Sign in to follow this  
FileSystemObject

Hello from Ireland

My father bought me my first piece of Lego around 1980 (#608 - Taxi). I then collected pieces for a number of years, mainly Town, Castle and Space, with a couple of Technic pieces thrown in for good measure. (Who didn’t like the Arctic Technic range?)

And then the Dark Age began.

Fast forward 20 years, and I encounter the Imperial Star Destroyer #6211. And now I’m collecting again. This time around it’s City, Classic Star Wars, Modular Buildings and MiniFigures. I’ve retrieved my old collection, along with most of the original boxes and instructions (cue the wife rolling her eyes) from my parent’s attic, cleaned it up and put it all back together.

I recently bought my own son his first piece of Lego, which for me, has a wonderful symmetry to it. Of course, he feels that ‘my’ collection is really ‘his’ collection, so the two of us play with the whole lot of it together. Which is sort of the point really...

Welcome to the boards. From my experience, some of the greatest guys come from Ireland(No offense meant to you non-Ireland people)

Enjoy the boards.

Edited by airsoftg36c

Welcome to Eurobricks FileSystemObject, I hope that you enjoy the forums! :classic:

~buddy~

Of course, he feels that ‘my’ collection is really ‘his’ collection

Tell me about it :laugh: My son claimed most of my old stuff as his a while back!

Welcome to Eurobricks fella,enjoy the forum :wink: