DLuders

Nico71's Lego Technic Pneumatic Vehicle

DSCF9017.JPG

On his website, Nico71 recently posted his Lego Technic Pneumatic Vehicle, complete with photo-sequence Building Instructions. :cry_happy: He wrote that it "Features drive by a single cylinder engine, clutch, steering and front suspension. This MOC was designed to be shown at Fana’briques 2011, the most important Lego exhibition in France. The aim was to built a “kinematic” MOC in order to have parts in motion. The other aim was to have visible gears to get a more attractive vehicle. Consequently, the MOC is powered by a single pneumatic cylinder engine which provides 1 watt of power (at 3 bars of pressure). The basic principle is based on old steam vehicles or tractors. Then, a remoted clutch by a small cylinder provides the power on the rear wheel (with the main chain). The steering is operated by the steering wheel in the cab with a 8t/screw and lever system (through the chassis). The front suspension is made with a flex part on a live axle. Finally I have had details like the centrifugal governor or the tank (which hides the Air-tank).

DSCF9021.JPG

"Concerning the driving, a hand pump with 4 pumps gives power to the engine. The engine runs smoothly thanks to the inertia wheel. The engine is quite reliable, during 3 days of exhibition, the engine have run without problem. Through this MOC, I think the LPE [Lego Pneumatic Engine] MOC is a good example for a demonstration of what it is possible to do in Lego (such as in an exhibition). Also, I have created the building instructions as a photo sequence included a picture to see the whole parts." [scroll to the bottom of his webpage to see them.] :thumbup:

Very nicely done, i like the handpump. i guess you placed the Pneumatic Airtank in the front ?

[EDIT] After checking out the building instructions i guessed right [/EDIT]

Edited by P4trickvH

Great job on that. All the moving parts make my head spin.

I am happy that you like.

The main aim of this moc was to have a nice and moved displayed moc at Fana'briques. People like when something moves on the table during the exhibition (better than static moc). :)

In this way, I have also displayed my cuckoo clock and centrifugal tachometer.