Sign in to follow this  
brickitect

Do not buy this book on LEGO Trains

I hope this is ok to post this but I really wish to warn fellow LEGO trains enthusiasts: recently I bought "LEGO Trains" published by Alphascript Publishing (ISBN 13: 9786134294959). It is available on many online bookstores. In short, this book is just a collection of reprinted Wikipedia articles, and only four pages out of the 100-page book is on LEGO trains. Do not buy this!

Edited by brickitect

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Lego Trains is a long-running product range and theme of the construction toy Lego, which incorporates buildable train sets. Products in the range have included locomotives, tracks, rolling stock, train stations, signal houses, and other track-side buildings. The theme is popular among adult fans, as well as children, and has spawned international associations and conventions. The train system is sometimes referred to as 'L-gauge' amongst fans, in reference to traditional model railway scales.

Sounds awful.

I just looked up the publisher on the net, they publish books on anything, though it's the same information that's free on the net. So they are expensive books for lazy people and also said people must have too much money to burn on such silly books. :wink:

Hey, a Lego trains book with 4 pages on actually Lego trains, oh, yeah ! :sarcasm_smug:

The only good Lego books I have found are DK ones.

The front is nice though ;) a Dutch MAT-64 in LEGOLAND scale.

@lightningtiger: but I think the Railbricks crew should be able to make a better book after some more Railbrick magazines ;)

That sucks about the book and thanks for the warning about it.

I liked "Getting Started with Lego Trains" by Jake McKee. Great pictures and good info. I decided to

"help" the greater good by donating my copy of the book to the public library, hoping they would

put it on their shelves for others to read. Alas, I think the book just went to their

donation table. I hope they got good money for it if they sold it.

And for some light-hearted lego-related fun....

Lego Train Commercial (youtube)

I saw this and had to post this... :angel_sing::wacko:*huh*

And for some light-hearted lego-related fun....

Lego Train Commercial (youtube)

I saw this and had to post this... :angel_sing::wacko:*huh*

I still remember this commercial ad when it was on tv long long time ago! brings back good memories

have a nice train lego day

mrBlue