Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Mafia School: Escape From Isla Paradisa

This was actually one of the things that drove me nuts. Everyone was calling me Doc, and I was calling Kartoffel the Doc, and other people referred to the Doctor as the Doc, and pretty soon I had no idea which was which. :laugh:

Be happy they didn't start calling Dr as well, that would be confusing.

No no, I have no problem with being called that (I actually like it), it just confused me during the game. :blush:

Oh, okay. I can see how that would be confusing.

Be happy they didn't start calling me Dr as well, that would be confusing.

Oops, I tried to edit my post, Looks like I pushed the wrong button, sorry!

Edited by dr jones

This looked like a lot of fun, gutted I wasn't chosen initially, but there's always next time.

Well done to everyone who took part for the entertainment, and respect to Sandy and the lovely Lego sets :thumbup:

That way the players could always trust the host to tell them the truth

But shouldn't the host always have to be fair and impartial to everyone? Have there been cases where a host lies and has been untrustworthy? Just curious. :look:

But shouldn't the host always have to be fair and impartial to everyone? Have there been cases where a host lies and has been untrustworthy? Just curious. :look:

Look up the insane or paranoid roles in mafiawiki, there are a number of roles where the result isn't what you're told. They tend to screw players up when they first encounter them, but with a little experience people get more cautious with roles, especially cop and doctor ones.

Look up the insane or paranoid roles in mafiawiki, there are a number of roles where the result isn't what you're told. They tend to screw players up when they first encounter them, but with a little experience people get more cautious with roles, especially cop and doctor ones.

Oh yeah I remember reading about these roles, so in these cases the host isn't technically lying since the results will be 'skewed' based on the insanity of the power role. Now I understand what Sandy's saying about trusting the host with only the basic roles.

"You were enthusiastic, but that did not help you against the Mafia goons. You did nothing wrong, though."

Thanks Sandy, it has been a pleasure watching the game progress and being mentored by you! Well done Townies! You stuck together and made it through, im so proud! :sweet:

Thanks again to Sandy, without you I never would have discovered Mafia. :wub:

CF

A little late to the party, but I just wanted to say well done to [most of] the players. You guys (and gals default_thumbup.gif) played excellently, and I look forward to seeing some of you in advanced games. Although I didn't follow the player posts too closely, it was fun to watch you have your first mafia experiences.

Also, a job well done to the gracious teacher, Sandy. Another great game hosted by you, and I hope it's not the last.

Sign in to follow this