Sign in to follow this  
Quarryman

Belville Mafia: Day 3

Fuschia and Cornelia are ringing some alarm bells for me just from the way they are responding to events. Fuschia in particular seems to have some ideas today designed more to confuse than to help. :sweet:

While Fuchsia brought up some strange ideas like conversion, I don't really think it was intended to confuse us. Just because things are unlikely, doesn't mean they can't be true. Also, Irena said, she'd find the Amy-Fuchsia connection suspicious, before people started voting for her. And about Cornelia, I have no idea what you're talking about. Please specify.

Petra is still pudgy and seems mildly suspicious to me. I think my dearest Henry might have been on to something there. :laugh:

:hmpf: Now that's what I call good reasoning. :sarcasm_hmpf:

Richelle hasn't said a great deal, but nice to see her down for breakfast today. Tammo and Daniel haven't stood out much to me really asbeing good or bad. And I believe that covers everyone. Those are my thoughts thus far, what are yours dear family?

Both Tammo and Daniel are talking a lot, both seem to be supporting the town rather well. Of course, that's what the scum would try to look like as well, but I still think, the main suspects are you and Richelle.

Would you please refresh my memory, when did Richelle lie to us? I'm afraid, I don't remember. Would make her even more suspect.

No, I meant laying low. Sorry for the mix-up.

Yes. I don't see this as so farfetched? It's a scum tactic. People were already suspicious of Irena, what better way to don the disguise of a townie than to help vote off a scum? A scum that could have been seen as a liability due to the amount of suspicion already cast upon them, at that. And the scum who voted for them would be practically cleared as a townie. I just don't think we should stop watching our backs yet, scum can be awfully sneaky.

That's true, Irena hadn't really been disguising herself all that well, so I wouldn't be surprised if the scum decided to just get rid of her and gain our trust. However, it doesn't seem that likely. As I said earlier, they could've easily just waited for someone to die at random or jumped on the bandwagon for you.

The proposition that conversion is possible is ridiculous for our small family, so I'm not going to pay that any attention.

As crazy a proposition as it may be, we should still keep our minds open.

Amy is speaking sense so far today, so I feel we should focus on someone else for our investigations.

Now you're saying that the investigator shouldn't investigate Amy? Weren't you the one who started the vote off against her yesterday?

Just to put some names out there, I'll just briefly share my thoughts on everyone. Fuschia and Cornelia are ringing some alarm bells for me just from the way they are responding to events. Fuschia in particular seems to have some ideas today designed more to confuse than to help.

Fuchsia's ideas are a bit farfetched today, but like I just said, we have to keep our minds open. Also, could you explain what 'alarm bells' Cornelia is ringing for you? She seems pretty townie to me.

Petra is still pudgy and seems mildly suspicious to me. I think my dearest Henry might have been on to something there. :laugh:

Well, now that we've found out that Irena was scum, Petra seems a little more suspicious due to her defending of Irena yesterday. However, she did turn around and vote for her 'because she didn't want the day to end without a conviction', so that clears her somewhat.

Dragana- I'm inclined to place my vote for her but the only thing stopping me at this point is the fact that she's basically cloned the behavior of Irena. Would two scum try the exact same tactic? Surely they would try to appear helpful, right? Instead she wastes time with senseless banter and says nothing of substance. But you did seem to support the lynching of Amy when the alternative was Irena, a scum.

Yes, I'm worried about that as well. :sceptic: I wouldn't expect two scum to act exactly the same (and even argue on day one, even if it was about trivial things), but maybe they were doing that because it's what we would least expect.

Richelle- She responds to us at least but keeps reiterating that she has nothing to say. You have to have some opinions by now. If you're hoping to slip by unnoticed, it's too late. And in a game when there are so few of us and we cannot contact each other privately it's even more important that you speak up in thread. Otherwise what's our incentive for keeping a suspicious person around?

That's true, but I can't see a scum being that quiet. A good scum would most likely be out here trying to point us in the wrong direction, but then again, Irena was pretty silent and unhelpful too.

Again, no matter how possible it is that there is a scum among the Irena voters, it's more likely that, at the very least, one scum did not vote for her. If two scums participated in the vote, then they would have seriously tipped the vote.

It's like Cornelia said, no matter how suspicious we were of Irena, just having her was still helping the scum gain an advantage over us.

Nothing she has said dispels any of the doubts I have in her. What does everyone else think?

I agree; if anything, what she said has made me more suspicious of her. :sceptic:

Well, now that we've found out that Irena was scum, Petra seems a little more suspicious due to her defending of Irena yesterday. However, she did turn around and vote for her 'because she didn't want the day to end without a conviction', so that clears her somewhat.

No it doesn't. As has been mentioned a number of times today, if the scum did vote for Irena, it likely would've been as one of the final votes.

Well, I didn't actually defend her. While I had the gut feeling she was town, I didn't ignore the fact she had been acting scummy, otherwise I wouldn't have voted for her anyway. Still I found Amy more suspicious, which is why I voted for her. The decisive factor, which made me change my vote, was, as stated, the importance of a conviction, if that makes any sence.

No it doesn't. As has been mentioned a number of times today, if the scum did vote for Irena, it likely would've been as one of the final votes.

Even though this aspect is in my disfavor, I have to agree.

It's so quiet around here... :look:

Well, we may vote now, and I don't really think there's much to talk about anymore. Both our major suspects, Dragana and Richelle, have spoken up, neither was really convincing. So I'll vote: Richelle/Ricecracker.

I've decided to vote for Richelle (and not Dragana), because I'm also wondering if she'd really act that much like Irena, if they were both scum, which finally tips the scales. And Richelle has spoken even less than Dragana, so even if I'm wrong, the loss is slightly smaller.

I've decided to vote for Richelle (and not Dragana), because I'm also wondering if she'd really act that much like Irena, if they were both scum, which finally tips the scales. And Richelle has spoken even less than Dragana, so even if I'm wrong, the loss is slightly smaller.

What? If you don't think I would, why are you voting for me? Do you really think I'd be stupid enough to act in the same manner as Irena?

I also don't see how I'm a smaller loss, when all Dragana talks about is pies...

Since it seems like it's either me or Dragana, I'm going to Vote: Dragonator/Dragana.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I know I even said that Dragana acting exactly like Irena seems odd for scum behavior, but Richelle hasn't been acting so differently either.

I also don't know what to make of Richelle's sudden spurring to action. Is she a townie trying to get herself out of a hole or scum trying to point the finger elsewhere to save her scummy hide?

I'm still more inclined to vote for Dragana. I will ponder this a while and come back to vote soon.

It's so quiet around here... :look:

Well, we may vote now, and I don't really think there's much to talk about anymore. Both our major suspects, Dragana and Richelle, have spoken up, neither was really convincing. So I'll vote: Richelle/Ricecracker.

Thanks for breaking the ice, however, I think that Dragana should be our focus today.

Firstly, she seems more suspicious to me; her comments have all been very similar to Irena's, and even though that seems to lessen your suspicions, it does not for me. Richelle and Dragana may both be scum, but I'm more confident in Dragana's treachery than Richelle's (although you could hardly say that I'm confident in anything).

Secondly, Dragana has hardly contributed at all today! She's been more quiet than Richelle, only piping in once! and arguably less helpful, speaking of distrusting Fuchsia and Cornelia because they're "ringing alarm bells" but not providing any substantiation and reminding us how pudgy you are and then stating that "dearest Henry might have been on to something there" :hmpf::hmpf_bad:

I do find her similarity in behavior to Irena to be odd but I think she's playing it up. She has said very little logic (in my opinion) and is all-in-all suspicious. Moreover her distrusts lie in people whom I find un-suspicious, my wife and Cornelia, so I Vote: Dragana/Dragonator.

What? If you don't think I would, why are you voting for me? Do you really think I'd be stupid enough to act in the same manner as Irena?

She's referring to Dragana and put the parenthesis in the wrong place. (I think)

I've thought about it and Dragana just strikes me as more suspicious for all the reasons I've stated before.

I will Vote: Dragana (Dragonator). If something else comes up, I'm willing to listen but this feels right to me right now.

It's true, Dragana has been acting rather suspicious since this whole ordeal started, and what she said today makes her look even more suspicious. As stated before, the only doubt I have is that Dragana is acting almost exactly the same as Irena was (although Dragana is saying a bit more, but it's all still nonsense). Richelle also seems pretty suspicious to me, and she hasn't been adding anything really important, but at least she's not saying things like "Petra is still pudgy, I think my dear husband had a point there" and "Fuchsia and Cornelia have been ringing some alarm bells for me". With that said, I will

Vote: Dragana de Belle-ville (Dragonator)

I'm willing to unvote if something comes up.

I see, so let me get this straight.

We are voting for me because:

- I am in some vague and undefined way "suspicious"

- I was proactive yesterday and decided to start a vote when you were all just blathering and repeating the same information over and over. I should note I was not the only person to vote for Amy, and at the time I felt she was more suspicious than Irena. Lynch me for that if you will, but it just proves you're all morons. :sweet:

- I tried to give some opinions on people for the purpose of discussion

- ...hmmm, that it?

This is very sad, and I am disappointed in your lack of ability as a collective to try and come to a logical conclusion. Since I seem to be on the way out, my current two suspects for scum are:

Pudgy Petra

Corny Cornelia

Petra I believe could easily be the scum in the group that voted for Irena yesterday. Her sudden change of heart could easily have been because she was trying to make sure she wasn't in the small group of people who went against the scum conviction, making her look guilty like it supposedly makes myself and the others that voted for Amy/didn't vote look guilty. Cornelia is more a gut instinct from how she has been acting in public over the last few days, playing off what people have said, making sure someone else leads the vote before jumping in, all the sorts of things I would do if I was disloyal. I'm more certain of Pedra, but I would recommend keeping an eye on Cornelia as well.

You may think a lot of what I have said is fluff, but if you had any brains you would look past the references to pie and take into consideration some of the more serious points I have made. I tried to be subtle in places for obvious reasons, mainly that the scum are here with us, manipulating what we say and trying to turn the voting towards someone not of their own if they can, while still acting like the town. From what I have read, it is a common tactic for unloyal swine to vote against themselves early on so as to be as inconspicuous as possible, while still working towards avoiding the vote if at all possible. Yesterday they got very close to avoiding it; looks like they are going to manage it today, sadly.

I do think it hilarious that you are convicting me for "acting the same as Irena". I'm going to be laughing about that in my grave, I can assure you. :laugh: Perhaps that is more because Irena and I like to enjoy "life" rather than sit around repeating the same miserable crap over and over, regardless of our alignment. Clearly nobody in this family has a sense of humour. Food for thought, much like this delicious pie I baked earlier today. :classic:

I would recommend come tomorrow that you actually try considering everyone as a possible suspect, and not just the people who voted against the crowd or haven't said as much. I can assure you, the scum will very likely be the ones doing a lot of the talking, since that is the only way they can manipulate you into voting for the wrong people. Richelle may be a bit of a flake and only voting for me because supposedly we are the only two options for today, but I do think there isn't any reason to be suspicious of her for not saying much. In many ways, not saying much has helped to highlight the people that have perhaps been saying too much, making it easier to see where they have been manipulating the hive mind.

I'll leave you with those comments to consider, and wish you all the best in killing off the filth here with us. I hope that after I have been convicted you will at least take some of what I have said seriously and follow up on some of the leads we have started to uncover.

Oh, and since I should probably vote, I will Vote: Petra Steinethaler (Peanuts), as she is my biggest suspect.

Dragana retreats to the kitchen to bake herself a final delicious pie.

It's interesting, Dragana, that it has taken your conviction to persuade you to speak up, finally, but calling us all morons doesn't help your cause :hmpf:

My concern isn't that you've been acting the same as Irena, but that your earlier comment - which seemed to cast suspicion everywhere without any focus or reasoning - looks to me like a scummy attempt to divert attention from yourself. Couple that with no real attempt to hunt out the not loyals in the preceeding days, and I think you are the most likely suspect here, and I'm afraid your last attempt to squirm out of danger hasn't convinced me. :sceptic:

Vote: Dragana de Belle-Ville (Dragonator)

Enjoy your final pie :sweet:

Vote count:

Richelle de Belle-ville (Ricecracker): 1 (Peanuts)

Dragana de Belle-ville (Dragonator): 5 (Ricecracker, Dannylonglegs, CorneliusMurdock, Captain Tamamono, Rufus)

Petra Steinethaler (Peanuts): 1 (Dragonator)

As it takes 5 votes to convict the Day has ended with the conviction of Dragana de Belle-ville (Dragonator).

It is now Night, please send in those Night Actions as soon as you can, the sooner I get them, the sooner you can get Day 4. :classic: