are you doing?!"

Finnegan looks up. "Aww, shut up!" He bangs his head against the table once again for good measure.

I swear, Finnegan, someday I will find a way to kill you and you will not enjoy it. default_angry.gif

"Could you do it before I have to go on this quest? Maybe throw me off the roof? Please?" :cry_sad:

Meanwhile, Althior walked back into the hall with bags under his eyes. Weeks of work were all spent on a cure- no- the cure. The infection had started to spread up his arm. He could feel it eating him from the inside. He saw his name under the quest he and Alexis signed up for, along with her name and some Warden fellow. Finally, something that he can set his mind on besides the cure. He felt the mark ripple under his glove as he walked up to the bar. He sighed. Most of his friends had gone. Tarn, Arthur, Haldor, Skrall. The only one he knew were Alexis and Arasmyth. He sat by Alexis and kissed he on the cheek. He brought the smile back to his face as not to make her worry. "Ready to go?"

Greetings, Dak. I shake the hand.

"Nice to meet you....sort of.

"Oh, I know you are coming with, kid, and you know how I work, no need to explain my views to you, I thought."

"No, I've heard enough of your twisted views for a lifetime, I should think."

Oh, I am well aware. The events in Duplovia are not ones that I look back to lightly. As such, I've made an effort to make the most of my life here. The more time I spend doing good here, the less time I spend haunted in memory.

"Eh, I take it a bit more lightly now. This is more of a side job to get powerful enough to destroy those who have hurt me," Dak says, eyes glittering blood-red. "They'll pay for what they've done, even if I don't make them. I plan to, though."

"Eh, I take it a bit more lightly now. This is more of a side job to get powerful enough to destroy those who have hurt me," Dak says, eyes glittering blood-red. "They'll pay for what they've done, even if I don't make them. I plan to, though."

Oh, it's that for me, too. That and trying to gain honour, so that someday I may return to my homeland.

Meanwhile, Althior walked back into the hall with bags under his eyes. Weeks of work were all spent on a cure- no- the cure. The infection had started to spread up his arm. He could feel it eating him from the inside. He saw his name under the quest he and Alexis signed up for, along with her name and some Warden fellow. Finally, something that he can set his mind on besides the cure. He felt the mark ripple under his glove as he walked up to the bar. He sighed. Most of his friends had gone. Tarn, Arthur, Haldor, Skrall. The only one he knew were Alexis and Arasmyth. He sat by Alexis and kissed he on the cheek. He brought the smile back to his face as not to make her worry. "Ready to go?"

Alexis smiles as Althior comes up. "It's good to see you again. Yes I'm about ready, I just want to talk to Ellaria here. You remember her right?"

Oh, good, you're back. Do us all a favour and find some way to kill Finnegan. Please.

"Althior. Alexis." Arasmyth nodded to the couple. "I wish you the best of luck on your Quest." As he turned, something caught his eye. "Althior... what happened to your right arm?" he asked quietly, so no one other than the Sage and his companion could hear. He vaguely recognized the blackened and twisted skin from an image he had seen in an ancient Elven text on the history of an ancient demon, one who represented the the Second Capital Vice of Gluttony. The scroll described it as a curse that ravaged flesh and killed a person from the inside out, stating that once contracted it could only spread. There was no known cure. Normally he would ask solely out of concern for his friend's safety, but something was bothering him. The text described the condition as coming from proximity or contact with powerful demons, and had not mentioned any other ways of contracting it. "You haven't done anything you'll regret later on, have you?" Here he lowered his voice even further, so not even the Elf child could hear, in case she wasn't already aware of the condition. "The ancient demons are a deceitful folk, human. To deal with them is to court death."

OOC: Hopefully this isn't contradicting any of your plans for Althior. I went back and reviewed your posts in Q#3: TMM and following, so I don't believe it is at odds with anything you've already posted, but if there's anything you want me to change, just ask. Trying to give you a springboard to work off with the curse plot, as I haven't seen it show up too much recently, while also building up Arasmyth as the kind of character who reads a lot and knows all sorts of random stuff. :sweet:

Edited by Kadabra

*I walk over to the Questboard, note the chosen Heroes, and mutter under my breath. I then go to the bar*

"I'll have a tankard of ale."

Ellaria smiles at the elven mage. "Actually, I'm a champion of Heroica as well. And nobody will hurt my baby, or they will pay for it dearly. She is under the protection of higher powers, I'll have you know."

She then turns to Alexis and Althior. "My friends, it feels great to be back. I really needed the fresh air. Unfortunately I'm not going to participate in any quests for a while still, there's something I've got to do first. But I wish the best of luck to both of you on your quest. What little I've heard about the Wolfgang is not nice. It seems to me they will do anything to break the fragile peace of this city. But now I've got to go, before Elpis gets restless. See you later!"

Ellaria waves goodbye to her friends, and heads towards the Training Room.

Arasmyth was surprised by the woman's claim that she was a fellow Hero, but remained silent. He had seen little of her, but she exuded a silent strength and confidence. Probably best not to get on her bad side. He simply nodded, and added, "Then may Isiris also bless her. A whispered word by him and a small glowing ball of pure ether floated from his fingertip into the baby, a common expression of trust or benevolence among the magically inclined, as Ether was valuable, and to entrust another with some of your own could be dangerous.

He started to slam his head against the counter over and over and over again.

I glance at the quest board an am once again disappointed. Heroes if have entered the hall long after me seem to be exiting long before I will. My money is dwindling. I need employment soon, I think. I too slam my head against the counter, only for me, one time is enough to render me quite unconcious.

"Althior... what happened to your right arm?"

Althior greets his old friend but silences as he brings up the matter of the arm. He chuckles nervously, and responds. "Something with my arm? I have no idea what you're talking about, Arasmyth. Everything seems fine to me!" He tilts his head in the direction of Alexis. It's obvious he doesn't want her to hear about it.

"Besides, your clearly wearing long-sleeves. He'd have to be Superman to see through that!"

Althior greets his old friend but silences as he brings up the matter of the arm. He chuckles nervously, and responds. "Something with my arm? I have no idea what you're talking about, Arasmyth. Everything seems fine to me!" He tilts his head in the direction of Alexis. It's obvious he doesn't want her to hear about it.

"Besides, your clearly wearing long-sleeves. He'd have to be Superman to see through that!"

"Maybe later." Arasmyth whispers, then eyed Finnegan. "Superman? Are you messing with the fourth wall again, Finnegan?" It was obvious that he had seen the skin through the gap between his sleeve and glove when Althior moved to kiss Alexis. :tongue:

Alexis looks at both men as they talk. "So what are we talking about again?"

"Uh, chocolate milk."

tumblr_lrocgkLILx1qfgjtno1_500.gif

"Chocolate milk?" She says with a very confused face. "How in the world do you make that? I know it doesn't come out of the cow like that..."

"Chocolate milk?" She says with a very confused face. "How in the world do you make that? I know it doesn't come out of the cow like that..."

"Ah, you see, chocolate milk is a sweetened, usually cold, cocoa-flavored milk drink. It is created when chocolate syrup (or chocolate powder) is mixed with milk (from cows, goats, soy, rice, etc). It can be purchased at most farms or dairy merchants pre-mixed or made at home with either cocoa powder and a sweetener (such as sugar or a sugar substitute), or with melted chocolate, chocolate syrup, or chocolate milk mix. Other ingredients, such as starch, salt, carrageenan, vanilla, etcetera, may be added. Chocolate milk should be kept cold with an Ice spell like plain milk. A suspension is required to blend in the two flavors (milk and chocolate, hence the name of the mixed drink). When chocolate milk begins to spoil, it gives off a coffee-like odor, unlike plain milk, and due to the properties of the carrageenan, certain farmer's milks are known to, after a certain amount of time, coagulate into a viscous, chunky bottom layer and a thin, watery upper layer. Really quite an interesting beverage, wouldn't you agree?

*useless chocolate milk banter*

"Geez, this guy is really bad at covering his mistakes," :sceptic:

"Ah, you see, chocolate milk is a sweetened, usually cold, cocoa-flavored milk drink. It is created when chocolate syrup (or chocolate powder) is mixed with milk (from cows, goats, soy, rice, etc). It can be purchased at most farms or dairy merchants pre-mixed or made at home with either cocoa powder and a sweetener (such as sugar or a sugar substitute), or with melted chocolate, chocolate syrup, or chocolate milk mix. Other ingredients, such as starch, salt, carrageenan, vanilla, etcetera, may be added. Chocolate milk should be kept cold with an Ice spell like plain milk. A suspension is required to blend in the two flavors (milk and chocolate, hence the name of the mixed drink). When chocolate milk begins to spoil, it gives off a coffee-like odor, unlike plain milk, and due to the properties of the carrageenan, certain farmer's milks are known to, after a certain amount of time, coagulate into a viscous, chunky bottom layer and a thin, watery upper layer. Really quite an interesting beverage, wouldn't you agree?

Alexis stares blankly at the man. "Yes, I guess I would."

"Geez, this guy is really bad at covering his mistakes," :sceptic:

"Uh, no comment."

"Hey, I'm going to Quest #33! Woot! See y'all later!"