user

Portal 2 discussion

I'm amazed a topic for this hasn't already been made. :look:

So it comes out tomorrow. What are your thoughts on it? Have you pre-ordered it yet? Did you like the first one?

Let the discussion begin!

I personally can't wait for this, I got portal 1 a couple weeks ago and loved it so I already have 2 it pre-ordered. :wub:

Edited by ComputerBug

I got up extra early this morning just to play it, and am already up to chapter five. Having loved the first game to death, I'm happy to say that Portal 2 easily blows it out of the water in every aspect. The graphics are far more colorful and detailed, the voice acting and writing are as wonderful as ever, and the puzzles flawlessly balance the mechanics of the first game with a host of creative new gadgets. So far, my favorite gameplay addition has to be the thermal discouragement beam, which serves both as a switch activation device and a weapon for turning those pesky turrets into burnt slag. :thumbup:

I got up extra early this morning just to play it, and am already up to chapter five. Having loved the first game to death, I'm happy to say that Portal 2 easily blows it out of the water in every aspect. The graphics are far more colorful and detailed, the voice acting and writing are as wonderful as ever, and the puzzles flawlessly balance the mechanics of the first game with a host of creative new gadgets. So far, my favorite gameplay addition has to be the thermal discouragement beam, which serves both as a switch activation device and a weapon for turning those pesky turrets into burnt slag. :thumbup:

Nice to know it's a good game, I've been unable to play it because of a severe bug mine has (The most unfunny username pun ever) so I'll have to wait a while to play it. :hmpf_bad: I'm greatly looking forward to it though.

Edited by ComputerBug

Nice to know it's a good game, I've been unable to play it because of a severe bug mine has (The most unfunny username pun ever) so I'll have to wait a while to play it. :hmpf_bad: I'm greatly looking forward to it though.

oh cruel irony, thou be a tempting mistress :laugh:

I'm interested to see how this game works, I am unfamiliar with the original, but I plan on renting this some time soon!

Getting it tomorrow on the NZ release day! Pretty pumped for this game. I love the first portal and having a longer version will be incredible. But Im getting it on PS3 cause that way I dont have to pay for it on my computer. :tongue: Everyone seems to love it so Im sure it will be good. All the new features look like they add a lot to the game and I hope it doesnt get caught in the portal 1 trap which is using the same techniques to solve a level (my only criticism about that game).

Can someone explain how portal fits into the half-life universe (and vice-versa)? Im curious cause that game seems interesting...

Edited by Roncanator

I can't wait! I never had even heard of Portal before my friend showed it to me on his computer. Then I got really excited about one coming out for the PS3! I hope that I can get it soon since my video game money has already been put towards the POTC Lego game.

I can't wait! I never had even heard of Portal before my friend showed it to me on his computer. Then I got really excited about one coming out for the PS3! I hope that I can get it soon since my video game money has already been put towards the POTC Lego game.

In fact the PS3 version comes with a license key for the PC/Mac version as well so you get 3 for the price of one, and you can play cooperative games between PCs/MACs and PS3s. The XBox 360 version is standalone, and coop is restricted to Xbox 360s only.

I'm not sure whether to get the PC version or the Xbox version, having played Portal 1 on the PC originally, but I've got used to playing fps' like the Halo games on the Xbox 360. The PC version should give access to the modding toolkit though to create new levels. That will probably swing it, as well as the price difference.

Regards

Kaitain

Good news guys! I fixed my copy. :thumbup: The game is awesome the new features add a lot more variety to the levels and the jokes GlaDos make are hilarious.

Can someone explain how portal fits into the half-life universe (and vice-versa)? Im curious cause that game seems interesting...

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure aperture science is a rival of Black mesa. I honestly don't get why they made it tie into the Half-life games it doesn't have the same feel to it at all and I can't really picture Gordon being it the enrichment center. :sceptic:

Just finished playing it.

Really good game,and I like the story,game play and everything.

Screenshots:

5644645231_f972500e8a.jpg

Didn't expect that,did you?

5644641855_a0b4b0b99f.jpg

GLaDOS

This game is really fun with the co-op stuff to. Me and a buddy have been going through that story-mode and we both are hooked on this game

I finished it last night. That ending sure was a thing huh.

Black mesa and Apeture are rivals. Portal 1 takes place between Half life 1 and 2. There's a few references to the combine near the end. In HL2 E2 we hear of a ship called the boarialis, which is a owned by apeture and disappeared.

I finished it last night. That ending sure was a thing huh.

SPAAAAAAAAAAACE.

Has anyone seen this? Portal 2 orphan controversy

Context is a wonderful thing. I might have to go back and play it again for that scene- as I recall, Wheatley completely bungles up that insult.

What I like about the game is the villains. Yes, we all know and remember GlaDOS from the first game, but at the same time it was a character and a boss you kind of expected (thanks to all those films where hardware and software startshating prople).

But in that matter the second part was even better. I doubt that I was the only one who really HATED Wheatley by the end of the gam and felt a bit pity for GlaDOS.

P.S.

Oddly, but I wouyldn't really mind if my girlfriend would've been like her. :look::wub:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

SPAAAAAAAAAAACE.

Has anyone seen this? Portal 2 orphan controversy

Context is a wonderful thing. I might have to go back and play it again for that scene- as I recall, Wheatley completely bungles up that insult.

wow, i didn't even know it was a controversy lol

>.>

wow, i didn't even know it was a controversy lol

me too. :look:

If you look at the joke that way it seems really sinister. But they have to understand that that's who Wheatley becomes, a bumbling fool. And Corvus I think you are right. I think he stuffs up a joke and turns to plain insults.

But the joke is pretty funny in the context of the game. :laugh: