KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

I went a little crazy and picked up these sets at these prices on ebay:

7964 Republic Frigate $88.77 (complete used w/ figs in sealed bags)

7965 Millennium Falcon $85 (complete used w/ figs)

8096 Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle $28 (complete used w/ figs and several color substitutions)

9500 Sith Fury Class Interceptor $66 (new sealed box)

75019 AT-TE $42 (new sealed box)

Now I will wait for Jedi Defender Class Cruiser 75025 for May the Fourth to get Revan. I cannot wait to open 3 out of 5 sets with sealed bags and almost 5000 pieces at around 0.06 cents per piece.

Both brand new and sealed:

8088 Star Wars Arc-170 Starfighter - Missed this when it was out, one of the better looking starfighters in the PT IMO.

10198 Lego Tantive IV Anniversary Edition - Been wanting this set for a while, was waiting on a good price. Should arrive today, will start building this evening!

Both brand new and sealed:

8088 Star Wars Arc-170 Starfighter - Missed this when it was out, one of the better looking starfighters in the PT IMO.

10198 Lego Tantive IV Anniversary Edition - Been wanting this set for a while, was waiting on a good price. Should arrive today, will start building this evening!

Isn't the 8088 the clone wars version. Would be interested in what the differences are with the ROTS version accept for the mini figures of course.

I'm wanting the 10198 too but Sandcrawler comes first for me

Was in a real life Lego store for the first time ever today (Edmonton), and it turns out I shouldn't be left unsupervised in such a store. Picked up a Sea Cow, Sydney Opera House and, most importantly, a Super Star Destroyer.

Don't think I should build it in the hotel room though...might be tough to get in the elevator in one piece. :-)

Isn't the 8088 the clone wars version. Would be interested in what the differences are with the ROTS version accept for the mini figures of course.

I'm wanting the 10198 too but Sandcrawler comes first for me

8088 is an Episode III version. I don't think they have a clone wars version of the ARC-170.

Sandcrawler will be around for years, but 10198 will probably just get more expensive as time goes on. I'd rethink your priorities if you want a Tantive ;)

What's a good price for Tantive IV 10198?

Saw one for $160 without figs

I paid $202 shipped for a sealed set, plus I cashed in $25 worth of ebay bucks. It arrived today, box is beat to hell but everything inside is pristine.

Edited by naf

8088 is an Episode III version. I don't think they have a clone wars version of the ARC-170.

Sandcrawler will be around for years, but 10198 will probably just get more expensive as time goes on. I'd rethink your priorities if you want a Tantive ;)

I paid $202 shipped for a sealed set, plus I cashed in $25 worth of ebay bucks. It arrived today, box is beat to hell but everything inside is pristine.

Sorry but I am pretty sure you are wrong there, 8088 is a Clone Wars set you can tell by the minifigs and also the Lego Visual dictoinary has iut down as a CW set. 7259 is the ROTS set/version. As i only own the 7259 I was just wondering if there was a difference in the build.

Sorry but I am pretty sure you are wrong there, 8088 is a Clone Wars set you can tell by the minifigs and also the Lego Visual dictoinary has iut down as a CW set. 7259 is the ROTS set/version. As i only own the 7259 I was just wondering if there was a difference in the build.

The 8088 Has a sturdier and better nose, bigger engines, twin tail guns, and a slightly redesigned cockpit / canopy.

Just had to say it, because it's one of my favorite sets. :wink:

i recently have acquired a 10030 :blush: !!

Awesome! I bought this set when it came out years ago; and it's one of my favorite all-time sets. Did you get it MISB?

Was in a real life Lego store for the first time ever today (Edmonton), and it turns out I shouldn't be left unsupervised in such a store. Picked up a Sea Cow, Sydney Opera House and, most importantly, a Super Star Destroyer.

I was in there the other day and struggled between Haunted House vs. Town Hall. In the end went with TH. Took advantage of some accumulated VIP points, and the double points promotion.

I still struggle with the SSD though. I haven't bought one yet and not sure if I will. I just find the CDN msrp unjustifiable at $500. Crazy price and unfavorable price/piece ratio (0.16) relative to most other large sets. (Although I know there'd be regret if I wait, it retires and then goes for a lot more). I wish that damn set would go on sale. (50% off May 4 promo... please Lego, please?)

The visual dictionary is incorrect, it is an Episode III set. The minifigs don't have the weird clone wars eyes, as can be seen in the brickipedia entry: http://lego.wikia.co...170_Starfighter

** edit ** Various sources seem to contradict what subtheme this set is in, I guess it doesn't really matter. The ship and Captain Jag appeared in Episode III, they don't have those goofy Clone Wars eyes, and the ship looks sleek, so it's great in my book! :thumbup:

I don't have the previous one, so I can't really comment on the differences. I can say that I the 8088 is a very nice looking starship. It's very sturdy, and the clone pilot minifigs are nice.

Edited by naf

Is 8808 the best starfighter? Maybe we could rank our top 5-10 in terms of quality set design.

I can't pick one "best" starfighter, I like them all. I really like the latest X-wing, Y-wing, A-wing, and TIE fighter, I think they capture the look of the ships really well for being minifig scale. I really hope they redo the TIE interceptor and TIE Bomber at some point in the near future.

The visual dictionary is incorrect, it is an Episode III set. The minifigs don't have the weird clone wars eyes, as can be seen in the brickipedia entry: http://lego.wikia.co...170_Starfighter

** edit ** Various sources seem to contradict what subtheme this set is in, I guess it doesn't really matter. The ship and Captain Jag appeared in Episode III, they don't have those goofy Clone Wars eyes, and the ship looks sleek, so it's great in my book! :thumbup:

I don't have the previous one, so I can't really comment on the differences. I can say that I the 8088 is a very nice looking starship. It's very sturdy, and the clone pilot minifigs are nice.

Its certainly in clone wars style box. I bought the 7259 as I try to avoid clone wars sets but i must admit i was disappointed that the pilots were not correct with the open helmet etc like they are in the 8088 set. Although the latest V wing has corrected that which was nice.

I was in there the other day and struggled between Haunted House vs. Town Hall. In the end went with TH. Took advantage of some accumulated VIP points, and the double points promotion.

I still struggle with the SSD though. I haven't bought one yet and not sure if I will. I just find the CDN msrp unjustifiable at $500. Crazy price and unfavorable price/piece ratio (0.16) relative to most other large sets. (Although I know there'd be regret if I wait, it retires and then goes for a lot more). I wish that damn set would go on sale. (50% off May 4 promo... please Lego, please?)

Yeah, I was on again /off again with this one since I started buying/collecting, but it knew I'd regret leaving the store without it. It does seem somewhat overpriced all right, but now that our dollar has slid vs the USD it doesn't seem so disproportionate at least. I picked up a used 10030 ISD for ~$775 CAD delivered, so the SSD is comparatively almost a bargain at $475 with the VIP savings. :-)

I haven't really looked into any of the Lego buildings yet, though they do look quite nice and would appear to be a whole new way of abusing the bank account. Picked up the Opera House as the display model looked very cool, and have a friend in Oz who works near it and raves about the design.

I can't pick one "best" starfighter, I like them all. I really like the latest X-wing, Y-wing, A-wing, and TIE fighter, I think they capture the look of the ships really well for being minifig scale. I really hope they redo the TIE interceptor and TIE Bomber at some point in the near future.

I have all of those save for the TIE fighter. I agree, those are all very well designed sets. I also have the Headhunter, Saesee Tiin fighter and new Jedi interceptor. I really wanted the ARC 170 but decided the Headhunter is close in design. What are your opinions on the PT ships like new Vulture or the retired Grevious fighter?

I have all of those save for the TIE fighter. I agree, those are all very well designed sets. I also have the Headhunter, Saesee Tiin fighter and new Jedi interceptor. I really wanted the ARC 170 but decided the Headhunter is close in design. What are your opinions on the PT ships like new Vulture or the retired Grevious fighter?

I have the 6208 B-Wing, which so far based on pictures I like more than the new one coming out. I also have the 7877 Naboo fighter, 9494 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor. At first I didn't like the PT vehicles (based no the film, not set design) so I dismissed them. However, they've grown on me. The ARC-170 is my favorite of them all, but the wings are really floppy, the entire engine and wing assembly is only held on by a couple of technic pins. I want to mod it to be more sturdy. The Naboo fighter is a close 2nd, as I always thought they looked neat in the movie. It's disappointing that the stickers have started to lift off a few days after application. Hate stickers.

I will get the Vulture since I don't have any "bad guy" PT fighters, but I'm not a big fan of it. I don't like how they put a cockpit in it as it's an unmanned droid. Lots of stickers too.

Edited by naf

Awesome! I bought this set when it came out years ago; and it's one of my favorite all-time sets. Did you get it MISB?

No, used without box but with instructions, 100% complete!! and all pieces as new!

No, used without box but with instructions, 100% complete!! and all pieces as new!

Score! I think that's even better. You got the set just like new but didn't have to pay the exhorbitant price of a new set.

I just bought the 7695 millenium falcon and the 9493 x wing after coming out of semi-dark ages (only bought small 10-20$ sets for about 10 years). Looking forward to getting some time so I can get buliding.

Ps. FIRST POST! ( If you have a problem with caps I don't care, first posts are important. You'll never forget your first. Haha)

I picked up a Utapau Troopers BP, and a Kashyyyk Troopers BP just for the figs. I'm still not sold on the new guns yet and the tri-droid is awful, but the figs made it worth the money.