snefroe

6973: Deep Freeze Defender

6973 Deep Freeze Defender

deep_freeze.jpg

It didn

Edited by snefroe1

Damn, this was gonna be the first I did a review for, but I should've known you'd do a better job *wink*

Excellent job, I like how you've analyzed it so well (I was actually thinking about the best way to show the mechanisms) -- very informative

I know there's a lot of hate for Ice Planet 2002, but I always had fun with it :redsmyliehappy:

That is one of the best Space sets that LEgo did...probably the best...Ice Planet 2002 was original, creative and that ship is really cool.

I love it

this is actually the only ice planet set i like

Me too, this ship is creative and playable. I once have the ship but lost it, where can I buy this back?

this is actually the only ice planet set i like

Me too, this ship is creative and playable. I once have the ship but lost it, where can I buy this back?

on bricklink

it's really cheap, actually, only a few dollars

Hi Snefroe,

Nice review, but you missed something.

When the ship is seperated you can place one cockpit on the front of the cargo section and the other on the rocket launcher. (you'll need to remove the satellite if you do)

I was rather pleased with the "airplane wings" myself. I bought my copies of the set based purely on the fact it had six of them.

There really isn't any Ice Planet 2002 set that jumps out at me.

The best thing about the theme for me were the minifig heads. Finally a bit of personality for minifigs.

Especially the female. Too bad she was only available in this one and the 6983 Ice Station Odyssey.

So, any other reviews planned?

Hi Snefroe,

Nice review, but you missed something.

When the ship is seperated you can place one cockpit on the front of the cargo section and the other on the rocket launcher. (you'll need to remove the satellite if you do)

I was rather pleased with the "airplane wings" myself. I bought my copies of the set based purely on the fact it had six of them.

There really isn't any Ice Planet 2002 set that jumps out at me.

The best thing about the theme for me were the minifig heads. Finally a bit of personality for minifigs.

Especially the female. Too bad she was only available in this one and the 6983 Ice Station Odyssey.

So, any other reviews planned?

oh i think i'missing several things in every review i do. you always wanna post 100 pictures and write 1000 lines, but then reality check comes into play and you discover the "delete" button on your pc...

you're right, a theme review would probably reveal that Ice planet just was not in the same league as Space Police or Blacktron, but arguably better than UFO...

The only reason this theme made the history books is because the minifigs, no doubt...

well, as you can see here, i still have to do lots of others, since all the other space members seem to be very lazy these days... :blacksmylielaughing:

Wow, that is awesome. *wub*

Where dya get it? ;-)

Oh, wait. Bricklink. I saw that as I looked at the posts.

the freezer is, btw, very regularly on sale at ebay. if it's not a priority purchase, i'd say keep an eye on the ebay offers for a few months and you'll most likely find one...