Sir Bricksalot

Ideas for Lego Giant?

Hello! I am currently working on building a Lego giant, specifally Goliath. My intent is to build him on such a scale that he will be a giant compared to other minifigs. I have made a brick built figure, so this is a bit of a challenge for me. Does anyone know of any good techniques that could help me build this figure? Thank you!

Would this be big enough?

if it is, instructions are available to build from scratch and most bricks used are common

hope it helps!!

Pirate

Would this be big enough?

if it is, instructions are available to build from scratch and most bricks used are common

hope it helps!!

Pirate

Thank you for the suggestion, but I'm looking for something on a much smaller scale. I guess the best way to describe it would be a beefed up minifig.

How big of a giant is this giant you want? Biblically, Goliath was around the ten-foot tall mark (six cubits and a span), so he'd be a brick or so under the two-minifig height.

EDIT: You must've posted while I was looking up his height.

Are you open to modified pieces? If so, one of the minifig-shaped flashlights might work well.

Edited by Brickdoctor

For this project, modified pieces are not an option. I'm struggling with how to build him out of bricks and still maintain realism and playability.

Perhaps a variant on the TTfig would work? Legs a little longer and the longer Toy Story arms?

something like the LEGO flash light ?

For this project, modified pieces are not an option. I'm struggling with how to build him out of bricks and still maintain realism and playability.

You might want to have a squiz at the brick-built statues in my MOC "Temple of Amset-Ra" - it's in the Action forums. They ended up being quite posable, altough a little thin in places. Size-wise, they are about 2.5 minifigs tall.

Edited by gabe

Sometime in my browsing in the past week I ran across someone's dioramas where they'd taken a minifig torso and put it on brickbuilt legs that ended up making them ~20%? taller than a standard minifg, but still retained the ability to pose the legs.

Unfortunately I can't remember where exactly it was I saw this, but maybe my description can jog someone else's memory... the figures were Napoleonic-era soldiers, all done in this same way.

Sometime in my browsing in the past week I ran across someone's dioramas where they'd taken a minifig torso and put it on brickbuilt legs that ended up making them ~20%? taller than a standard minifg, but still retained the ability to pose the legs.

Unfortunately I can't remember where exactly it was I saw this, but maybe my description can jog someone else's memory... the figures were Napoleonic-era soldiers, all done in this same way.

I'm pretty sure those were TT figs as brickdoctor mentioned

Perhaps a variant on the TTfig would work? Legs a little longer and the longer Toy Story arms?

Which is also the first thing I thought of to recommend.