r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

1 hour ago, Pop Star c o said:

I hope we'll get at least one series with more minifigures. Twelve is just too little:cry2:

In my opinion, the best option for the minifigure series theme would be the Lord of the Rings. But that one should have at least 20 minifigures to do justice to the franchise. Another one I'd love would be Doctor Who.

May I make a suggestion? Apex Legends, That game is ideal for a CMF series.

LOTR won't happen because of the way the licensed with the company that makes LOTR tabletop stuff works. LEGO is not allowed (or certainly was not allowed in the past) to make anything that has too high a ratio of figs to bricks (hence why the helms deep wall set has so much brick for the number of figs)

3 hours ago, jonwil said:

LOTR won't happen because of the way the licensed with the company that makes LOTR tabletop stuff works. LEGO is not allowed (or certainly was not allowed in the past) to make anything that has too high a ratio of figs to bricks (hence why the helms deep wall set has so much brick for the number of figs)

I guess this explains why the Rivendell set also had to be that big to fit in the entire fellowship.

I think Lord of the rings / Hobbits CMF seires would be great. It’s unfair that Rivendell set is extortionately high… I wou love to collect the characters from LOTR/Hobbits franchise. But I agree with Jon wil.

Oout of boredom, so I will ask you a random quesiton….

is it likely for Lego to relese Mario CMF Series? I know thee are not a lot of humanoid characters, like Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Daisy but I think it would be nice to have some proper molded characters rather than digifigures, Ike Yoshi, Toad, etc. 

I mean I’m not just a fan of digitfigures myself so I just speak for myself. But I’m just curious what is your thought on this idea. 

With the release of the Eldorado Fortress 10320, I do keep my fingers crossed we'll get some cool Pirate minifig in the next wave.

20 hours ago, zinnn said:

With the release of the Eldorado Fortress 10320, I do keep my fingers crossed we'll get some cool Pirate minifig in the next wave.

Yeah, that would be cool to get more pirate mini figs in the regular CMF series! 

Maybe a pirate-themed CMF Series!

1.) Captian Pirate (female)

2.) Sketeal Pirate (only one sketal arm, one regular minifigure arm)

3.) Bluecoat Commander 

4.) Governor 

5.) Zombie Pirate (not captian from S15)

6.) Pirate Fairy

7.) Pirate Ship Costume

8.) Stranded Pirate (with a goat)

9.) Bluecoat Soldier

10.) Female Pirate (with a new braided hair piece that goes down front of toros )

11.) Mermaid

12.) Islander 

Edited by Lion King

On 6/16/2023 at 1:13 PM, Lion King said:

Oout of boredom, so I will ask you a random quesiton….

is it likely for Lego to relese Mario CMF Series? I know thee are not a lot of humanoid characters, like Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Daisy but I think it would be nice to have some proper molded characters rather than digifigures, Ike Yoshi, Toad, etc. 

I mean I’m not just a fan of digitfigures myself so I just speak for myself. But I’m just curious what is your thought on this idea. 

I am not a fan of the 'buildable' minifigures. 

People were speculating that the Mario line could get a reboot. Aren't all of their sets going to be discontinued? Was it late this year? An influencer speculated that if true, CMFs might be possible.

Yoshi can possibly borrow the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' shell. That minifig line also has some bespoke moulded torsos.

6 minutes ago, hikouki said:

I am not a fan of the 'buildable' minifigures. 

People were speculating that the Mario line could get a reboot. Aren't all of their sets going to be discontinued? Was it late this year? An influencer speculated that if true, CMFs might be possible.

Yoshi can possibly borrow the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' shell. That minifig line also has some bespoke moulded torsos.

100% agreed with you. Buildable minifigures don’t scream to me to buy them at all. 

If it’s true, then yes, please minifigure characters!we will have Sonic the Hedgehog theme and these minifigures are what I’m talking about. 

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

100% agreed with you. Buildable minifigures don’t scream to me to buy them at all. 

If it’s true, then yes, please minifigure characters!we will have Sonic the Hedgehog theme and these minifigures are what I’m talking about. 

Disney fans were all worked up when Aurora released in the CMF - people were complaining that she looks like Princess Peach!!! LOL

It would be funny if Lego releases Peach, and she indeed looks like Aurora!!!

On 6/17/2023 at 7:52 PM, Lion King said:

Yeah, that would be cool to get more pirate mini figs in the regular CMF series! 

Maybe a pirate-themed CMF Series!

1.) Captian Pirate (female)

2.) Sketeal Pirate (only one sketal arm, one regular minifigure arm)

3.) Bluecoat Commander 

4.) Governor 

5.) Zombie Pirate (not captian from S15)

6.) Pirate Fairy

7.) Pirate Ship Costume

8.) Stranded Pirate (with a goat)

9.) Bluecoat Soldier

10.) Female Pirate (with a new braided hair piece that goes down front of toros )

11.) Mermaid

12.) Islander 

This would be a dream!

1 hour ago, zinnn said:

This would be a dream!

Yeah! Just like Series 18 to celebrate 40th anniversary of minifigures so why not a pirate/castle/space-themed series?! 

11 hours ago, Lion King said:

Yeah! Just like Series 18 to celebrate 40th anniversary of minifigures so why not a pirate/castle/space-themed series?! 

That's a great idea!!!

I would want one CMF series for each theme! LOL

But more realistically, I think Lego could just combine Pirates, Castle, Vikings, City and Space in one CMF set!

I hold out hope that the female Viking hair from the recent Viking ship set will end up in the CMF at some point ... maybe as a Shieldmaiden?

On 6/18/2023 at 5:55 AM, zinnn said:

Yes, I’m hopeful they will do a fig which will tie-in with 10320 in some way.

IMO the most egregious omission from that set was a Captain or sailor for the merchant ship. Lego has never given us proper naval or merchant seamen before meaning soldiers have always had to crew the imperial ships. 

As the next cmf series will be in boxes rather then blind bags, and Lego knows that this move is unpopular with collectors, I’m also wondering if Lego will a) try to win over collectors by stacking the series with popular tropes (Knights/Pirates/Space etc or b) include some sort of chase figure e.g. a Heidi-inspired goatherd?!.

On 6/20/2023 at 5:29 AM, hikouki said:

That's a great idea!!!

I would want one CMF series for each theme! LOL

But more realistically, I think Lego could just combine Pirates, Castle, Vikings, City and Space in one CMF set!

Wouldn't that look like a fairly normal CMF series? The City type figures tend to be more represented than others, but we typically get a few space and historic characters in each. 

On 6/21/2023 at 7:27 PM, DarrellBricker said:

I hold out hope that the female Viking hair from the recent Viking ship set will end up in the CMF at some point ... maybe as a Shieldmaiden?

That would be great! Or at least, it could show up in Viking Village set next year. 

13 hours ago, Lion King said:

Viking Village set next year. 

Current credible info is that the Viking village is Landing in October.

On 5/14/2023 at 2:51 PM, FinlayTheFaithful said:

May I make a suggestion? Apex Legends, That game is ideal for a CMF series.

Except for all the guns. And the war aspect. I could see a TF2 set much like the Horizon one but yeahhhhh..... Can't see it happening bud.

On 6/23/2023 at 11:09 PM, jonwil said:

Current credible info is that the Viking village is Landing in October.

Oh my mistake, thanks. 

Oooh, how about Viking-themed CMF? Including Norse gods!

how about this:

1.) Undead Viking

2.) Shildmaid 

3.) Allfather (Odin) (a new wide-brimmed hat to hide a missing eye).

4.) Trickster (Loki)

5.) Hammer-Wielding God (Thor) (wiht a new Viking ha with two braided hairs)

6.) Viking Ship Costume Guy

7.) Underworld Queen (Hel) 

8.) Vilager

9.) Farmer

10.) Alf

11.) Dwarf 

12.) Orge

Edited by Lion King

53 minutes ago, SamVimes said:

Except for all the guns. And the war aspect. I could see a TF2 set much like the Horizon one but yeahhhhh..... Can't see it happening bud.

True, it has a slim chance of happening but keep in mind

1) The guns in Apex are all sci-fi looking and made by fictional manufacturers, so there is no way they could exist in real life

2) The game itself is less of a war and more of a competition where a group of oddballs fight to be the last one standing like a certain game on Epic Store

So it could happen, but you are right on them possibly going with any other shooter tho

12 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

True, it has a slim chance of happening but keep in mind

1) The guns in Apex are all sci-fi looking and made by fictional manufacturers, so there is no way they could exist in real life

2) The game itself is less of a war and more of a competition where a group of oddballs fight to be the last one standing like a certain game on Epic Store

So it could happen, but you are right on them possibly going with any other shooter tho

1. Almost every gun in Apex is based on a real world weapon, Ryan Lastimosa was pretty open about the design process.

2. Apex is at best a blood sport and a direct consequence of the Frontier War. TLG is heavily anti-military/conflict for sets not tied to a huge IP like Star Wars. Also Overwatch burned the shit out of Lego so I don't see them looking at FPS's for a while.

3. Why focus on any FPS? Narrative and Retro easily give more idea's. The Sonic sets will sell well, Zelda (if it ever appears) would be a much better choice for a CMF series, And the Tallneck sold well, Sony are in for other sets and have tons of studios to pull IP's from. 

9 minutes ago, SamVimes said:

1. Almost every gun in Apex is based on a real world weapon, Ryan Lastimosa was pretty open about the design process.

2. Apex is at best a blood sport and a direct consequence of the Frontier War. TLG is heavily anti-military/conflict for sets not tied to a huge IP like Star Wars. Also Overwatch burned the shit out of Lego so I don't see them looking at FPS's for a while.

3. Why focus on any FPS? Narrative and Retro easily give more idea's. The Sonic sets will sell well, Zelda (if it ever appears) would be a much better choice for a CMF series, And the Tallneck sold well, Sony are in for other sets and have tons of studios to pull IP's from. 

Ok, you've beat me there, I will have to admit that

On 6/24/2023 at 5:50 PM, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Ok, you've beat me there, I will have to admit that

Nah man, it's not about "winning", But FPS's are always brought up, The Video Game thread has so many good suggestions outside of violent FPS's, I mean Sony could do a complete CMF with no problem. 

5 minutes ago, SamVimes said:

Nah man, it's not about "winning", But FPS's are always brought up, The Video Game thread has so many good suggestions outside of violent FPS's, I mean Sony could do a complete CMF with no problem. 

Ok, what about a Shantae CMF? That IP is pretty popular nowadays