XimenaPaulina

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 4 Discussion

I dont know my Star wars facts but am I right in assuming that Stass Allie will be killed in this series by Grevious??? I think thats right, or is it Adi Gallia?? Because if I remeber correctly, isn't it Grevious who kills her and if they are willing to change the history of Even Piell then possibly we'll see another jedi master fall??

Ugh, ANOTHER attack on Naboo? :hmpf: Headed by General Incompetentous? Yeah, I wonder how that's gonna turn out. :sarcasm_hmpf:

I dont know my Star wars facts but am I right in assuming that Stass Allie will be killed in this series by Grevious??? I think thats right, or is it Adi Gallia?? Because if I remeber correctly, isn't it Grevious who kills her and if they are willing to change the history of Even Piell then possibly we'll see another jedi master fall??

Stass Allie died in ROTS, but yeah, Galia was killed by grievous in the EU. But that was back when Grievous used to be cool. I'd be very surprised if they showed that in this series. :sadnew:

But that was back when Grievous used to be cool.

Back when unveiling four arms on Utapau was surprising and even cooler than Maul's double-bladed lightsaber, instead of something everyone in the Clone Wars who wasn't hiding under a rock knew about. :hmpf_bad:

One thing, why is Padme on mon calamari? She is a senator not a general :tongue: General Grievous used by cool, e.g old cw ROTS now is a coughing fool that has almost sunk as low as jar jar binks

Back when unveiling four arms on Utapau was surprising and even cooler than Maul's double-bladed lightsaber, instead of something everyone in the Clone Wars who wasn't hiding under a rock knew about. :hmpf_bad:

Yeah, and back when his origin was a tragic accident staged by Dooku and not a result of his desire to become a Jedi. :hmpf: Sigh.

General Grievous used by cool, e.g old cw ROTS now is a coughing fool that has almost sunk as low as jar jar binks

And he is about to stoop even lower, losing to a single Gungan with a stick. :angry:

OK, enough Grievous bashing. :laugh: I actually like the idea of a duel between him and Ventress. :thumbup: It would be awesome if he were to kill her, but I doubt it. :sadnew:

OK, enough Grievous bashing. :laugh: I actually like the idea of a duel between him and Ventress. :thumbup: It would be awesome if he were to kill her

Nah. That would tamper with the existing canon concerning Ventress' death. (or lack of one, in this case) :grin:

Dave Filoni: "Canon? What's canon?" :pir_wacko:

:tongue:

Lucas: "Oh! Oh! I know! It's a large shooting weapon meant for use against tanks and/or spacecraft. Why don't you invent, oh, say, ninety-four new ones and throw them into your TV show! The fans are gonna love it!"

:tongue:

More like "Canon… yeah, but this would be cooler."

Watching the 'episode commentary' aka Filoni talking about whatever he feels like for approximately two minutes, I believe that Filoni is really well-versed in all of the EU canon, but he overlooks it. He knew Koth was supposed to be dead, he knew how Piell originally died, etc. but since Lucas doesn't care too much Filoni doesn't either.

The Windu punch is back! :tongue:

Does anyone know the name of the ship in the far right of the screen at 1:18? I'm not sure whether it's a new concept or an existing one.

I really think they overdid Grievous' whole 'four arms' concept - in the original Clone Wars series he showed impressive lightsaber skills even with two arms and didn't reveal the second pair until the very end when it was absolutely necessary.

More like "Canon… yeah, but this would be cooler."

Watching the 'episode commentary' aka Filoni talking about whatever he feels like for approximately two minutes, I believe that Filoni is really well-versed in all of the EU canon, but he overlooks it. He knew Koth was supposed to be dead, he knew how Piell originally died, etc. but since Lucas doesn't care too much Filoni doesn't either.

I was under the impression that Filoni, having good knowledge of the Expanded Universe, was on the side of the fans and tried to leave the tampering of the canon to a minimum.

Ah, and in response to Oky's recent post in the LEGO Star Wars forum... I'm honestly wondering why the scriptwriters are so careful about that one particular tidbit (Anakin meeting Grievous) when they've more or less gone overboard with everything else regarding the Kalee general. :sceptic:

Edited by fallenangel309

Regarding the good general.

TCW has ruined any sense of awesomeness he had in ROTS, I don't like CW but at least GG was given the respect he deserves in it (chain saws anyone). As it stands there's only one way out of this for GG, DEATH. Finally after being humiliated by a gungan with a stick and by Obi countless times, obi finally kills GG off but doesn't check for life signs thus the Republic believes him to be dead. Dooku then recovers GG body and uses Sith magic to resurrect him and give him a massive power-up into his formidable form from CW and ROTS, this also explains the surprise of the Jedi in CW, not because GG is a new threat but because he is back from the dead.

Edited by Mr Man

Regarding the good general.

TCW has ruined any sense of awesomeness he had in ROTS, I don't like CW but at least GG was given the respect he deserves in it (chain saws anyone). As it stands there's only one way out of this for GG, DEATH. Finally after being humiliated by a gungan with a stick and by Obi countless times, obi finally kills GG off but doesn't check for life signs thus the Republic believes him to be dead. Dooku then recovers GG body and uses Sith magic to resurrect him and give him a massive power-up into his formidable form from CW and ROTS, this also explains the surprise of the Jedi in CW, not because GG is a new threat but because he is back from the dead.

So Grievous has to die and be brought back to life... again?

So Grievous has to die and be brought back to life... again?

Well I wanted to kill him off for good after seeing him in TCW but I can't. Also I can't think of another way to mesh the two CW series together in regards to GG.

Well I wanted to kill him off for good after seeing him in TCW but I can't. Also I can't think of another way to mesh the two CW series together in regards to GG.

I suppose they could have him be badly damaged in an episode after which he's rebuilt stronger than before using the plans seen on Nelvaan in the '03 series. But that still doesn't make his four arms on Utapau any more surprising.

But that still doesn't make his four arms on Utapau any more surprising.

No it doesn't but..

Just wait until they make a PM prequel all about Maul vs Qui-Gon with lots of double bladed lightsabres :grin:.

Just wait until they make a PM prequel all about Maul vs Qui-Gon with lots of double bladed lightsabres :grin:.

:sing:

Though that wouldn't be so bad, because in Menace Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon don't seem that surprised or intimidated by Maul.

I like the fact you hate the CW and the fact it's destroying your 'precious canon' that you're moaning about Grievous of ALL characters.

(Where did you get the Grievous wants to be a Jedi btw?)

Weren't the Sith were thought to be extinct prior to the events of Menace? :wacko:

I like the fact you hate the CW and the fact it's destroying your 'precious canon' that you're moaning about Grievous of ALL characters.

And this statement is directed at...?

Who said that?

Oky:

The 2008 show The Clone Wars, as previously mentioned, contradicts much of canon that takes place in or around the Clone Wars. Things pertinent to Grievous include his backstory, as The Clone Wars claims that Grievous wanted to become a Jedi, although he wasn't Force-sensitive, and so chose to have surgery on himself to become a Jedi.

Oky:

The 2008 show The Clone Wars, as previously mentioned, contradicts much of canon that takes place in or around the Clone Wars. Things pertinent to Grievous include his backstory, as The Clone Wars claims that Grievous wanted to become a Jedi, although he wasn't Force-sensitive, and so chose to have surgery on himself to become a Jedi.

:facepalm: I must have missed that. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse.

And this statement is directed at...?

No one in particular.

I totally mean you and Brickdoctor. :devil::laugh:

I must have missed that. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse.

But is there a source for it? I've never heard it being mentioned.

No one in particular.

I totally mean you and Brickdoctor. :devil::laugh:

Hey, we have to complain about something. :grin: It's CW. It's impossible not to. This way we complain and stay on-topic. :innocent2:

Neither have I. It doesn't sound like something out of the TV show, though, so I assumed it was from a novel or an interview.

Neither have I. It doesn't sound like something out of the TV show, though, so I assumed it was from a novel or an interview.

Anyway, knowing that poor old Grievous has this background as a noble warrior who was fighting for his people, then was sadly tricked my Dooku reduced him to a straight up pawn, who was played by the seppies, because he really wasn’t the master of his own destiny, he was more a product of Dooku’s evil machinations than his own pride and villainy. It was more in Grievous’ character (as created by George Lucas) to choose to upgrade himself, because he chose to sacrifice his ‘humanity’ for the power to become the greatest killer in the galaxy. He wasn’t able to do it via The Force, so he chose to make himself into a mechanical monster that dominated the most powerful beings in the galaxy, the Force users, the Jedi.

I would have to disagree with Filoni here. It seems like Grievous' aggressive lightsaber fighting style and general attitude would make more sense were it fueled by bitterness.

Well when CW first came out I got a free poster from the Mirror that says:

General Grievous

A warlord from the planet Kalee, General Grievous always wanted to be a Jedi, but lacked force sensitivity. Furious that his powers would never equal a Jedi's Grievous vowed to destroy the order. He replaced his body parts with robotic limbs that gave him superhuman strength and agility. Now Grievous has the power to rival any Jedi.

I've seen this quoted through the Internet so it must be from the CW producers.