Sign in to follow this  
-JD-

REVIEW: 4182 The Cannibal Escape

71 members have voted

1. 1. How to you rate this set?

Yesterday eve I put together the Cannibal Escape set and was pleasantly surprised. The set contains quite a few useful bricks, has nice figs and some nice details.

My conclusion is this is a must have. Great for MOCers, great for kids (playability) and just a great set for PotC fans.

Thanks for sharing.

At first glance, just looking at the box art at a local store, my impression is 'Oh, nice cannibals'.

Then the price forced me to put it back on the shelf, convince myself I don't need it, and start pushing my shopping cart.

But now after seeing this review, and looking at the details of the other structures and pieces of this set, it appeals to me more.

I hate this feeling.

When I first saw the releases of POTC, I thought that London Escape was going to be my set of choice - but when I saw it up close, I wasn't quite as impressed...I probably will get it, but not at its release price.

However, this review really intrigued me and I liked the idea of the bone cage. The original Islanders theme has some of my favourite sets in it, so I was quite keen to get hold of the bones and the spit to use in Islander builds. I waited for a good price, and got a great one (£15) and I haven't been disappointed.

I have mostly been building sets with 600+ pieces, so I thought that I wouldn't be that engrossed by a smaller set but I found it great fun to build. I thought that the tree structure was the most fun part and it looks excellent when it has been built. The bone cage is cleverly put together and the quality of the minifigures (Jack's face is worth noting, and I was impressed that the two cannibals were different and not generic) is really excellent. Similarly, even the multi-coloured parrot made me grin!

I was prepared to be disappointed by this set, thinking that it was going to be too small but it looks fantastic now that it's up, and I really enjoyed building it. I highly recommend this set - if you can find it on sale, all the better! :pir-grin:

This set is my favorite in the theme, excluding the Black Pearl. I have been thinking about getting it, but decided not to because of the ridiculous price. However, after this review I think I will, if not just for the awesome parts. I LOVE the inclusion of the top platform (really does give the "fort" feel), it's pretty nice.