Sign in to follow this  
legobeard

Crashed Ship MOC

Hello, today I will be showing you a MOC I have made. It is showing a ship that has crashed into a reef/some rocks and has started to sink. I'm not the best at MOC building, but I think this is some great work! :thumbup:

post-13855-130899391251.jpg

post-13855-13089939255.jpg

post-13855-130899393396.jpg

post-13855-130899394872.jpg

post-13855-130899395803.jpg

Yay! Let's just casually put some random pieces on a baseplate and call it a MOC. Sorry if I'm a bit too rough, but this is something a 3 year old would make.

Yay! Let's just casually put some random pieces on a baseplate and call it a MOC. Sorry if I'm a bit too rough, but this is something a 3 year old would make.

I undersand, but like I said, I'm not the best at MOCs :pir-blush:

Edited by legobeard

Thats a little harsh, but I think the problem arises from the quality of the pictures, maybe if we had a decent overview shot and the camera quality was a little higher the MOC would look better, I like the pose of the man sinking into the sea, but the boat head looks too sparse.

I would say its a good inital start, but it needs work.

Keep it up and you could create something brilliant:thumbup:

Here we've got a good point why this is an AFOL-board. We've got standards in MOCing here we expect because we've got years (sometimes decades) of buildin' experience. Not seing them in a MOC makes us giving constructive or even destructive feedback.

Legobeard says in his profile that he's 12 - Kid, this is a board for people who want to discuss building techniques and styles. When I was your age, I was using my Lego to create worlds and have fun in them - do the same - don't try to be grown up and miss all the fun by using your Lego to build models instead of playing with it.

@Corydoras: Tell this to a child and I consider you heartless. So I think you thought Legobeard was an andult - If you talked to me like this, I would feel bein' treated very impolitely - So yeah, for your standard this might be a little primitive - If you now that what you say sounds harsh, why not rephrase it? I love Eurobricks for bein' a place where all the people are generous and constructive and polite and committed. Let's keep it that way.

Edited by Horry

Please refrain from posting such rude comments in the future. At least give a little constructive feedback to go with the criticism.

Well put Horry and SirSven7.

Legobeard, do not be deterred by anyone, when there are so many people here willing to be helpful with your MOCing. The best way for you to improve is by doing it.

Now then, back to your Moc.

I suggest you build up the ship some, even if it's in a broken up manner.

Is there a story line?

Edited by dukeschunke

I suggest you build up the ship some, even if it's in a broken up manner.

I agree. Even though the sip crashed, perhaps you need to build up walls of your ship. Use different bricks with gaps in holes in the wall to look like punctured wood and where it is damaged. Also, I'm not sure if I saw some (haven't seen all the pictures) cannons. Make a cabin and wheel too. :pir-classic: Even another deck!(You could take some plates and stick them onto the sides of the ship diagonally to look like splintered and cracked floors.)

I'm not the best at broken ships so that is the advice I give you. For the background/environment, make some big rocks that would actually look it could obliterate a vessel. :pir-devil: Make it pointy and use slopes to make it look natural.

Let's just casually bash an inexperienced kids moc cause it's not up to a higher standard. Sorry if I'm a bit too rough Cory, but you're an adult and that comment sounds like something a 3 year old would write. As for this moc, I can see what your trying to achieve here and you have got the foundation, you just need to build on it a little. Like others have said, you could do with building up the ship a bit more and maybe have some broken masts strewn about. The more you build the better you will get, so keep building and try using pictures for reference as that will help. Don't let certain comments put you off, there as a lot of experienced builders here but they all had to start somewhere. You gain experience over time, not in an instant. Have a go at building you moc up some more and post pictures of your changes. I'm sure it will get better and better.

I thought this board is for adults only:

Eurobricks is intended for a mature (around 18 years of age) audience

In case you don't remember, the line above shows during the registration process. What's the point of having such information if it is being ignored? Don't blame me for thinking Eurobricks is an AFOL-oriented message board, I swear I didn't expect to meet a kid aged 12 here. In Poland we have an AFOL site that's very strict about age - only people above 18 are allowed to register; on the other hand, we also have a separate message board exclusively for teenagers. Everyone follows the rules and it's always clear whether I'm talking to an adult or a kid.

That may be the case but even so if you have nothing nice to say best to say nothing at all and save us all the embarressment.

And good on the little fella for taking your harsh comments on the chin (what a trooper). Keep at it legobeard it takes time buddy, good luck and have fun.

In case you don't remember, the line above shows during the registration process. What's the point of having such information if it is being ignored? Don't blame me for thinking Eurobricks is an AFOL-oriented message board, I swear I didn't expect to meet a kid aged 12 here. In Poland we have an AFOL site that's very strict about age - only people above 18 are allowed to register; on the other hand, we also have a separate message board exclusively for teenagers. Everyone follows the rules and it's always clear whether I'm talking to an adult or a kid.

It is, and as you can see, we are dealing with it. However, regardless of age, it is a requirement to be cordial to all members even if you might not agree. :pir-classic:

It is, and as you can see, we are dealing with it. However, regardless of age, it is a requirement to be cordial to all members even if you might not agree. :pir-classic:

Perfectly stated, just because someone breaks the rules, that doesn't give you the right to be rude, if you spot a situation you think is a problem, hit the report button.