Sign in to follow this  
SirSven7

The Lookout Post

Hello Everyone,

This is my first pirate Moc, I wanted to make a small lookout post designed to see across the vast ocean(for my Blueies) with a small ship as transport, to warn the main fort if anything is approaching.

Sadly I don't have the greatest number of bricks, and my sails are a little small, but overall I'm quite pleased.

Overview

11.jpg

The Ship Close Up

8.jpg

The Front Door

2.jpg

And most Importantly the Top of the Tower

7.jpg

The Post's only Cannon :pir_bawling:

3.jpg

Inside the Fort, The Kitchen Space

4.jpg

The Dinner Table

6.jpg

Thanks for looking, I hope you liked it :pir-classic:

Comments would be nice.

GREAT IMPERIAL MOC MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD WORK!

It remind me to Imperial trading post or Eldorado Fortress, but with some improvements like the kitchen. I specially Like the tower.

Ah...the ship remind me to ITP merchant ship

GREAT IMPERIAL MOC MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD WORK!

It remind me to Imperial trading post or Eldorado Fortress, but with some improvements like the kitchen. I specially Like the tower.

Ah...the ship remind me to ITP merchant ship

Thanks, I have the Trading post and I use the ship from that for my red imperials, this boat was made using the sea serpent part from the old castle line, the sail was take from the little boat you get in the enchanted island set. I like small er ships more than bigger one's, sadly TLG doesn't make many.

Thanks, I have the Trading post and I use the ship from that for my red imperials, this boat was made using the sea serpent part from the old castle line, the sail was take from the little boat you get in the enchanted island set. I like small er ships more than bigger one's, sadly TLG doesn't make many.

Your ship:

8.jpg

Sea Serpent:

u2z294s264x2b444v294s2n2s5h4c4r2b4w244q2b4v2v2.jpg

I don't see the common parts

Your ship:

8.jpg

Sea Serpent:

u2z294s264x2b444v294s2n2s5h4c4r2b4w244q2b4v2v2.jpg

I don't see the common parts

The only parts i used from the sea serpent was the boat shaped parts for the base of the ship, everything else was built with using scrap pieces from my unidentified bricks box,

I do very much like the classic pirates feel your fort has! It very much looks like the legendary Eldorado Fortress and the ships reminds me of the one from the Imperial Trading post! The new Admiral/Governor also goes quite well with the classic bluecoats. :pir-classic:

Thanks for sharing and let's hope you'll continue building!

I like it! Your small ship/boat looks cool for it's size, and the fort has a good amount of details. The little bench on the beach is really cool :pir-classic:

Thank you for moving the post, sorry I have spent too long in the historic themes post and didn't realise,

Thanks also for the comments, because i don't have eldorado fortress this will have to satisfy my blue coats until i have some disposable income and the will to use bricklink.

Thanks for noticing the bench on the beach cherno it where the officers hangout at the end of a busy day.

Looks good, I always love to see the Blue Coats. Even though you had a limited number of bricks your MOC looks great, I really like to boat.

I'd be interested in some more detail shots of the small ship, preferably form all sides, as i might 'borrow' your design for a small merchant vessel for my growing fleet... :pir-wub:

I'd be interested in some more detail shots of the small ship, preferably form all sides, as i might 'borrow' your design for a small merchant vessel for my growing fleet... :pir-wub:

Thanks thats a really nice complement (someone finding worth in my design :pir-cry_happy: )

Give me a little while and I'll take more detailed photos and post them here (probly by tonight or tomorrow)

You say you have limited bricks but I don't see anything missing here. You used what you had nicely. The layout is a but small but per minifig size I think its adequate. This is a popular design topic, I've seen many lookout points and your does not disappoint.I

I really like your MOC.

I have very limited bricks when it comes to Blue Coats / Red Coats etc (as most of my sets are Pirates themselves or Islanders). Out of curiousity, which Soldier sets do you have? Is this primarily made up out of other sets (e.g. Imperial Trading Post) or out of loose bricks? I'm new to MOCs and I'm trying to get some pointers as to how to create a worthwhile Soldier base. :)

Thanks

This Moc was made with the imperial trading post and Imperial Outpost, I also used quite a few extra bricks from my spares (proberly a 50/50 split), as when I was little my older cousin just gave be a big tube full of bricks and those extra bricks have been handly everythime I made some thing.

The flag was something I bought off Brick link because all my Bluies are hand me downs or from car boot sales and I really wanted a base for them.

Of course now the reds have no where to stay but I just keep them in a box for the time being.

The ship I made has the sea serpents base and enchanted island sail (slightly repaired if you look closely) and then the rest is again from my spares box.

Best way to make a Moc is to do exactly what your doing, look at other for insperation and then get creative, best of luck with all your Mocing.