Lasse D

Lasse's Model Team Construction Yard

Long time I haven't visited this forum, but what a pleasant surprise to see you built a DAF, and a very nice one! :thumbup:

If you ever make instructions of this, I might give it a try to convert to the Super Space Cab, because that's what my uncle drives.

I like idea of building this successful and maybe even convert it into 3  axle wheels

Edited by lucio

On 11/1/2017 at 6:39 PM, 2LegoOrNot2Lego... said:

Yes, that would help a lot...love this suggestion!

I also like the suggestion of inverting the teeth. I originally placed them studs-up in order to make the front possible. I will see if it is possible to invert them.

I have also changed some other parts:

- The mirrors are updated so there isn't an additional bar between the mirrors and the cab.

- The Sun screen now has an indentation to mimic the rear truck.

- The detailing on the sides of the front is updated. You can see how it compares to the previous version. I still have to attach it and make the panel gaps smaller.

- The headlights will be updated. Again there is one updated light and one of the previous version.

- The doors will be changed to they start one stud higher.

building_5_9.jpg

I will try to make a complete update will this for the next post.

You did some nice updates, it's getting stronger and stronger! Again good luck with updating this excellent build!!! As I wrote you I really like the idea of building a DAF CF and the color choice is brilliant...

Maybe next time you could a comparison photo to show difference initial build and your latest update. I'm pretty sure it excellently shows the progress... :thumbup:

amazed more and more 'to see more and better updates .... congratulations.the headlights most 'beautiful 
 left part of more' real screen
I think the front axle has the tires too inside should come out slightly
Edited by lucio

On 15/1/2017 at 2:37 PM, lucio said:

(...)I think the front axle has the tires too inside should come out slightly

I know, and it annoys me as well. I have to make the front axle either 11 or 13 wide, and both solutions are bad because the cabin is 12 wide. I could add a spacer between the wheel and steering arm, which would make it 12 wide, but then the wheel would need more forward and backward space, which ruins the cool look of having super tight wheel arches. It's a monument of compromise :D

While updating the DAF, my SBricks came and I have made an update to the container truck:

EDIT: I finished the updates for the DAF XF!

prototype2.jpg

The following changes have been made:

- New license plate: Euro style and lower than before while not obstructing the lower grille.

- Plate above the license plate has been moves ½ plate up.

- Tiles instead of curved slopes next to the headlights are better at simulating the rounded shape surrounding the grille area.

- By popular request: Chrome teeth are now turned around and in a different stepped pattern allowing the upper-most line to be 7 wide.

- Complete new headlights. Still with LED lights.

- Doors now start a brick higher, which gives a better slope for the wheel well

- Rounded bricks for the front air ducts give a better flow in the styling than the cheese slopes.

- Hinges are used to give the small vertical cracks in the light orange right below the windscreen.

- The sun screen is updated to have less edges and with a wider depression like the original truck.

- The gray graphics on the top is wider.

Moving on to the back:

prototype2rear.jpg

- The upper liftarms in the frame have been shortened, allowing the fuel tanks to be full length.

- Hinges are used to make the step plates between the fuel tanks more robust (non-visible change)

- A 4L lightsabre blade has been inserted in the gas canister in the back because they kept breaking when I moved the model while taking the pictures.

Now I have a lot of changes to be made on the trailer.

Edited by Lasse D
New version of the DAF XF!

This is amazing... I really love the video! You're very good at this...and thanks for sharing... :thumbup:

The DAF is very cool and realistic. Love it very much and all the improvements/updates are actual improvements for sure!!!

Absulute stunning Lasse.:wub:

Not only your models still amaze me every time, also the functions and playable of your models are superb.:thumbup: 

congratulations for the video will be 'of interest to many of us here ... thanks.......

the daf and 'managed very well and I would say that' now ready for instructions ....:thumbup:

I'm glad you made the changes that many will ASKED .... the end result and 'good .... .......... as the instructions?:wub: 

I expect to see many more new models

Edited by lucio

Here is a final update on the DAF before I move on to updating the trailer and making building instructions. The front axle is now the width that it should be:

prototype3.jpg

After driving a bit around I discovered that the distance between the fifth wheel and the cab is on the short side, so I moved the fifth wheel a stud back while improving the rigidity of the whee covers and the rear assembly:

prototype3_rear.jpg

I hope for some natural sunlight tomorrow so that I can take some better pictures - and perhaps a video :)

interesting review front axle with the tires out ... I like ... beautiful

Let him that's perfect this truk

These truk are little masterpieces ...

What new projects are you thinking for the future?

New projects include stuffing SBricks into many interesting models, but before then I have good news. There was finally sun on a day of a weekend in Denmark. Time to take some pictures!

0992front.jpg

As you can see, I have had time to replace some 1 x 2 slopes with 2 x 2 slopes for fewer lines in the surfaces.

Let's take a closeup of that grille and set the brightness all the way up to 11:

0992grille.jpg

The license plate has been moved up half a plate in order for the orange/yellow lines to flow better. The new headlight design allows for the upper triangles, which is more true to the original. Notice how the chrome teeth have been stuffed in there. One of them is not even connected to anything! See if you can spot it! :D

In the back it is clear to see how the fifth wheel has been pushed a stud backwards in order to not have the wheel wells fall off when coupling on a trailer:

0992rear1.jpg

The top is also now constructed only using legal building techniques... OK. Almost :)

Here I am showing the interior of the cabin:

0992side.jpg

I am not that good a driver, so the truck ended on its nose. Oh dear!

But this lets me show you how the steering has been rebuilt in order for the front axle to be 12 studs wide:

0992under.jpg

As you can see, the two "liftarm 5" are strongly connected to the technic pieces in the front. This ensures that there sin't any unwanted suspension action going on.

The steering arms use "liftarm 2, half wide" in order to be offset by half a stud, and still hold strong enough onto the cross axles so that the steering doesn't come apart.

This will take quite a while to make instructions for, but they are on their way. I also have to process the pictures for the trailer. Stay tuned!

hello,...  ..this Truk 'more and more' up to date and realistic. beautiful :thumbup:

the front axle and 'successful, a steering wheel more' than another?

I hope you manage to do the instructions in a short period ..I want to build your own models:wub:

Edited by lucio

Wow! Way to go lucio! I like how you have added mud guards in the rear. It looks even better than what I have made instructions for.

Meanwhile I have finally gotten time to make instructions for the DAF.

It has been disassembled and I will update this thread with hourly progress:

instructions_hour_0.jpg

Edit: Progress after one hour:

instructions_hour_1.png

The first hour has been challenged by crashing MLCad and a parts librabry which was hopelessly out of date for the parts which I'm using. This is all I could manage to build!

Edit after 2 hours:

instructions_hour_2.png

Progress this hour was dominated by making the silicone band bend correctly.

Edit after  3 hours:

instructions_hour_3.png

Maybe It's just me who has become slow? I have to fix the placement of that part behind the motor!

Edit after 4 hours:

instructions_hour_4.png

The frame is finally done!

That will be all for tonight.

Edited by Lasse D
Update!

Thanks Lucio. I'm picking up the work today.

Here is the progress after 5 hours. You can see how the new technic part enables the steering without the friction which was previously annoying the trucks:

instructions_hour_5.png

Edit: Progress after 6 hours:

instructions_hour_6.png

I can't delay it any more. It's time to build the complicated front.

Edit: Building has resumed after dinner. Here is the progress after 7 hours.

The lower grille was completed - this time a couple of months faster than last time :D

instructions_hour_7.png

Edit after 8 hours of building

The cabin floor and front has been added. That concludes the instructions building for today.

instructions_hour_8.png

Edit: Into day 3 and hour 9 ends with the cabin being more finished:

instructions_hour_9.png

Hour 10

With any luck the main modeling will be done within the next hour.

instructions_hour_10.png

Hour 11

Did I make it in time?

instructions_hour_11.png

Nope. The rear wheels still have to be created. Then the whole model should be color cleared before instruction pages can be made. This is followed by assisting images, and a video to help with the building.

Edit: Building instructions are up!

Link to building instructions: http://c-mt.dk/instructions/models_truck-DafXfFtSpaceCab.htm

DafXfFtSpaceCab.png

Edited by Lasse D
Update!

wow I had a look at the instructions and they are great. This will be fun to build.....a big thank you for all your hard work. The trailer should be interesting!!

continues to create new models I'm glad to see your creation

lasse d thanks to you that you share with us your models by creating the instructions for us ... congratulations